Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Prapthy BhatYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, I have savior pain in my leg I. E in foot section (having burn feeling). What should i do?
My accident is being last month and I have pain on right knee. How it control please tell me what am I do?
I am 41 year old, & I got 4 time sigerian operations. I am suffering from backack / kamar dard, kindly give treatment
My back is paining may be due to too much of bike riding. Now it always pains. Just by sitting also it pains. What to do.
I had taken ZIFi O but got no relief in back pain and burning in urine and frequent urine several times suggest me medicine and also doctor I am student and facing problem in travel and exam.
I am traveling extremely sometimes on sitting my backside lower to shoulder and upper to hip pain is there. Is any solution for this to repair or avoid pain. Or any exercises.
Hi am kittu I have been suffering from joint pain at left shoulder. Pain get's severe at some times. I have no previous injury. please help me.
Sports injuries can occur in children if proper precautions are not taken. A proper warm up before exercise followed by stretching helps in easing muscular stress and thus preventing injuries. It is important to supervise children when they are engaging in physical exercise or sports.
The tips to prevent sports injuries in children are:
- Talk to them: A child may experience pain but may not show it, so it is important to encourage them to speak up when they experience pain. Most sports-related injuries in kids can be prevented by early intervention.
- Preseason physical: It is important to get a preseason physical to determine your child's fitness. This can help determine if the child is fit to play and thus consequently, minimizing the risk of injuries.
- A proper warm-up: You should emphasize on the importance of a proper warm-up to your child. Make sure your child performs a mix of dynamic and static stretches to warm up before playing. It will raise the heart rate and increase blood flow thus making him ready to play.
- Cross training: Children should cross train with multiple sports, as playing one sport for a long time may stress the joints. This is done to prevent overuse of muscles and prevent boredom.
- Well hydrated: Make sure your child is well hydrated as an excessive fluid loss may result in fatigue and vomiting. Playing sports in summer can result in fluid loss through sweating and therefore needs to be replenished in order to prevent further complications.
- Follow proper techniques: It is important to observe that your child is following proper techniques while playing a sport. Disregarding the guidelines can result in injury.
- Proper diet: A proper nutritious diet is recommended to make sure that your child is getting all his necessary minerals and vitamins. It allows the child to become fitter and less prone to injuries. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.
I works in medical for 12 hours because of that my joint pain is increasing n I had tried gemcal capsule but still no relief from pain pls tell me wht to do.
I am aged 65 years and my weight is between 100 to 110. All in sudden my left knee muscles become frozen ,bone become straightened feeling and thereby resulting pain in walking. What is this and remedy please.
Radiology is a special branch of medical science that uses various techniques of imaging for the diagnosis and the treatment of several types of diseases in the body. The different types of imaging techniques used in radiology are X-rays, Computerised Tomographic scan (CT Scan), ultrasound, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and nuclear medicine which includes Positron Emission Tomography(PET).
Role played in evaluating hip replacement
Hip replacement surgeries have become extremely common in the recent times, and radiological evaluation remains the mainstay of the overall hip replacement procedure. Thus, the role played by radiology is quite significant in such situations. All the specific anatomical landmarks and the measurements are used to make sure the placement is perfect during the hip replacement surgery. Radiological imaging helps in the assessment of the following conditions that are as discussed below.
The length of leg
The inequality in the length of the two legs is prevalent after a hip replacement surgery which can create a great deal of discomfort and inconvenience to the patients. A greater difference in the length of the two legs increases the chances of dislocation, and this is a situation where radiological evaluation plays a crucial role. With the help of radiological imaging, the length of the legs can be made almost equal.
The horizontal center of rotation
In this case, horizontal center of rotation helps in the assessment of the acetabular component of the prosthesis. This is calculated by the measurement of the distance between the center of the head of the femur and the acetabular teardrop. This distance should be bilaterally equal, and it is just not possible without the help of the imaging techniques of radiology.
The acetabular inclination is the angle formed between the face of the cup and the transverse axis. If the angle is less, then it results in a stable hip, but the abduction is limited. On the other hand, if the angle increases then there are high chances of dislocation of the hip. Thus, with the help of radiological evaluation, proper and effective angular inclination is given which is optimum for the patient.
The stem positioning of the femur
The main aim of the stem positioning of the femur in a hip replacement surgery is placing the stem in a position which is neutral within the shaft. To get a proper idea of the positioning, the imaging techniques are of utmost importance which cannot be achieved perfectly without the imaging.
Thus, the crucial role the different techniques of radiological imaging plays during the overall procedure of a hip replacement surgery can be perceived. With the use of the different imaging techniques, the results obtained are closer to perfection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Radiologist.