Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Prasanna NyayadishYour feedback matters!
How to solve a problem of a person who is having sugar disease. and heart problem. What are the best medicine.
I am 33 yrs. Old. I am struggling to set up businessfor which I have compromise with many odd things. I am depressed since I am in debt and struggling for start ups. I have become regular alcoholic which effects my sleep my diet mental stress heart and head problems. Pls suggest.
I have some issue related to myself some times my heart is beating very fast but after some times it's normal pls reply.
Hypertension during pregnancy can be a problem for both baby and the mother. Thus it is of utmost importance that during pregnancy a good health should be maintained along with controlled blood pressure and cholesterol levels. With an increase in multiple births and women of older age the risk of hypertension during pregnancy has increased. But if proper care is taken it can be avoided.
Types of Pregnancy Hypertension:
There are three prominent forms of hypertension that can be seen during pregnancy. The pregnant ladies should be aware of the same. These are:
- Preeclampsia: This is the most common and serious hypertension during pregnancy. This hypertension can only be controlled by delivering the fetus, which usually involves complications like death of the mother or child. This occurs 20 weeks after pregnancy.
- Gestational hypertension: This form is only prevalent during pregnancy and is not a problem for the mother or baby after delivery. This usually occurs in the last leg of the pregnancy
- Chronic hypertension: This form forms either prior to the pregnancy or before 20 weeks of the pregnancy.
Management of Pregnancy Hypertension:
Hypertension during pregnancy can be handled by the following:
- In case of severe hypertension, blood pressure medication should be continued during pregnancy.
- If you are on ACE inhibitor type medication, then the medication is changed to one that is even safe for the baby.
- Your doctor might like to monitor you daily and can advise hospitalization for a few days
- If medication is missed, it might lead to uncontrolled life threatening hypertension. Thus the medication should not be missed at any time.
- In case of mild hypertension and absence of other diseases like diabetes and kidney disorders, the doctor might stop the medication or reduce the dose. Also, being off medicine does not cause any problem in mild hypertension.
- Irrespective of the hypertension being mild or severe, the prenatal appointments should not be missed, so that the doctor can monitor you and the baby. So that problems, like rise in blood pressure, poor fetal growth, and signs of preeclampsia can be spotted and steps can be taken for the same.
- In case there is some form of hypertension present the prenatal visits and lab tests will be more.
- Apart from the usual second trimester ultrasound, there will be periodic ultrasounds in the third trimester to monitor the baby's growth and the amniotic fluid.
- Also regular fetal tests and Doppler ultrasounds will be done to track the baby's growth.
- Lifestyle changes should be made. Salt intake should be limited, fresh food instead of processed food should be consumed.
- If blood pressure is high then doctor might ask you to avoid exercise especially if you never did before pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Your advice on cashew nuts. I am 65 years old retired army officer and play golf daily which involves brisk walking for about 5 km daily. I am on BP medication. My other physical parameters are good and no complaints. I am very fond of nuts. How many or how many grams cashews can I consume on a daily basis? I am scared of over eating also.
I am 62 yr. Male no diabetic. BP 90/130 taking tablet tenormin25 & stamlo 5.i am handicap with leg. I can't walk to long. I have corolstrol problem. I want to maintain LDL &HDL pl. Suggest me medicine for my body.
My brother has HDL cholesterol 36mgms/100 ml does it is bad for him . If bad then please tell me the precautions to make it good.
I have spondylitis n my head always pains bt now a days I am getting chest pain. N also I hve knee joint pain.
Following a healthy lifestyle that is armed with a well-regulated diet is the most important aspect of combating your cardio-vascular disease. If you think that it is going to be very difficult to achieve, then you will be happy to know that the reality is quite the opposite. You can achieve your goals by following short and simple steps that would help you to reap long-term benefits for protecting your cardio-vascular health.
- Try to use the calories consumed: It is very important to know how many calories you are consuming in a span of 24 hours. The calorie and nutritional information given on the food levels are normally based on the 2000 calorie diet. But it is crucial to know that your individual calorie requirement is dependent on numerous factors, including your age, gender as well as level of physical activities. When you are aiming to restrict your weight gain, it is recommended not to eat more than you can use up in a day along with increasing the intensity and amount of physical activity so that it matches the amount of physical activity. You must try to incorporate either 75 minutes of hard training or 150 minutes of moderate exercise in a span of seven days in order to boost healthy weight loss.
- Consume a wide array of nutritious items from all food groups: Though you may believe that you are eating a sufficient amount of foods, your body may not be receiving an optimum amount of nutrients it needs for proper functioning. Foods that are considered rich in nutrients must contain sufficient amounts of protein, minerals, whole grains and other variants of nutrients with low calorie content. These foods not only aid in reduction of weight but also trigger lowering of blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Eat right: You must aim to incorporate fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet besides whole grains, dairy products with low fat contents, legumes and nuts. It is important to stay away from red meat, trans fat, artificially sweetened beverages and sodium. Experts also suggest consuming less of food that has poor nutrient content in order to protect your heart.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol: Simply exercising and eating a healthy diet is important, but you should not eliminate the adverse effects of smoking and alcohol consumption, which not only cast an impact on the health of your heart but also cause a variety of cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases. The medications and remedial measures vary greatly among individuals and thus, it is crucial to speak with a doctor for receiving personalized treatments. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.