Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prakash
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PrakashYour feedback matters!
I have large pores on my face since last month and my skin become too oily... what should I do? and there are any safer option to close these pores completely?
Hi doctors I am male 27 years I am getting a white patch ring type fungal infection below my lower abdomen and also same fungal infection at the hip n thigh joint which is very close to my testis n anus. What kind of infection is Tis? I request dermatologist to give me a good suggestion and cure plsssss.
Hlw sir I need a advice that is how to glow my skin brightness. My skin colour is little bit dark .so is there any medicine or something else that I would use.
Sir, I have been suffering with the rashes and rings in the pubic region. So which ointment should I apply?
I have black ring on my face. This ring is formed a weak before on my right side face. So please share your idea to remove the black spot.
Acne is a disorder, which is characterized by small red bumps on the skin or occluded pores in the skin such as blackheads. Acne occurs when overactive sebaceous glands (glands that produce oil in the skin) produce excess oil and the dead skin cells clog the pores of the hair follicle present in the skin. Acne is a condition that affects many people including teenagers and women during their menstruation period. The problem of acne can be extremely annoying, making most of the people to opt for self medication.
Acne scars can be divided into two broad types:
- Hypertrophic and Keloid scarring: Raised tissue on the surface of the skin following excess collagen production causes such kind of scars.
- Atrophic or depressed scarring: These scars are caused due to reduced tissue production. Small, but noticeable holes on your skin are called Ice picks. However, the boxcar is a scar, which is similar to a chicken pox mark.
Causes of acne scars:
- Food items rich in carbohydrates can trigger acne. Dairy products could also worsen the condition.
- Any medicine that contains lithium, androgen or corticosteroids can worsen this skin condition.
- Malfunctioning of hormones even after the age of puberty can lead to acne formation in both males and females.
- Bacteria, excess oil, blocked pores, and dead skin cells are the primary reasons behind acne.
Treatments of acne scars:
Fractional resurfacing laser is one of the most effective treatments for acne scars. It is a minimally-ablative technique that creates microscopic zones of dermal injury in a grid-like pattern. This helps in collagen remodelling, skin tightening, scar improvement, reduction in fine lines, improvement in texture, tone and colour of the skin. A series of 4 to 6 sittings are usually needed for optimal results. Each session lasts for one hour and is performed at monthly intervals.
Certain types of scars such as the ice pick and rolling scars, pixel laser are combined with subcision, dermal rollers and TCA cross. In addition, punch excision and softening of margins with laser can be done for box scars.