Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pramila Bhatia KYour feedback matters!
Increase the intake of milk and milk products which contain high levels of calcium during the third month of your pregnancy as the baby's tooth buds are developing at this point.
Hello Dr. I found some ayurveda / natural medicine (Glycyrrhiza glabra / Licorice (Mulethi) is good for Genital Herpes which fights with the virus in order not to develop or multiple so that recurrences are very minimal. Please advice me in this regard including dose and usage. Thanx.
I have taken mifepristone 200 mg 1 tab yesterday at 1 pm and then taken 1 tab of 200 mg Misoprostol tab after 6 hour and 1 tab today morning after 12 hour (all orally), did I take it right way. 2 tab left of 200 mg Misoprostol tab left which I am thinking of taking after 12 hour each, pls suggest did I follow right method.
My gf, nipple started paining from past 1 week but its not a sharp pain. Its only when she touches the nipple and the pain is very little otherwise no pain. She is of 18 years and she is telling me that she is completely ok and she also told me that she is feeling like her breast or nipples are growing in size that why they are paining? Is it normal pain. I mean I am very much worried and she is my everything. So please tell me is everything normal?
For an expecting mother, nothing is more important than the safety and well-being of her unborn child. With due care, a mom-to-be can prevent complications that may arise in pregnancy by avoiding certain potential risks. Read on to find out the 5 things pregnant women must avoid at all costs in order to have a safe pregnancy.
1. Caffeine: It’s wise to avoid coffee, tea or even sodas that contain caffeine, as it can adversely affect the baby’s heart rate. Some studies go on to suggest that the consumption of caffeine may even increase the risk of miscarriages. Not only that, the intake of caffeine by the mother can increase the chances of the baby getting diabetes. So anything that contains caffeine must be avoided at all costs.
2. Abdominal X-rays: Abdominal X-rays during pregnancy are a big no. This kind of X-ray exposes the abdomen of the mother, and the baby as a consequence, to high levels of radiation, which can cause changes in the baby’s rapidly growing cells. As a result, the baby’s chances of suffering from birth defects or certain cancers, such as leukaemia later on in life, increase rapidly. It is best to avoid X-rays until absolutely necessary. However, you must avoid self meditation.
3. Heavy exercising: While moderate exercising during pregnancy is very healthy for both the baby and the mother, extreme exercising can give rise to quite a few complications. Exercises, which cause the heart rate of the mother to exceed the mark of 160 bpm (beats per minute) may result in the supply of less oxygen to the baby. This can lead to foetal hypoxia, a condition in which the supply of oxygen to the brain of the baby is restricted, resulting in brain damage. Exercises that must be avoided include abdominal crunches, exercises that hurt the mother’s joints or strain her back or which require her to hold her breath for too long.
4. Alcohol: All types of alcohol must be avoided during pregnancy. Consumption of alcohol during these 9 months has been associated with several birth defects such as poor growth, learning disabilities and mental retardation. In worst case scenarios, excessive alcohol consumption during pregnancy can lead to what is known as Foetal Alcohol Syndrome or FAS, which severely affects the mental development and physical growth of the unborn child, particularly of the face and skull. Also, you must quit smoking.
5. Stress: Stress can trigger various health problems, which can be bad for both the baby and the mother. Studies have revealed the emotional environment of the mother is experienced by the baby as well. In fact, a particular study has shown that any kind of stress, whether it be work related or stress caused by strain in relationships, can affect the mental development of the child. This as result can lead to the child developing certain behavioural disorders such as fears and phobias, which remain way into his adulthood.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I'm 23 years old female, my panty gets wet all the day and it smells very bad, I want to know the reason and how I can avoid this. please suggest me.
How to check if you're pregnant or not within 72 hours of unprotected intercourse please help me on this.
1) rocking immune system: regular sex ensures higher levels of what defends your body against germs, viruses, and other intruders.
2) lowers blood pressure: one landmark study found that sexual intercourse specifically (not masturbation) lowered systolic blood pressure.
3) great exercise: sex is a really great form of exercise. It is a muscular exercise that burns calories and increases your heart rate.
4) lowers heart attack risk: great sex life is good for your heart. It not just raises your heart rate, sex helps keep your estrogen and testosterone levels in balance.
5) reduces pain: getting an orgasm can block pain. Vaginal stimulation can block chronic back and leg pain, and can reduce menstrual cramps, arthritic pain, and in some cases even headache.
6) improves sleep: people usually dose of quickly after sex and tend to get a sound sleep.
7) relieves stress: sexual arousal releases a brain chemical that revs up your brain's pleasure and reward system. Sex and intimacy relieve you of stress and boost your self-esteem and happiness too.
