Basic concerns in sexual life of people
Hello friends, I am sexologist Prabhu Vyas. Main sexologist hu, sex therapist, sex and marriage counselor hu aur trainer bhi hu. Mujhe yeh sexology field mein bohut interest hai, aur bohut se logo ke problem solve karne mein mujhe bohut khushi hoti hai. Sexology mein anek alag alag branches hai jaise erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, homosexual activity, vaginismus aise anek problem anek male or female ko rehte hai. Erectile dysfunction mein kya rehta hai ki erection properly nahin hota, erection proper nahin honey ke anek karan rehte hai, jis ke andar surroundings bohut important rehta hai, vyatavaran agar kharab raha, mahoul tanavpurn raha yah sir mein tension raha, anxiety rahi, fear raha, bohut sari chinta rahi toh erectile dysfunction ho sakta hai.
Iske ilawa bhi anek karan hai, organic karan bhi hai, psychological karan bhi hai aur dusre karan bhi hai. Magar inn sabhi ka mul mantra ek hi hai ke apna dincharya proper honi chahiye aur ek proper sexologist se information leni chahiye, consultation lena chahiye, treatment lena chahiye, toh jitna bhi complicated problem ho, solve ho sakta hai.
Erectile dysfunction ke andar bohut se logo ko penis ka erection nahin hota hai, kabhi hota hai, kabhi nahin hota hai, aur anek guilt rehta hai unke mann mein ki humne bachpan mein aisi galti ki waisi galti ki, masturbation kiya. So it is the guilt of masturbations, ek impact ho jata hai unke mann mein ki humne hasthmaithun kiya thha iske wajah se yeh problem hua. Kabhi kabhi apne dhrma shastra mein padha rehta hai, adhyatma ke jo guru hai, kyun ki India mein totally alag concept hai, yahan pe taboo hai, bandhan hai, ki yeh Vishay pe kahi bola nahin jata, yeh Vishay pe kahi ek shabd bhi bola toh misunderstanding hoti hai ki yeh aisa hi hoga, aisa log samajhte hai, par aisa nahin hai.
Actual jab karan dhoondne jaye, actual jab samjhne jaye ki kya hai masturbation yah hasth maithun, toh it is not dangerous, yeh kuch harmful nahin hai, ulat yeh toh puran hai sharer ke liye. But jo guilt rehti hai mann ke andar ki iske wajah se aisa problem hua, uske wajah se waisa problem hua, yeh galti kiya thha, yeh sambandh kiya thha, itne blue film dekhe thhey, itna sab kiya thha, iske wajah se mujhe problem hua, yeh sab jo hai psychological impact hai, bohut se logo ko pre-mature ejaculation ho jata hai, jab bhi who stree ke paas jatey hai toh jald hi unka patan ho jata hai, shighra patan ho jata hai, toh unke wajah se unko shighra patan ho jata hai. Iss mein purush jaldi garam hota hai aur jaldi thanda ho jata hai but stree jo hai late garam hoti hai aur late thandi hoti hai, iski wajah se dono ki taal mel baith ti nahin, jaise tanga hota hai, jismein do pahiye rehti hai, dono wheels rehte hai, dono sath mein chalti hai toh gaadi barabar chalti hai, lekin iss mein ek pahiya jaldi chalti hai aur ek pahiya late chalti hai, to hiss wajah se balance nahin ho pata, aur iss wajah se crisis hoti hai, lady ko satisfaction nahin hota aur purush bhi nirash ho jata hai, aur kya karna hai, kiske pas jana hai yeh malum nahin rehta hai.
