I am Dr. Prachi Patil and I am an aesthetic physician with experience of 13 years in medical aesthetics. We also run an academy for facial aesthetics where we teach aspiring doctors who are interested in becoming an aesthetician along with the current practice. We are located in Mumbai in Andheri East. We run a clinic by the name of Dr Prachi clinic pertaining to Skin Hair and Weight management. Today my topic is on non-surgical facelift with dermal fillers.
This is a 20 minutes procedure also known as the lunchtime procedure. What do we do in this? We have to understand that with facial ageing there is a volume loss, there is a loss on the medial part of the cheek, the lateral part of the cheek. Also with ageing, we realise that your triangle of beauty which is- we are broader on the top and narrow at the jawline. So with ageing, we become broader at the jawline and narrow at the upper part of the face.
So to maintain the facial contour you have to start an anti-ageing program from the age of 35. What can we do with dermal fillers? We can do a cheek augmentation, the mid cheek, the lateral cheek. we can get high cheekbones, we can get a well-defined jawline, we can make your chin with these fillers, nose reshaping, brow contouring and also overall facelift which is also called as a liquid facelift in the US. So these procedures are done in our OPD in clinic time which takes not more than 20-30 minutes.
The downtime is less, it's like one or two days so you can continue with your daily activities post procedure and the main important thing is it is safe and cost effective as compared to long-term surgical procedures. To know more about the procedure or to get a personal consultation please contact us through lybrate.com Thank You.read more
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prachi Patil
Treatment of Black Spots on Skin
Skin Whitening Procedures
Treatment of Oily Skin
Glowing Skin Procedures
Management of Dark Skin
Hair Health Treatment Procedures
Treatment of Sunburn
Laser Hair Removal
Treatment of Dull Skin
Treatment of Skin Lumps
Mole Removal Procedure
Treatment of Pigmented Skin
Treatment of Scarred Skin
Skin Care Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prachi PatilYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Very good ...nice to meet Dr Prachi
Very friendly n a fun doctor
Are you planning on undertaking a botox treatment? Botox is a brand and for aesthetic use, it is in the form of purified protein. It is not harmful in recommended dosages. Botox is used for medical purposes, commonly for treating muscular conditions. It is also used for cosmetic procedures, which help in removing wrinkles. This process is carried out by paralyzing the facial muscles temporarily. Botulinum toxin is also sold commercially under certain names.
Medical and Cosmetic Uses-
Botox is most commonly used as a treatment procedure for reducing the appearance of facial lines and wrinkles in middle-aged adults. It is also used for medical purposes, for the treatment of conditions such as eye squints, excessive sweating, leaky bladders and migraines. Botox is used for treating more than 20 medical conditions.
How Does Botox Work?
Botox or botulinum toxin is a very harmful substance, and a single gram of it is capable of killing more than one million people. It is considered to be an effective therapeutic protein when used in ideal dosage, and frequency. It is used in several medical procedures and treatment therapies.
How is Botox Procedure Undertaken?
Botulinum toxin is administered by diluting the power in saline. It is injected directly into your neuro-muscular tissue. A duration of 24 to 72 hours is required for it to take effect. This time reflects the time required for disruption of the normal synaptosomal process of the body. It may take over five days for experiencing the full effects of botox. Botox must not be used in women who are pregnant or lactating, or by people having a previous allergic reaction to it.
Risk and Side-Effects:
Injections which contain botox are usually well tolerated. They have several side effects as well.
In some cases, a person may have a genetic predisposition which causes a mild, transient and unusual response to Botox. Some people who are receiving botox type A injections may develop antibodies to the toxins, which may make the treatment ineffective. In people who are using botox type B for cervical dystonia, antibody development may occur.
Along with the effects intended, botulinum toxin may lead to several other undesirable effects. They may include conditions such as transient numbness, headaches, malaise, mild cases of nausea, mild pain, local edema and erythema on the site of injection.
Drooping or temporary upper lid and brow ptosis are also indicated.
