Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Pradeep MehtaYour feedback matters!
I'm 32 years old adult. I had sinus earlier and I was also allergic to allergens and dust particles, but that has been cured almost 5 years back. But, from last week I'm getting cold and sneezing very frequently. I'm having a feeling that Is my Sinus back? What should I do?
I have Tinnitus Ringing in both ears since January 2016 .I consult many doctors but Issue not resolved. I have also done audiometry test. The result Is normal .no hearing loss. But I want Permanent Resolution For tinnitus. Plzzz help me in that. And which Medicine will Give mi 100% Result. Should I go for allopathy or Should I go for Ayurvedic treatment. Or Homeopathy?
Does pharyngitis have any relation with Hiv? I am just worried because I have pharyngitis for long time!
I am 40 years old, last 3 months onwards suffering with nose blocking, suddenly its started and I stopped all diary products taking and after finishing journey came to home problem become more particularly vehicles smoke is effecting me alot and some times my eyes become red and not in a position to breath and taking breath from mouth ,and also effecting this my throat also, which medicine I have to use?
Dear sir my ears have effected during explosive firing I have got treatment from last 2 months but yet I have noise in my left ear suggest me what to do I am vry much worried about it.
I am Abhi I am suffering with sinusitis problem since 1yr because of this problem I'm unable to breathe properly please suggest something or guide me to rid of this.
He is suffering from cough and tonsils infection, he also sneezes when he comes in contact with dust or cold things. He is taking medicines like sneeze and.
Almost 9 years ago in 2007, when I was in my vacation and travelling in train, in mid night I had a feeling that train was rolling, Immediately I sat and I was holding the chain firmly and did not sleep the whole night. Very next day when I met doctor, he examined and said whenever I lie down, my pressure goes less than 100 and when I get up it goes above 120, That is the reason for this happening. Then I had some medication. I was told not to get up from bed immediately, but slowly turn one side, put one leg down on the ground and then both leg on ground. I followed for this for almost a month. Then it slowly vanished. I was later told this might be because of some shoulder bone pressing some nerve which stops blood going to brain for fraction of seconds and I was asked to go physiotherapist. He did some IR therapy and suggested some exercises and slowly I forgot that incident till 2015. In 2015, when I was cycling (prior to joining Goqii), I fainted on middle of road and lasted for few minutes and I was admitted to hospital. The discharge summary simply indicated Syncope. After that once in 2 or 3 months, I have giddiness for fraction of seconds, while getting up from chair or bed or coming out of car (basically when I stand up after long sitting). All X-Ray, ECG, ECHO, CT scan and even MRI shows normal.
Ear discharge may occur due to several reasons. Injury or trauma to the ear canal, a ruptured ear drum or an infection in the middle ear may be the most common causes of ear discharge. Eczema, swimmer’s ear and other skin irritations may also lead to this problem.
It is a common phenomenon in children and adults alike. Most ear infection results in discharge from the ear. This ear discharge is medically known as otorrhea, and it is any fluid that comes out of the ear, mainly in the form of pus.
1. Most of the time, any fluid leaking out of an ear is ear wax.
2. A ruptured eardrum can cause a white, slightly bloody, or yellow discharge from the ear. Dry crusted material on a child's pillow is often a sign of a ruptured eardrum. The eardrum may also bleed. Causes of a ruptured eardrum include:
- Foreign object in the ear canal
- Injury from a blow to the head, foreign object, very loud noises, or sudden pressure changes (such as in airplanes)
- Inserting cotton-tipped swabs or other small objects into the ear
- Middle ear infection
- Other causes of ear discharge include:
3. Eczema and other skin irritations in the ear canal
While there are some simple home remedies to treat this disorder, always consult an ENT specialist if the discharge does not stop after the application of those treatments. Let us look at some common ways to treat this disorder.
- Ear Drops: There are antibiotic ear drops, and there are antiseptic ear drops. Antibiotic ear drop will dry your ear and stop the discharge in your ear. It mainly kills the bacteria that have caused the infection. There are certain side-effects of using antibiotic ear drops, which include dizziness, itching in the ear, earache or yeast infection. However, these side-effects are extremely mild and go away as soon as you stop using the antibiotic drops. The antiseptic ear drops are not as effective as the antibiotic ear drops, and hence, these aren’t used that much to treat any infection.
- Antibiotic Tablets: Antibiotic tablets are also an option to treat ear infections, but again these are not that effective as the antibiotic ear drops have proven to be.
- Surgical procedures: An operation called myringoplasty or tympanoplasty is conducted to repair the hole in your eardrum which has been discharging the pus. This operation has a greater chance to improve your hearing abilities. Doctors resort to this option only when your infection cannot be treated by ear drops.
When to Contact a Medical Professional
Call your health care provider if:
- The discharge is white, yellow, clear, or bloody.
- The discharge has lasted more than 5 days.
- The discharge is the result of an injury.
- There is a loss of hearing.
- There is severe pain.
- The discharge is associated with other symptoms, such as fever or headache.
- There is redness or swelling coming out of the ear canal.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!