Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Prasad MoreYour feedback matters!
I have a problem with my spinal cord. Pain happen any time rapidly. Sometime so much pain in my back. Please give me solution.
1. Standing… keeping one foot forward of the other, with knees slightly bent, takes the pressure off your low back.
2. Sitting… sitting with your knees slightly higher than your hips provides good low back support.
3. Reaching… stand on a stool to reach things that are above your shoulder level.
4. Moving Heavy Items… pushing is easier on your back than pulling. Use your arms and legs to start the push. If you must lift a heavy item, get someone to help you.
5. Lifting… kneel down on one knee with the other foot flat on the floor as near as possible to the item you are lifting. Lift with your legs, not your back, keeping the object close to your body at all times.
6. Carrying… two small objects (one in either hand) may be easier to handle than one large one. If you must carry one large object, keep it close to your
7. Sleeping… sleeping on your back puts 55 lbs. of pressure on your back. Putting a couple of pillows under your knees cuts the pressure in half. Lying on your side with a pillow between your knees also reduces the pressure.
8. Weight Control… additional weight puts a strain on your back. Keep within 10 lbs. of your ideal weight for a healthier back.
9. Quit Smoking… smokers are more prone to back pain than nonsmokers because nicotine restricts the flow of blood to the discs that cushion your vertebrae.
10. Minor Back Pain… treat minor back pain with anti-inflammatories and gentle stretching, followed by an ice pack.
For More Details & advices
Dr. Aniket Solanki
My mother is 44 years old. She has pain in her keens all the time. But it become severe in winter and it spreads in her all lower body. She has consulted to many doctors but no improvement.
I had a compound fracture 10 years ago, fracturing both bones in my leg. The bones are healed now, but I find it difficult to run or skip and jump due to pain in the bones and the flesh around the fractured area with occasional swelling. Please why am I still experiencing all these pain and swelling after 10 years? I am 45 years old now.
I am 28 years I have severe pain in my neck upper part I have done many test bit didnot gel relief please advice what should I do.
Sir, I am 44 year of female and having constant lower back pain. I am taking homeopathic medicine. But not getting much relief. Also my 5 year old some is having saviour congestion. Thanking you,
A few months ago I have got my ligament of left ankle turned while playing. Can you tell me which kind of treatment will be better for me?
I am 59 years old. In hip joint blood clocked. I have taken medicine in 1988 for a six months. After that nearly 8 to 10 years I have no pain. Nowadays once/twice in a month pain is coming. I am not taking any medicians.
My cousin has a problem of rheumatoid arthritis from the last 3 years. Every doc saying it's dangerous. Presently having serious back pain.
I am 32 year's female from last 25 days I am suffering from heel pain Local doctor advice me test uric acid I test but report is normal Please advise me what I do My heel pain.
Hii, one of my friend got injured while he was walking down stairs. He got a severe damage below his right knee, seems to be more swell. Please suggest some diagnostic measures.
The knee is the largest joint in the human body and is a complex structure formed of bone, muscle and cartilage. Development of pain in the knees can be caused by numerous factors such as aging, injuries, diseases, dietary deficiencies, etc.
Arthritis is the most common cause of knee pain and usually affects the elderly and aged. It occurs due to an inflammation of the joint and causes pain, swelling, redness and inflexibility of the knees.
What are the factors that determine treatment method?
Diagnosis for knee pain varies from patient to patient as each case is different and must be approached differently. Some of the factors that determine the treatment method are as follows:
- Cause of the problem
- Nature and intensity of pain
- Age of the patient
- Medical history of the patient
- Diet and lifestyle of the patient
There are a number of different types of arthritis which can affect the knees in different ways and, consequently, require different types of treatment methods.
What are the various treatment methods for knee pain?
1. Conventional Remedies - These are used in case of conditions that are not too severe or chronic. It includes keeping on bed rest, using an ice pack, taking a painkiller and anti-inflammatory medicines, wearing knee braces, etc.
2. Physical Therapy - There are many stretching and strengthening exercise routines that help alleviate knee pain and treat the condition. Recovery is achieved by making the muscles around the knees stronger and increasing stability and flexibility.
3. Injections to the Knees - A number of anti-inflammatory substances and supplements, as well as lubricants, can be injected into the knee joint which helps reduce pain and makes the joint more supple.
4. Stem Cell Therapy - This involves drawing platelets from the patient's blood and injecting it into the knee joint for repairing damage caused to ligaments, tendons or cartilage.
5. Surgery - Surgical procedures for treating knee pain include partial or complete knee replacements.