Among the two types of botox treatments, the results from abobotulinum toxin A is considered to be more effective than onabotulinum toxin A treatment. Better results are experienced when the muscles are contracted instead of being at rest.
Ageing gracefully is a matter of taking care of the signs of ageing as they begin their advent over our skin, hair and body. While many people turn to the regular use of cosmetics and creams, there are others who go in for regular visits to the salon for various kinds of facials and other such methods. Yet, there are other long-term and more effective methods of dealing with these signs of ageing that may show up on the skin. With the advent of technology in this matter, we now have cosmetic surgery that can help you in dealing with these signs of ageing.
What is it about
This kind of surgery is usually carried out to correct the sagging skin of the forehead, which may eventually manifest as deep wrinkles. This surgery also takes care of the surrounding area like the eyelids and the eyebrows. It has been seen that many people go in for this kind of surgery when they are getting their nose fixed with a cosmetic procedure.
Procedure of Brow lift
There are two kinds of brow lifts that one can choose from, the classic brow lift and the endoscopic brow lift. While the classic lift involves one long cut that goes from your ear level across your hairline, the endoscopic lift needs a few shorter cuts in the scalp, through which a tiny camera may be inserted for the procedure. This involves better recovery and minimal scarring as well. Before the surgery, you may be asked to limit your use of painkillers, if you happen to take them on a regular basis. The doctor will also ask you make a few lifestyle changes where you need to give up smoking, in case you indulge in the same on a regular basis.
Recovery: After the procedure, you will need to keep plenty of ice on hand so that you may apply the same to bring down the pain and bruising. There will be some amount of redness that you may experience for a few days and weeks as well. The cosmetic surgeon may also prescribe some medicated ointments for application to the incisions. You will also have to keep your head elevated with the use of pillows so that you can recover faster. Also, your doctor will instruct you on how best you can change your bandages at home.
Make up: After a brow lift, you may want to use some amount of makeup to cover up the bruising and redness. Yet, you should stay away from these harsh chemicals and too many layers of makeup in order to, give your skin enough time to recover. A light powder will be sufficient to cover up the bruises and keep your skin comfortable. Use make up only a few weeks after the surgery.
Moles are the most common form of physical identification proof, but are often unwanted. Moles and freckles are common skin irregularities that make a person consider cosmetic surgery. Moles can be described as non-cancerous skin lesions that develop when dark skin cells are bound together in small clusters. Almost everyone has one or more mole on their body. However, freckles are simply skin discolorations that appear on light skinned people. There are a number of ways in which moles and freckles can be removed.
- Dermabrasion: This is a procedure where a small wheel is run over your skin to remove the top layer. Dermabrasion is performed under anaesthesia and is a very effective way of removing freckles and flat moles.
- Laser Surgery: Laser surgery involves the use of concentrated beams of light to remove the topmost layer of skin. As this top layer is removed, freckles and light, flat moles are also destroyed thus leaving you with a clear complexion. In some cases, multiple sessions may be required to completely remove moles and freckles. Laser surgery is not recommended for large moles or moles that protrude out of the skin.
- Shave excision: This is a surgical procedure that involves cutting off the raised section of a mole with a sharp scalpel. It does not require any sutures, but may not remove the entire mole. This surgery is often suggested in cases where a mole had grown to protrude from the skin but the discolouration itself does not bother the person. There is a very low risk of scarring associated with this procedure but the mole may recur.
- Punch Excision: Small protruding moles can also be removed with a punch excision procedure. Here, a doctor will use a small cutting apparatus in the form of a small, cylindrical punch to twist and remove the entire mole. One of two sutures may be required to close the skin in this area.
- Surgical Excision: This procedure is suggested in cases of large moles. In such cases, the surgeon will remove the entire mole and close the skin with sutures. This procedure may leave a scar behind, but in most cases, this scar is not very prominent.
In rare cases, moles can be malignant and hence it is not recommended to try removing a mole at home. For this reason, you should always a consult a surgeon if a mole appears suddenly appears or begins to look suspicious.
