Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PrakashYour feedback matters!
I want to know that if the DNC has been done previously and we are going for the DNC second time then can the doctor find it out that DNC has been done previously also or doctor will not come to know until we will let the doctor know.
My baby is now 16 months now, I want to stop breast feeding, how to make her to stop breast feeding as I have tried in many ways but she insist for it before going to sleep.
When it comes to the brain and IQ, is bigger better? Does size really matter? Is there really a connection between the size of your brain and intelligence? With the help of findings by neurologists and scientists, we seek to find out!
- Ailments and the brain: Scientists have found that children with autism have a brain that has grown in a disproportionate manner in the very first year of their life. This prevents the child from making connection in a normal manner. On the other hand, children and adolescents who suffer from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD show sign of having a much smaller brain size. Many scientists have shown that the size of the brain shrinks as we age and this does not have any visible effect on our cognitive abilities.
- It’s all relative: The size of the brain does not really have a bearing on the way a person’s cognition gets shaped. Even large mammals like elephants and whales are finally hunted and tamed by humans who have smaller brains in comparison. The brain is made up of billions of neurons, which need to function properly. It may be seen that scientists consider the brain mass in relation with the rest of the body so as to speculate about the cognitive abilities of the person. Why is this required? Large animals need a well functioning and proportionate brain size to control and run their organs with proper cognition for satisfactory results, which is what we humans seem to have done.
- Neanderthal brain: Historically, the earliest man or the Neanderthals are said to have had larger brains than we do. These people are believed to have brains that are at least 10% larger than the brains that we have in our modern times. The shape of their brain was different too. They were also heavily muscled people which had a bearing on the size and shape of the brain and bodies as well as the lean tissue within the brain. They also survived very successfully for a period of over 200,000 years, which obviously points to some form of elevated cognition, as per many scientists.
- Animals: While animals with small brains like lizards and reptiles do not perform too well on IQ tests, the animals with bigger brains like elephants and dolphins perform much better. But the medium sized brain of monkeys, lemurs and other animals are said to perform in the best manner. The correlation between the body size and the brain does not seem to hold good here, as per various researches.
So the verdict as per medical science and research stands divided! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurologist.
Dr. Sharmila majumdar
New pill on the block - addyi fdas approval of flibanserin to treat hsdd in premenopausal women, represents a women's health landmark, as it's the first drug to treat fsd. originally developed as an anti depressant, flianserin (addyi) is approved for low sexual desire in premenopausal women. addyi may boost sex drive in women who have hsdd and are distressed by it.
It appears to modulate neurotransmitters so as to, on balance, increase sexual desire side effects include low bp, dizziness, nausea, fatigue, sleepiness and fainting if mixed with alcohol. unlike the rapid effects of medication for ed benefits of addyi in reducing hsdd are seen only after first 4 weeks of daily treatment at 100mg at bed time.
Addyi is on sale since october 2015 in usa and it will be quite some time (minimum 24 months) before its available in india. addyi would have done its job if it encouraged women to atleast acknowledge their sexual dysfunction and bring it to the notice of their doctor's.
Calcium Defiency in women
Diet is a well balanced food combination which should be tailored according to personal needs and as circumstances changes specially. The wrong food can fail to nourish us, can keep us awake at night, make us sluggish and overweight or tense us up;
Major points to be kept in mind to plan our diet are:
- Personal Needs.
- Stages of our life.
- Genetic and temperament conditions.
- Clinical condition.
- Personal needs are likes, dislikes and your time availability
- Stages of our life we are in is very important as age plays a major role. So, supplement and manipulation of food group depends on our age.
There are many health problems those arise because of lifestyle we follow:
- Posture-related problems.
- Mental health disorders, like depression and anxiety.
- Heart disease.
- High blood pressure.
- Abnormal heart beats.
- Menstrual problems.
- Acne and other skin problems.
Common deficiencies noted in women are:
Vegetarian and non - vegetarian diet have their unique role in maintaining bone mineral metabolism of body.
- Calcium Deficiency in women makes entire matrix of the bone week, therefore keeping check of calcium in our diet can prevent women from osteoporosis in later ages after menopause. Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the human body, with over 99% of the amount present is being found in the bones and teeth. After the age of 35, both men and women start losing calcium from their bones. During menopause, however, the rate of loss increases rapidly for women. It also has a role to play in nerve function, blood clotting, muscle health, and other areas.
- Source of calcium
- Seeds-sesame ,sunflower , cheese
- Soya bean and their products
- Sources of protein: like fish, meat, Poultry, eggs are also important.
