Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pralhad SamdaniYour feedback matters!
My baby is 5 months old. He is suffering with cold from 5 days. Can I use salbutamol 2.5mg nebuliser? I have given paracetamol, phenylephrine, cpm combination with advice of pediatrition.?
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
My 3 year daughter is not gone for potty from last 10 days. She feel that pooty is coming but not come. Out. Is it serious I have to worry or it will be come out. Pls suggest.
My kid is 7 year old. He shows a lot of anger when we said him to study and other things. What we do?
Hi, mera 15 days ka ek beta hua hain oh hamesha rota hain aur thoda thoda karke stole ho raha hain kya ho raha hain main kya karun?
My daughter, 15 years old is still having nocturnal bed wetting. Please advise me how this can be corrected.
My 2 years old boy having suff nose and also having cough. So tell me some home remedies or best medicines.
Hai my baby s 6 weeks old. Earlier continues three days he passed a motion in a yellowish watery type. From yesterday onwards he didn't passed the motion. He s struggling a lot to pass t. He s releasing a gas a lot. Please advice. Is it normal.
I am 25 years old and I am so much vulnerable to cold cough and ultimately fever. Whenever it happens, it completes a cycle of 5-6 days and ultimately to control it I have to take antibiotics like Amoxicillin and cough syrup. I am. So fed of up of it now. Suggest me ways to stay from it. Thank you.
My 14months daughter was born with low birth weight (1.75kgs). She doubled her birth weight by 5 months, but since then her weight has not increased much. Started solids after six months. Before that she was exclusively breastfed. She has got a mild pulmonary valvular stenosis but docs told it has got nothing to do with her weight gain. She is only 4kgs now. Twice during winter she has to be hospitalised with respiratory distress with upper respiratory tract infection (viral). Since than she was on nebulizer for 5 months. Done many blood tests there to find out the reason behind her poor growth as well but all test gave normal report. Only she has very high eosinophil level and high WBC count. Mentally she is alert and very active. Kindly advise what to do to improve her condition of FTT. Right now I am giving her high calorie foods like banana, sweet potato, egg yolks daily. She does not like milk at all. So I am making porridges n pudding with it and feeding her. Also she is suffering from chronic constipation since she started solids. From past two months she has to be given milk of magnesia twice daily.
Mera beta 7 saal ka hai. Uska Dengue fever ho gaya hai. Hospital mein I C you mein admit hai. Lekin fever kami nahi ho raha hai aur PLATELETS bhi kami hoti ja rahi hai. Bilkul bhi aram nahi lag raha hai. Kya ye jaldi sahi ho jayega.
Dear Sir/Madam, My daughter is 6 years old, above the buttocks there is a small hole are there. There is no pus are coming and no hair on it, whether she have to do surgery for that problem?
What are symptoms of stammering in the children. My son is 2.5year old and as advised by his play school teacher he stammer some time. Sometimes we also felt, he like to say something but think. But at the same time, if he is learning to speak is it still be called stammering! Pls advise.
My daughter is 5 years old and constantly suffers from stomach pain and indigestion. We also have taken sonography report which came normal. Her immunity is also very low and falls sick very often. We are also doing homeopathy for her. Please advice.
Hi doctor, My child has motion problem since 2years, he can't control the motion. I have taken him to a gastrogist, he suggest me that all test like stool, scan of stomach all are normal, I think his rectum is loose. What to do please doctor suggest me. The doctor has given a tablet called NORMAXIN, but no use with that tablet. He is five years old boy. Thank you.
My daughter 8 yrs old complains of stomach pain more oftenly.However with the intake of ginger,aajwain the symptoms are suppressed.Pl help for the permanent solutions.
My baby is now 16 months now, I want to stop breast feeding, how to make her to stop breast feeding as I have tried in many ways but she insist for it before going to sleep.
A little more about Weaning:-
Weaning can be defined as a process where there is a gradual transition from an infant's diet to a fully grown adults diet. Weaning is considered a period of complementary feeds, which helps an infant to establish a better connection with food. Weaning can also be considered as a process of developing infants taste buds. Weaning should always be introduced after 6 months of exclusive breastfeeding (from birth to 6 months).
Since the entire process of weaning takes a lot of patience and perseverance, mothers are expected to be creative to bring the best introductions in her child's menu. It is more of a trial method for the new mum, as it helps her govern a basic taste of her tiny tot.
Below are some points which can benefit both the new mum and the baby towards effective weaning.
Points to be kept in mind for a fruitful weaning:-
- Feed only supple or soft foods:- To avoid the potential risk of choking, which can be common with the foods like apple, grapes, nuts, popcorns, The rule here to follow is to make sure that the food fed, should be soft enough to get mashed between the finger and the thumb. It becomes very important to go choke free. One can conveniently start with blends.
- Offer purees and nutrient dense meals:- Weaning should be a gradual and relishing process and purees play a vital role in resetting the overall process since they are loaded with important nutrients and are also easy to digest, they can be an ideal meal to begin for the growing infant.
- Diversify the baby's prospect as a part of growing:- Babies like to see the world as a process of constant change and learning. Including wide varieties of mild herbs like basil, turmeric in his daily weaning diet, will help in developing a stronger immune response.
- Discourage the use of salt, sugar and honey all together:- Do not encourage the use of salt and sugar till the baby turns one. They can prove to be very heavy on the baby's tiny developing system, without contributing much on a nutritional front.
- Go slow and enjoy the overall process :-Considering this period as a time of bonding with your baby, by doing so you will be able to help your baby attain a healthy, positive and fun loving rapport with the new mum and the food, which will last with the baby for rest of his life. By any sort of force feeding involved, baby can get rebellious and might never want to have food at all.
- Encourage self-feeding:- By encouraging it, the baby will eventually learn the process of self-feeding. Self-feeding will help the baby to have a better grip over fine motor grip and also help him be more independent. Self-feeding should be monitored under vigilance and allow baby learn self-feeding by himself, in spite of some futile attempts.
Weaning should be a gradual, happy and a positive process, which should be initially done at a turtle pace. It should evolve as a learning process for both mother and the baby since that will help them to establish a better understanding and connection with the food habits. Weaning can sum up to the benefit of new mum by attaining a better understanding towards baby's food preferences.