8) reduces risk of prostate cancer: a study, published in the journal of the american medical association revealed that men who ejaculated frequently (at least 21 times a month) were less likely to get prostate cancer.
9) helps women's bladder control: incontinence, a problem that affects about 30% of women at some point in their lives is helped with a regular sex. Good sex is like a workout for their pelvic floor muscles. An orgasm causes contractions in those muscles thus strengthening them.
I have been trying to conceive frm d past 5months had gone to d doc for a check up. She gt my prolactin and TSH checked up and everything is normal. She did a follicular study and it showed that everything is ok im jus ovulating on d 21st day of d cycle. Bt I dn seem to have d egg white discharge throughout the cycle. Is ths d reason im unable to conceive? Is d egg white discharge necessary for conception? Ths is my second child.
I am 22 year old girl, I have had irregular menstruation problem, it gets normal with medicine but I need a permanent home solution. Can you please suggest a home remedy.
I need help to control pregnancy after intercourse. (I'm not using condom) And I need ayurveda solution not a tablets.
Sir I'm a 37 years old, meri marrige ko 12 years ho gaye hai mere ek 4 years ki baby hai an hum dono conceiving chahte hai bt conceived ho nhi pa raha, muje aisa khud ko lagta hai ki iska karan mera early discharge hona toh nhi pls consult me.
Hello' actually my cousin Breast size is to large. Jise vjah she shoulder pain or back pain kafe hone LGA kafe time we excersize bhe kr rhe h but koi frk to Brest size kam krne k lie kya krna chaiye kya koi pills h iske liye.
Thalassemia patients should not be given iron-rich foods as they may lead to other problems. Oysters, pork, beans, liver, peanut butter, beef, tofu, flour tortillas, cream of wheat, infant cereal, watermelon, prunes, peas, spinach, raisins, broccoli, and green leafy vegetables all fall under this category.
A nutrient extremely important for thalassemia patients is calcium. Due to the affliction, bones tend to become weak and fragile and as such, calcium rich foods are highly recommended to strengthen the skeletal system of the body. Foods high in iron content are dairy products, almonds, hazel nuts, sesame seeds, sardines, salmon, apricots, figs, oranges, currants, soy beans, white bread, white rice, kale cabbages, cauliflowers, beet, carrots, celery, alfalfa sprouts, turnips, cucumbers, garlic, lettuce, tomatoes, green chillies, potatoes, apples, cranberries, pomegranates, strawberries, pineapples, lemons, and acai berries, among others.
- You must include vitamin d in the diet of thalassemia patients as vitamin d helps in absorption and assimilation of calcium in the body. Some such foods are cod liver oil and soy milk.
- Along with the specific diet, there are certain home remedies that may abate the symptoms of thalassemia.
- The best home remedy to cure thalassemia is to consume a healthy and balanced diet to enhance the immunity of the body. Also, it helps prevent and cure weakness and fatigue, the prime symptoms of thalassemia.
- Intake of foods rich in folic acid also helps alleviate the signs of thalassemia. Some such foods are lentils, egg yolk, dried beans, sweet potato, wholegrain bread, soya products, split peas, nuts, brussel sprouts, bananas and peaches, among others.
- Two glasses of milk everyday helps cure thalassemia. Apart from milk, other dairy products that may be consumed on a regular basis are cheese, yogurt and butter.
- You must avoid junk food as these foods interfere with the normal functionality of the body, making it fragile and weak. You must avoid carbonated or aerated drinks as well as canned or tinned foods (attributed to their high content of preservatives).
- Another effective remedy is to consume a teaspoon of honey, twice a day. You may mix honey in milk and consume it regularly.
- Certain yoga poses make your muscles and bones stronger. However, there is a disclaimer here. Such exercises should not be performed until advised by a doctor and must be carried out under the supervision of a certified yoga trainer.
- Another effective remedy to relieve the symptoms of thalassemia is to consume ginger. Ginger serves to enhance the immunity of the body as well as enhance the appetite.
- You may include lemonade in your diet to regulate a variety of processes and mechanisms in the body, helping alleviate the signs of thalassemia.
- Minor habits like maintaining good hygiene can go a long way in protecting a thalassemia patient from other infections which would worsen the condition.
- Apart from the regular home remedies, you may deploy herbal treatment to cure thalassemia. Some of the herbs used for curing thalassemia are:
- Folate or folic acid is a component of vitamin b-complex and helps alleviate the symptoms of thalassemia. As such, you may consume certain herbs which supplements folate in the diet. Some such herbs are red clover leaves, nettle leaves, and oatstraw, among others.