- Source of vitamin-D: Vitamin D can be obtained from sun exposure, food like eggs, mushrooms, orange and fish.
- Source of Phosphorus: Phosphorus is found in high amounts in protein rich foods such as milk and milk products and meat and alternatives, such as beans, lentils, nuts, Sunflower Seeds and Broccoli.
Common menstrual problems faced by women are cramps, pcod, menorrhagia, and amenorrhea.
Certain foods like caffeine, alcohol, caffeinated tea and high salt diets increases intensity of cramps. Include 'Ca' rich foods like broccoli, low fat yoghurt, high fiber diets and omega-3 rich foods to help you during your menstrual cycle.
Working women should Try to include energy booster snacks like nuts for mid meals and plan carbohydrate rich diets with more of complex carbs in form of roasted grains and cereals bars. Keeping a check on amount of water intake is also very important. Replace caffeinated drinks with herbal infusion and buttermilk for detoxification of the body.
Ultimately we have to overcome the fatigue, lethargy and all the clinical condition by planning our meals and having a well balanced diet for a healthy body.
Hello doctors. I am 25 year female. And haven't conceive baby and all test are normal including blood test. Urine test. Egg test and hsg is normal. So, please contact me. For all this query. that what should I do for it. Please its very important for my married life. Duration of marriage. Is one and half year.
Now I am pregnant. My mother-in-law is saying during pregnancy every women hair growth will be increased because of using protein, mineral, zinc medicines. But my hair has no growth and also hair falling increased. During pregnancy hair growth will increase or not because of pregnancy course medicines is it true or myth? Tell me please.
Tobacco harms people around you even if they don't smoke.
Quit tobacco, save your children.
What is secondhand smoke?
Secondhand smoke is the term doctors use for the smoke that people who do not smoke breathe in from other people's smoking. Another term for secondhand smoke is" environmental tobacco smoke"
Does secondhand smoke cause health problems in children?
Yes. Studies have shown that secondhand smoke from people smoking in the home can cause health problems in children. These problems are worse if both parents smoke.
What health problems can secondhand smoke cause in children?
Secondhand smoke increases the chance of children having the following health problems:
●Breathing symptoms, such as coughing, coughing up mucus, or wheezing (noisy breathing)
●Lung infections, such as bronchitis and pneumonia – these infections can be especially serious in babies and young children.
●Asthma – asthma is a lung condition that makes it hard to breathe. It doesn't cause symptoms all the time. But when symptoms flare up, children wheeze, cough, or get a tight feeling in their chest.
●The lungs not growing normally during childhood
●Hearing loss (later in childhood)
Later on as adults, children who grew up with secondhand smoke are more likely to get:
●Other types of cancers
Also, children who grow up with parents who smoke are more likely to take up smoking themselves.
What if my child already has asthma?
If your child already has asthma, secondhand smoke can make his or her symptoms worse or severe. Also, secondhand smoke causes children with asthma to need their asthma medicines or go to the hospital more often.
Can secondhand smoke affect an unborn baby?
Yes. If a woman (who doesn't smoke) lives in a home with secondhand smoke, her baby has a higher chance of weighing less than normal at birth.
What problems can happen if a woman smokes during pregnancy?
Women who smoke during pregnancy have a higher chance of having a miscarriage, which is when a pregnancy ends on its own before the baby can live outside the womb.
When a woman smokes during pregnancy, her baby has a higher chance of:
●Being born too early
●Not growing as much as normal in the uterus (womb)
●Being born with a birth defect
●Dying from sudden infant death syndrome (called" sids") later on – sids is when a baby dies suddenly during sleep for no known reason.
Is it enough to just make a smoke-free room in my home?
No. If you want to help your child's health, you need to make your whole home smoke-free. You also need to make your car smoke-free. It will not help enough to make a smoke-free room or to smoke at home only when your child is not there. Also, using an air cleaner will not help.
What should I do if I want to quit smoking?
If you want to quit smoking, think of the letters in the word" start" they can help you remember the steps to take:
S = set a quit date.
T = tell family, friends, and the people around you that you plan to quit.
A = anticipate or plan ahead for the tough times you'll face while quitting.
R = remove cigarettes and other tobacco products from your home, car, and work.
T = talk to your doctor or nurse about getting help to quit.
Your doctor or nurse can help you in different ways. He or she can:
●Put you in touch with a counselor – a counselor can help you figure out what triggers your smoking and what you can do instead.
●Prescribe medicines to help you quit smoking.
Some medicines reduce your craving for cigarettes. Others reduce unpleasant symptoms (called" withdrawal symptoms') that happen when you stop smoking.