Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pradeet Talwalkar -Your feedback matters!
I am diabetic since 25 years started with Glycomet 1 gm &using insulin. Any alternate to insulin in Homoeopathy Or in ayurveda.
I have so much diabetic patients in my home I cannot understand how to protect them carefully please reply soon?
People suggest that eating curd is not good for health if taken night hours. Instead they say take milk. And people suffering from diabetes for them intake of curd is good or not?
I am a 52 year and 57kg wt old from pune I hbp from last 5 year 130/85 range to take metpure xl-50 last one yr I problem high coloestrol/tg ect but control by lilo 10 I stress & sleeping problem last 3 year I take restly 0.5/day recently blood test as below: all in normal but fasting sugar shown a 148mg% Dr. No any prescription and before 8 month my fasting sugar 100gm% 105, & 120 other my physical condition is normal why my sugar higher? if due to stress & anixity pl advice thanking you.
Diabetes patients should make a habit of eating cucumber regularly, it is very helpful in preventing and curing diabetes.
Sir I am diabetic detected 2 years back. My fasting is 85 and pp is 140-160 average. I am taking no medicine and avoids all diabetic food. Earlier I have asked the same question, you have suggested for Hba1c, which I got report yesterday an it is 6.5. Shall I need any medication. Please suggest.
I am 52 yrs old. I am suffering from diabetes from last 4 years. So please suggest me medicine (ayurvedic or homeopathic) medication?
Experiencing pain in shoulder, neck and back joints. We consulted a pediatrician and given some medicine for prior arthritis for 20 days. But after 20 days no change. She having diabetes and taking medicine from last 5 yrs.
My father is fighting with high blood sugar for last 7 years and now the condition is worsen, he is not feeling well and also problems with his left eye. Please help me where I should go for immediate relief of eye problem and also permanent solution of diabetes.
Diabetes is one of the worst diseases which has gripped majority of people today, thanks to our erratic work schedule followed by a lack of exercise and sleep, aggravated by the overindulgence in junk food. But, the good news is that you can control and even reverse diabetes by following some simple dietary tips.
The fact is dieting doesn’t mean starving; you can have tasty nutritious food which is mentally and physically rejuvenating.
Here are a few dietary tips you should follow to keep your blood sugar levels in check-
- Include adequate vegetables in your diet; especially which have high fibre content. Leafy vegetables such as spinach and vegetables such as peas, broccoli and beans are a must.
- Include high fibre foods such as chickpea wheat, oats and millets in your diet.
- Milk has the perfect combination of protein and carbohydrate and can control blood sugar levels.
- Make sure you eat pulses, especially those with husk and sprouts, as they keep your blood glucose levels normal. Even when you are having noodles, you must add sprouts to them apart from the vegetables.
- Foods which are rich in omega-3 fatty acids are excellent for combating diabetes. These include flax seed oil, nuts, fatty fish; these have a very small level of cholesterol.
- Consume high fibre fruits such as papaya, pear, orange, guava etc. Eat those fruits which have high sugar content such as mangoes or grapes, in moderation.
These are some of the foods which you should include in your diet. In addition, there are few everyday tips which you should follow-
- Make sure to have small frequent meals comprising of high fibre and low in carbohydrate foods.
- Methi or fenugreek seeds have high diabetes controlling mechanisms. Soak one tablespoon of the seeds in 100 ml of water overnight and have it in the morning.
- Exercise helps in managing blood sugar levels.
- Losing weight improves the functioning of the insulin.
Tip for sticking with a diabetes-friendly diet plan-
First and foremost, take small, manageable steps. Choose two or three things you want to work on. Once you feel you have mastered those you can move on to two or three more steps towards a healthier diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.