Various non-surgical techniques have helped both men and women to enhance their physical appearance and bring certain developments to their body. Similarly, there are many women who choose to undergo a breast correction to make their physical appearance look more appealing and balanced.
Non-surgical procedures are much safer to undergo and maintain a long-lasting effect. If you want to know more about the procedure, then have a read through this article where we are going to discuss important information about non-surgical breast correction.
What is Non-Surgical Breast Correction?
Non-Surgical breast correction is also known as natural breast augmentation and in this process, the treatment is carried out by using the fat cells of the person's own body to improve the size and contour of the breasts. This process is carried out with the help of liposuction for harvesting the fells from different areas of the body like the abdomen, thighs or hips, which areas where significant fats are stored. These fat cells are extracted and transferred to the breasts for natural growth and mass.
However one must always remember that this process requires a doctor of good experience and skill to successfully carry out, along with different instruments. Generally, the correction process is carried out using a dose of local anaesthesia. Breast correction with the help of this non-surgical process is also a better alternative than using implants or any other surgical treatment.
Benefits of Non-Surgical Breast Correction
Now that you know what non-surgical breast correction means, here are the important benefits of choosing it over surgical procedures:
● Much safer option than traditional breast augmentation or operation which requires extensive operations to be conducted.
● There will be no breast implants, which might have a harmful effect if not placed the right way.
● No more of incision scars or marks will be left on the woman's breasts.
● It involves very minimal discomfort, a much faster recovery, and also a minimal time to complete.
● The corrected breasts look much natural and do not have a “fake” appearance to them.
● Liposuction enables you to reduce the amount of fat stored in other areas of your body as well. Therefore improving the overall appearance.
Who is Eligible For Non-Surgical Breast Correction?
Sadly, not everyone can undergo a non-surgical breast correction procedure because there can be certain risks if everyone is allowed to carry it out. Here are the few factors which will determine the candidates who will be able to get their breasts corrected this way:
● Be in good general physique and need to have a healthy metabolism as well.
● The candidate who wish to undergo this process should have no potential family history of breast cancer.
● The candidates will not be able to smoke throughout the recovery period.
So these are the factors which will determine who will be abel to undergo a healthy and safe non surgical breast correction technique with ease.
Acne scars can be frustrating, but there are many treatments that can make them less noticeable. Most scars are permanent, but at Dr. Prachi's NovaCutis Clinic can help you find the right treatment to help reduce the appearance of your scars.
The best way to treat an acne scar is to prevent it in the first place.
Like good health and youth, most of us take our locks for granted, until they're gone. For many people, a hair transplant can help bring back what looks like a full - or at least a fuller - head of hair. A hair transplant is a procedure in which a dermatological surgeon moves hair to a bald area of the head. The surgeon usually moves hair from the back or side of the head to the front or top of the head. Hair transplants typically occur in a medical office under local anesthesia. Receiving a hair transplant can improve your appearance and self-confidence.
Good candidates for a hair transplant are:
- men with male-pattern baldness
- women with thinning hair
- anyone who has lost some hair from a burn or scalp injury
Hair replacement isn't a good option for:
- women with a wide-spread pattern of hair loss throughout the scalp
- people who don't have enough 'donor' hair sites from which to remove hair for transplant
- people who form keloid scars (thick, fibrous scars) after injury or surgery
- people whose hair loss is due to medication like chemotherapy
- Planning and Assessment before the Operation.
- Harvesting Methods: The patient is sedated using mild sedation and local anaesthesia after which the transplantation is performed. Common hair transplant methods to choose from are:
- Follicular unit transplant (FUT)
- Follicular unit extraction (FUE)
- Strip Harvesting
- Robotic hair restoration
Care Post Operation:
After the surgery, your scalp may be very tender. You may need to take pain medications for several days. You will be prescribed an antibiotic or an anti-inflammatory drug to take for several days. Most people are able to return to work 2 to 5 days after the operation. The treated area should be protected from the sun.