Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Please help I think i'm pregnant. Me and my fiancé intimated on friday what should I do now if I get pregnant. Friday we had sex not even a week has been please help.
She having period to day is 1st day of period and she having so much pain and loose motion too what should she do to get relief?
Respected doctor ,I had given birth to baby girl two months before. God taken her in the cause of meconium aspiration. Is 6 months enough to conceive for next?
I am 26 year old and my weight is around 72. I have pcod and insulin resistance. I had taken glycomet for 5 years but the meds combined with Diane 35 were making me depressed. I am stopped them. Now I am continuously putting on weight. Should I start the med again? What should I do?
I have a circler looking scab in betwen my butt right next to my vagina. It doesnt itch but it does get irrittated if i dont put cream on it. Or if i use the bathroom it stings because if the pee. I dont have any discharge or anything like that. Im realyy concerned because i am sexually active. It feel soft or scabby but no discharge. Please help im really worried.
From how many days egg will release after menses came? While in menses period isn't good to participate in sex?
I have been diagnosed with PCOS with acne and body hair growth. And have been suggested Ginette-35 for 6-12 months. I need to know if the acne and other symptoms come back after we stop taking oral contraceptives after the suggested time?
Uterine cancer is also known as endometrial cancer and it mostly affects the middle aged women. The uterus of a woman is a muscular organ. The cancer can affect any part of the uterus and is more common in women having obesity, diabetes and hypertension. In most cases, the cancer starts in the endometrium, hence called endometrial cancer. Uterine cancer can be cured using any of the following methods:
- Surgical removal of the uterus along with ovaries, lymph nodes and fallopian tubes
- Radiation therapy
Although uterine cancer is curable, it's always a better option to prevent it. You cannot control all the causes for uterine cancer like those related to heredity. But other than that, here are a few ways in which you can prevent suffering from uterine cancer:
- Control body weight: Keep your body weight in control. Obesity can pose a huge risk of getting affected with uterine cancer. The fat in the body produces estrogen, which promotes the growth of uterine lining that is the Endometrium and may lead to Endometrial cancer.
- Breast feed: If you are lactating, then the risk of the cancer decreases, as breast feeding decreases ovulation as well as estrogen activities.
- Treat abnormal bleeding: If you are suffering from any type of abnormal bleeding, be that heavy periods, bleeding even after you reached menopause or if you start bleeding between two period cycles, consult your doctor immediately. Abnormal bleeding is the symptom of endometrial hyperplasia, which might eventually turn cancerous.
- Exercise: As already said earlier, keep your weight under control to avoid uterine cancer. Exercise to avoid increase in weight leading to obesity. It also reduces the estrogen level in your body.
- Healthy food: Healthy food is the key to avoid any disease, be that a common cold or uterine cancer. Eat a healthy and balanced diet everyday to be fit and bouncing.
- Birth control pills: It is believed that the intake of birth control pills helps to keep uterine cancer at bay.
So eat healthy, exercise and adopt healthy habits. Then nothing can stop you from enjoying life to the fullest.
The reason behind your headache is not always common cold or loud music. Headaches can be triggered by a host of reasons, some of which can truly surprise you.
Check these 9 unexpected reasons that can make you reach for that aspirin.
1. Your weight
A recent study revealed that people with mild obesity, which means a body mass index (BMI) of 30, were 35% more likely to get headaches than those with a lower BMI. In fact, those who have a BMI of 40, and are quite overweight, had their chances increased up to 80%. Why exactly this happens is yet to be determined.
2. Your manager
Excessive work pressure can cause stress; and anything that causes your stress levels to rise can make you prone to tension headaches and migraines. Stress and headaches are interrelated. When you feel stressed out, the nerves in your brain that relay pain become much more sensitive. This, as a consequence causes that nagging headache.
In a survey conducted recently, 46% people said that sex was the prime reason behind their headaches. This kind of headache arises as a result of overexertion, and can even be caused while exercising. During sex, you may feel a dull headache that either increases during foreplay or orgasm due intense physical activity. This type of headache is common in men and is mostly harmless.
4. Cheese and wine
Aged cheese including varieties such as cheddar, Swiss, parmesan or blue cheese contains a substance called tyramine. This substance is a headache trigger for many people. The more aged the cheese, the higher the chances of getting a headache after eating it.
The same holds true for red wine. Tyramine, flavonoids and other substances that are present in red wine (and other alcoholic drinks) may contribute to your headaches. While the relation between the two is not very clear, the changes in the levels of serotonin (which is a chemical in the brain responsible for maintaining mood balance) may give rise to headaches after alcohol consumption.
5. Your daily cuppa coffee
Caffeine in moderation can actually cure your headaches, and is a part of several headache medications. But too much of caffeine can be the reason behind that painful headache. This happens when the medicinal effect of caffeine wears off, triggering a worse headache than before.
Apart from that caffeine withdrawal too can cause headaches. Since caffeine is responsible for narrowing the blood vessels, which surround your brain, when you stop consuming caffeine these blood vessels expand again, which causes pain.
6. Your hair band
How you style your hair can cause a headache. Tying your hair too tightly can strain the tissue in your scalp, which causes you to experience frequent headaches. Whether you braid your hair, make a ponytail, or wear a tight hat, all of them can trigger a headache. Usually, letting your hair down can sort out this problem.
7. Powerful aroma
A powerful smell, even if it’s pleasing, can be the reason behind headaches in many people. Though why this happens is not very clear yet, the reason may be that strong smells can cause disturbances in your nervous system, which as a result can lead to a headache. Smell of perfumes, paints and certain types of flowers are the most common headache triggers in this category.
