Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prasad Gaykward
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Prasad GaykwardYour feedback matters!
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to my self all the time please help me.
Social anxiety disorder or social anxiety phobia is characterised by an extreme and often, unrealistic fear of social situations and scenarios. A patient suffering from this condition will usually be ridden with self-confidence and a sense of intense nervousness, as if he or she is being constantly watched and scrutinised. It may be caused by biological, psychological or environmental factors. Let us find out ten ways to getting over the same.
- CBT: CBT or cognitive behavioural therapy is a form of talk therapy that allows a patient to speak with a psychologist or psychiatrist, so as to find out the root cause of the condition. This form of theory helps in arriving at ways of overcoming the feelings of nervousness in social situations.
- Practice going out with smaller groups: It is said that sticking to small and intimate groups can help in overcoming the hesitation and self-esteem issues that many of these patients feel. Once they are comfortable, they can take on larger groups.
- Medication: Antidepressants and beta blockers are sometimes prescribed along with other kinds of medication, for patients who are unable to control their intense anxiety in social situations.
- Face the fear: A little introspection will help you arrive at the reason or root cause of your anxiety. This can help in facing the fears and tackling them. You can talk about these fears with someone.
- Unhelpful thinking: Tackle unhelpful thinking where you imagine people are looking at you in a certain way because they must be judging you. Tell yourself over and over until you believe that it is not true.
- Focus on yourself: The key is to focus on yourself instead of getting hooked on to what others may be thinking about you. This will help in banishing the negative thoughts.
- Be in the present: Practice deep breathing or meditation to bring yourself back to the present every time you begin to think about what people may be thinking about you when you are in a social scenario.
- Lifestyle changes: Drinking less and not smoking at all can also help in the better production of hormones that will help in balanced thinking, especially in anxiety-ridden situations.
- Group therapy: Much like CBT, group therapy gives you space and platform to voice your fears and anxiety. The advantage of this kind of therapy is that you can also hear the stories and fears of other people, which will give you some point of reference when it comes to overcoming your own fears.
- Communication skills: You can go to a counsellor or get soft skills training for better communication skills, which will help you improve your social interactions. This, in turn, will give you much confidence to deal with the world outside. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.