Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Prakash KatvaniYour feedback matters!
My kid below her eyelids have white bumps i.e. Pimple like her age is 18 month We use for her all product of jonson & Johnson How my kid get rid of this white bumps.
The answer to this question is YES. Your child does need an eye examination at regular intervals starting from his or her birth. But the problem is that most, if not all parents don’t know this and wait for a problem to appear before taking their child to an ophthalmologist. Healthy eyes and vision determine your child’s overall development. And her eyes should be examined regularly so that vision problem like near or farsightedness, cataracts and the lazy eye can all be detected and treated early. So, vision care and eye checks should be a part of your child's routine medical care.
- Routine medical examination timing for ensuring good vision for your child are:
- As a newborn, your baby should be checked for eye health by a Paediatrician.
- If your baby is born prematurely, then retinal examination on 30th day of birth is very important to rule out Retinopathy of Prematurity which is a blinding condition
- If the child has obvious eye irregularities or there is a history of eye problems in your family, you should get your little one checked by an ophthalmologist immediately.
- In the first year of your child’s life, you must get a routine screening for your baby’s eye health.
- At 3 years, take your child for an eye health screening and visual acuity tests that measure sharpness of vision.
- Repeat the same when your child is around five years of age.
- Your child should be examined regularly after age five.
But, if the child presents with symptoms like frequent headaches and squinting, you should rush your child to an eye doctor. Your child needs an eye exam when
- He/she rubs his/her eyes constantly
- He / she suffers from extreme light sensitivity
- Has trouble focusing
- Is not able to follow an object properly with his/her eyes
- Has abnormal alignment or movement of the eyes after six months of age
- Suffers chronic redness of the eyes
- Has chronic tearing of the eyes
- Has a white pupil instead of black
If your child has started school, the signs to look out for include
- Not being unable to see objects at a distance and having trouble reading the blackboard
- Having difficulty reading
- Sitting too close while watching TV
If your child has signs of poor vision or crossed eyes or if you see signs of an eye problem like excessive watering and discharge from the eyes; have your child’s eyes examined right away.
Common eye problems
- Lazy eye or Amblyopia – If your child faces a problem of poor vision in one or both eyes. The eyes may also have a difference in the refractive error of two eyes. If untreated, amblyopia can cause irreversible visual loss in the affected eye. It is best treated before your child is eight years old.
- Strabismus - This is a misalignment of the eyes and presents as one of the eye turning in, out, up, or down. If detected early, vision in both your child’s eyes can be restored by patching the properly aligned eye, which forces the misaligned eye to work. Misaligned eye can be aligned with help of appropriate glasses, prisms, exercises or surgery
- Refractive errors - Your child can suffer from nearsightedness or farsightedness. Nearsightedness is very common in school- going children. The child is not able to see faraway objects clearly in this. The ophthalmologist will tackle this with the help of spectacles or contact lenses. If caught early, eye conditions can be corrected easily hence regular eye exams are highly recommended for your child.
Your child can suffer from nearsightedness or farsightedness. Nearsightedness is very common in school- going children. The child is not able to see faraway objects clearly in this. The ophthalmologist will tackle this with the help of spectacles or contact lenses. If caught early, eye conditions can be corrected easily hence regular eye exams are highly recommended for your child. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
I am a male of 29 year male have severely weak vision. What can I do for increasing my vision aquity. I wear glasses of - 7.5. Will ayurveda be helpful in this situation. And also I want to weae contact lenses if thats afford.
How can I get rid of head pain (headache? When this happens I can't see properly, the images are looking like blur. Please tell some home methods to cure this!
He has red eyes from 3 days he can't see anything freely he is half blind and he is also suffering from fever he is gently weak and can't talk to us freely please help us please.
There are many common measures people take to improve their eyesight or to improve their vision, including wearing glasses, lenses, and many more. Here are some effective exercises, which can prove to be highly beneficial to improve your eye health:
This is the most common and also one of the easiest to do. It requires you to just look up, hold for two seconds, look down, hold for two seconds and then repeat this procedure for each corner of your eye, which means top-left, top-right, bottom-left and bottom-right corners.
This is simply rotating your eyes in circles. Roll your eyes in the clockwise direction for one minute and then roll your eyes in the anticlockwise direction for one minute.
3. Focus switching
This particular eye exercise is probably the most useful one to improve eye health. In this eye exercise, you have to hold something at a reading distance and cover the other eye. You then have to find something that is at least twenty feet away and trace its shape with one eye closed. With one eye closed, trace more shapes, which are twenty feet away.
This exercise is also very simple to perform. All you have to do is cover your eyes with your palms. Once you have done this, just wait and see that there are no bright flashes of light. If you see that there is a bright flash of light, just wait till they go. This is used primarily to distress the eyes.
5. Deep blinking
This is also an incredibly useful exercise for distance vision. What you have to do is to place some large letters are at a fair distance and then sit on a chair. You have to then close your eyes and tighten all your muscles for 5 seconds. After 5 seconds are over, you have to open your eyes and then you have to see the letters for a second or two. The more number of times you do this, the more clearly you will be able to see the letters after reopening your eyes.
However, these eye exercises are not universally accepted by all doctors.