8. The weather
Weather changes, like a heat wave or a cold snap for example, can increase the chances of headache in some people. Very sunny, hot days with high levels of humidity, rain, strong winds, and changes in the barometric pressure levels are other common causes of headaches. Such weather changes trigger electrical and chemical changes in the brain, which irritate the nerves and result in a headache.
9. Unhealthy posture
A poor posture can put unnecessary pressure on your head and neck muscles, which, as a consequence, can cause headaches. Usually, this kind of headache originates in the base of the skull, and its effect can be felt on the face, especially in the forehead area. Hunching your shoulders and cradling the phone between your ear and shoulders are some of the examples of poor posture that can lead to headaches.
Stay away from these things for a headache-free life.
Melanoma, also referred to as malignant melanoma, is a type of cancer. It evolves from the color or pigment containing cells known as melanocytes. Melanomas normally happen in the skin, yet may once in a while it may happen in the mouth, guts, or eyes as well. In women, it generally happens in the legs, while in men they are most regularly on the back. Sometime a mole may also raise your concern by increasing in size, developing abnormal edges, a change of color or itching and irritability. This may also prompt breakdown of the skin.
Some general facts on melanoma are mentioned below:
1. More than one million new instances of skin cancer or melanoma are analyzed every year.
2. There has been a 2000% increase in rate of melanoma since the year 1930. One out of fifty get affected by this cancer.
3. This is common in young women and causes many deaths.
4. Women below the age of forty are at more risk of getting melanoma than any other kind of cancer such as breast cancer.
5. There has been a high rise in the rate of melanoma from 1970 to 2008. There has been an 800% increase in young women and 400% increase in case of similar aged men.
6. Early recognition makes melanoma treatable. It is screened for growth very minimally.
Melanomia may be caused primarily due to these causes:
- The most primary cause of melanoma is ultraviolet light (UV) in people with a low level of skin pigment. The UV light might be from either the sun or from different sources, for example, tanning devices. Around 25% of cases occur from or in the form of moles.
- Those with numerous moles, presence of the disease in family members and who have poor immunity are at more noteworthy risk to get melanoma. Various uncommon hereditary defects, such as xeroderma pigmentosum increase the risk of melanoma.
- The individuals who work on airplanes seem to have an expanded danger, due to more contact with UV rays.
- Ultraviolet UVB light of wavelengths between 315 - 280 nm from the sun react with the skin cell DNA and result in a kind of direct DNA harm called cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers (CPDs).
In order to stay away or avoid melanoma, you should:
- Spend less time in direct sunlight and should seek shade.
- Avoid the sun at peak hours.
- Examine your skin at times for some kind of change.
- Keep away from tanning salons.
Melanoma is a dangerous form of cancer and causes a lot of deaths. You should stay away from anything that causes melanoma.
Last month I had periods starting from 12 but bleeding stopped in two days. I had sex on 15 and bleeding started again and lasted for 3 days. This month I didn't get periods and feeling pain in my vagina. What could be the matter? Please help. Is there any chance of pregnancy given we used precaution in form of condom.
Hello doc Yesterday me n my bf had done our first time sexual activity but we didn't use any contraception at that time. After 4 hr I take I pill Doc please tell me is that safe n beneficial to avoid pregnancy due to unprotected sex or I should take something else more?
I am 32 years old female, delivered a baby 3 years back c section, post pregnancy weight had stabilised but my menstrual cycle never came back to normal ever since and past 2 /3 months my stomach is bloating and unnecessary weight gain inspite of strict diet and regular walks and exercise please help.
Turmeric or haldi is one of the main spices in an Indian kitchen. Not just India, but in the Middle East and Southeast Asia, turmeric has been a favored spice for thousands of years. Ayurveda has long espoused the benefits of turmeric and that is one of the reasons why many Indian home remedies tend to have this spice in them.
Some of the reasons why turmeric is considered an ultimate spice are mentioned below:
- Has very effective anti-inflammatory powers: For any kind of inflammation related pain, turmeric is known to be very effective. Be it muscle pains or skin related problems, turmeric used with other mixtures have often been applied to the affected areas. Turmeric in the diet also has similar anti-inflammatory effects.
- Prevention of cancer: Turmeric contains the enzyme curcumin, which blocks the growth of cancer cells, especially head and neck cancer varieties. It stops the spread of malignant cells within the mouth when chewed and if used in a controlled manner within one's diet, prevents the growth of malignant cells in the first place.
- It has antioxidant properties: Studies have shown that turmeric in the diet as well as curcumin, the primary enzyme within this spice, are very effective in detoxifying the system. It is especially good in cleansing free radicals that may contribute to various cancers, such as skin, colon or prostate cancer.
- Pain relief in arthritis and osteoarthritis: Connected to the anti-inflammatory properties mentioned above, turmeric is known to be very effective in relieving arthritic pain. It is even known to have worked as a pain reliever in the case of osteoarthritis, when it was used as an extract.
- Prevention of plaque buildup and thus lowering chances of heart disease: Plaque is the sediment that may build up within the arteries and thus results in its clogging. This is the single largest cause of heart attacks. The enzyme within turmeric, curcumin, is an effective agent in cleaning the arteries and thus preventing heart diseases.
- Aids digestions and resolves many digestive problems: In small amounts, turmeric in the raw form is very good for the digestive system as it stimulates the production of bile. Research has shown that people who suffer from IBS or irritable bowel syndrome may also benefit from the use of this spice. Apart from this, even gas or bloating and an upset stomach can be cured by ingesting small amounts of turmeric.