- You may also provide thalassemia patients with zinc supplements as some of them have low zinc level in the body, hindering normal cell metabolism and lowering general body immunity. Some of the herbs rich in zinc content are alfalfa, rose hips, parsley, dandelion, chickweed and burdock root, among others.
- You may also employ homeopathic techniques to cure the affliction, which involves intake of highly diluted preparation made of plant tinctures, stimulating the natural healing process.
‘Probiotic’ is one of the most popular word in health food industry today. The health food and grocery stores today are full of options on probiotic food and drinks. The literal meaning of probiotic is ‘for life’. Probiotics in scientific terms are microorganisms who provide enormous health benefits when consumed. In normal terms, they are friendly bacteria needed for our body to maintain a healthy gut.
Yogurt is one such super healthy food made by adding friendly bacteria to the milk. Doctors recommend eating a bowl of yogurt (400 gms) every day. Being a dairy product, Yogurt is not only packed with Calcium and Protein, it is also a powerhouse of vitamins and minerals like vitamin A, B2, B12, Riboflavin, Potassium, Phosphorous and Magnesium.
Let’s now look at some well researched health benefits of yogurt:
Yoghurt is effective in the prevention of Osteoporosis. This calcium rich food serves great benefits when fortified with Vitamin D. Look for yogurt with a boost of vitamin D as consumption of Calcium and vitamin D on a regular basis can aid in the prevention of Osteoporosis.
Many of us need to consume antibiotics in sickness to eliminate the infection. However, antibiotics not only kill disease causing, but good bacteria as well. Thus, it is very beneficial to consume yogurt especially when on antibiotics to help our body replenish lost nutrients and good bacteria.
Yogurt has now emerged as a beauty ingredient. A lot has been said about yogurt and weight management as well as its skin care benefits. A lot of beauty products now boost of yogurt goodness. Eat Yogurt and apply a yogurt mask for a spotless glowing skin!
Yogurt can leave you feeling full for long as it has high-quality protein. Thus, it can be a great snacking option. These days, yogurt occupy a big place in the food industry. We have many options over the counter from frozen yogurt, sweetened or flavored ones, smoothies to thick Greek yogurts. Though they are all great options to have, it is important to go for trusted brands and read the ingredients before you buy. Nutritionists, however, recommend fresh homemade yogurt over the ready-made ones to reap their maximum benefits.
There are many ways to add variety to your yogurt bowl every day. Whip it up with some fresh fruits; add ground flax seeds or nuts for a boost of Omega-3. Blend it with some natural honey and muesli for a perfect healthy smoothie.
Say cheers to good health with a bowl of yogurt every day! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
29 years female asked I am 29 years old. My pre pregnancy weight was 70kg and now I am in 16 weeks pregnancy and my weight is 77.7kg. Is it bad sign. And also having small cyst in the right ovary. Does it dangerous for pregnancy.
Homeopathy, being an alternative form of medicine, is often misunderstood when compared to allopathic treatments. In fact, there are many myths and rumours about the working of this field of medicine. This has become a primary reason as to why many people think twice before trying out homeopathy. However, of late, more and more people are breaking the shackles of these myths and rumours and opting for this natural and alternative form of medicine. Here are certain myths and facts which disclose the truth about them.
- It is often said that homeopathy first aggravates the symptoms and then reduces it. Most people shy away from this prospect and decide otherwise. The fact is, sometimes the condition worsens naturally due to the serious stage at which it is in. This is, however, not caused by side effects of taking any homeopathic pills. Thus, this line of treatment does not aggravate the symptoms. This is a myth and should be looked beyond.
- A set of people believe that homeopathy, being natural, has the ability to cure any disease whatsoever. But it has to be kept in mind that homeopathy is, after all, a natural science of medicine. Just as allopathic cure sometimes fails to produce the desired results, homeopathy too fails at times in delivering. But this is no reason to not opt for such a treatment. Every field of medicine has its own sets of limitations.
- At times, homeopathic doctors are not given the same respect that is given to those who practice allopathic treatment and deal in general medical sciences. Here, it needs to be discussed that homeopathy is an alternate form of medicine, which is practiced by those who have a proper degree in medicine, even in general medicine. In fact, many conventional doctors have thought it beneficial to switch streams of practice and have left allopathy for homeopathic treatments.
- Homeopathy is believed to provide relief only from pains, allergies and maybe skin troubles. But it is not so. Recent developments and studies have shown that homeopathy, if administered effectively, can also bring about pathological changes in the individual.
- People think that homeopathy takes time to show its results. But this is not true. In fact, at times while treating fever, cold and allergies, it shows rapid results. It is only when the disease is chronic that it takes time to heal.
These are some of the popular myths about homeopathy and it is needed that these myths are busted so that more and more people believe in the power of homeopathy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.