Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prakash KotakYour feedback matters!
Hello Sir, I want know about skin lightening treatment. I wheatish in color. Are you doing same treatment at your clinic. If yes how long it will take to complete the treatment. Regards,Mayur.
I am suffered from dark circles under my eyes, I am much treatment of different doc but can not solve my dark circles problem, I have much waste money treatment of dark circles ,I am very sad ,plZ help me.
I had very unhealthy hygiene previously. Didn't used to clean my body properly. Now I have dark spots around my arms, stomach and back please help me.
Sometime I have severe pain in my breast There may be 2 or 3 lump but I do not know what to do it? I discussed with one of the doctor he said that we have to take out that lump through h minor operation. I am not sure that operation will rectify this lump prblm for always. Please I want your advice help me.
How to remove accident stitches marks from my face. 3 year ago. My stitches mark is deep I apply MEDERMA but So were not affected.
I am 32 years old, I Got Pimples in my face & left a black marks on face, and I have much of black spots on face.
Hi, I have one problem on my face. Its a oil face, and right n left so many small small moles, and white heads on my nose. Please suggest me.
I am a 40 year old male. I am suffering from boils in my anus for a year now. It heals automatically after one week or so, but keeps coming back after two months so in the same area, a few centimeters away fro the first one. It is very painful and effects my bowel movements. The local Doctor prescribed antibiotics but seems have no affect. What should I do?
I am 50 years old and I had developed pigmentation patches when I was in my early 30's. The patches are spreading across my face now. What should I do?
I have a dark and very oily skin. I also have acne. There is a black patch in my forehead. I use sunscreen but it is not going off. Is it a tan? I want to improve my complexion. Please help me.
I'm 26 yr old married female. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and hirsutism when I was 20 years. Doctor said there is nothing that he can do about hirsutism, however I have been taking thyronorm/thyroxin tablets (25mcg) daily in the morning 1-2 hours before breakfast. The levels are within the normal range. But I am unable to lose weight (because of lack of physical activity and sedentary lifestyle). For how should I continue the medication? and is there any cure for hirsutism? thank you.
Hi My Daughter is 2 years old she got full rash kind of thing around her head like above the forehead, behind her ears and above the neck wt is the natural way to get rid of that. She feels more itching.
I am varied about my skin related problem blackhits n othr lil problems so help me that how to care skin.
I am 20 years old male. I am going swimming classes and I have started getting rashes on skin. I do not want to leave swimming what should I do?
A breast lump is an enlargement, swell, protuberance or a bump that is different than the breast tissue surrounding it. Breast lumps can appear in men as well as women and they can be benign or malignant. Causes of benign breast lumps are as follows:
- Fibroadenosis: Also known as Fibro-cystic breast disease, it is a benign condition that affects the breast. It may affect either of the breasts or both. One of the major symptoms of Fibroadenosis is a breast lump. Usually, the lumpiness disappears after the menstrual cycle is over. Fibroadenosis occurs because the breast tissue doesn’t respond well to the hormonal changes during the menstrual cycle.
- Fibroadenomas: Fibroadenomas occur because of abnormal response to the hormone oestrogen. The lumps are usually well formed and round, around the milk ducts of the breast. Breast lumps due to Fibroadenomas are called breast mice, because they move around the breast. In some cases, they disappear and in some, they tend enlarge during pregnancy.
Other benign causes of breast lumps are breast abscesses, breast cysts, lipoma (lump of fat), mastitis (infection in the breast tissues), fat necrosis (another name for breast lumps) and intraductal papilloma (benign tumour of the milk ducts in the breast). A breast lump that is firm, well defined and doesn’t move around, i.e. it doesn’t disappear after your period or pregnancy, may be a result of breast cancer.
Treatment of breast lumps
The treatment of a breast lump depends on its cause. Benign breast lumps usually disappear over time. Otherwise following treatments can be considered as per the doctor’s discretion-
- Medication: If the breast lumps are painful or increase over time, it is advisable to take medication.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and other painkillers like paracetamol
- Danazol, Tamoxifen or Bromocriptine are administered to treat breast pain as well
- Antibiotics which are administered to cure breast abscesses that are caused due bacterial infections
- Limiting the amount of fat in the diet or wearing well fitting bras also reduces the amount of pain due to breast lumps.
- Certain types of breast lumps are filled with fluid or pus. This fluid can be drained through a procedure called aspiration or drainage.
- A radical way to treat a breast lump is surgery. Many a times, these lumps get bigger and painful and the most effective way to deal with it is to remove it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.