Har cheez ki speciality rehti hai. Jaise aankh doctor ko ankh ke barey mein zyada malumat rehti hai, cardiologist ko heart ke barey mein zyada malumat rehti hai, kaan ke specialist ko kaan ke barey mein zyada malumat rehti hai, ussi tarah sex problem ke barey mein sexologist ko zyada malumat rehti hai kyun ki who roz wahi kaam karta hai, iske barey mein deep study kiya hua rehta hai. Premature ejaculation mein jaldi virya patan hone ki wajah se barabar sambandh nahin aa pata. Ladies ki apeksha rehti hai ki kuch aur karna chahiye aur purush jo hai jaldi thanda ho jata hai, aur iske wajah se unmein ann bann hotey hai, diwar badhti chali jati hai aur agey bohut sarey problem hoti hai. Anek logo ke divorce ho gaye, anek logo ko baal bacchey nahin huye, anek logo sangsar uddhast ho gaya. To iss tarah se hona nahin chahiye toh shaadi ke pehle har kisiko matrimonial check up, yah sexual disorder ke barey mein sexologist se consult karke successful married life jeena chahiye jiske chalet dono ki Jodi ek acchi Jodi maani jaye aur dono ke beech mein bonding barkarar rahey aur dono ke beech mein prem barkarar rahey, iss laksh mein unko madad ki jjaati hai aur proper education diya jata hai.
Ajkal jo sex related vishay hai uski bohut zarurat hai hala ki hamare Indian culture mein, bharatiya sankskriti mein yeh baat taboo hai yeh baat batane ke koi zarurat nahin kyun ki logo ko jaise automatically yeh baat samajh mein aa jati hai, lekin samajh ke apeksha gair samahgi zyada hota hai ismein, kyun job hi jaankari milti hai sabhi dosto ke taraf se milti hai, friend circle yah magazine se milti hai jo proper scientific nahin rehti, jo doctor nahin rehte, yah sexologist nahin rehte. Toh proper sexologist se hi sex information liya toh unko zyada malumat milti hai, kayi gunah zyada faida hota hai aur properly who zindagi jee sakte hai.
Sexual disorder mein bhi anek prakar hai, koi koi patient homosexual rehte hai, homosexual mein bhi do prakar hai koi purely homosexual rehta hai koi intrasexual rehta hai, koi bisexual rehta hai toh uss mein percentage rehta hai toh who hisaab se bhi unko acchi tarah se kya hai kya nahin hai who sab jaankari di jaati hai. Mai sexologist Prabhu Vyaas main sexologist hu sex specialist hu sex trainer hu aur marriage counselor hu.
Toh aapko kuch bhi problem raha toh apka problem solve karne mein mujhe khushi hogi. Iss vishay mein adhik jaankari ke liye aap mujhe Lybrate mein consult kijiye, main aur apko help karunga
Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Sexologists in India. You will find Sexologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Sexologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prabhu Vyas
Submit a review for Dr. Prabhu VyasYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Thanks to him I am totally satisfied with the results. Whatever tests the Prabhu Vyas prescribed, were very correct and the gave they gave us an exact idea about my condition. MidTown Diagnostics has all the latest technology in place to handle severe cases. Never once that I felt that he is getting impatient, rather he has always responded to my each and every doubt with immense patience. I was suffering from neck pain.
I was shocked to experience the symptoms of premature ejaculation. I am so happy that I chose Dr Vyas for my treatment as now I am perfectly fine. He certainly knows the in and out of his speciality. Both he and staff were very helpful. During the treatment, he supported me a lot. The waiting area in the MidTown Diagnostics is very comfortable for elderly patients. He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating.
I have consulted so many doctors , but no one was able to solve my masturbation addiction. One of my friends reffered me Dr Prabhu, he is really a greta sexologist. Ia m happy that I chose to consult him. I was quite depressed due to my condition, but he guided me to change my attitude. Dr Prabhu's guidance has helped me immensely and has helped gain confidence.
I was experiencing sexual weakness for which I choswe to consult Dr Prabhu who is a well known sexologist in Mumbai. He treated me really well. I owe him a big thank for this. I must say that the Mid town clinic is well designed and it has all the amenities which patient requires.
dr Prabhu vyas gave me consultation in order how to avoid pregnancy.he did miracle with her treatment as she solved my problem with er medication and totally without surgery. I am very thankful to himk and he can be consulted at MidTown Diagnostics in Mumbai.
The small penis size became a nightmare for me. I consulted many doctors but nothing actually helped to resolve this problem. But thanks to Dr Prabhu, he treated me very patiently, and the overall treatmnet he provided was very effective.
I was searching for some guidance about my family planning. So I consulted Dr Prabhu Vyas who is a famous sexologist in Mumbai. He helped me in family planning and I owe him a big thank. I have 2 chilren now for which I thank the doctor
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Prabhu Vyas to be very helpful. Share feedback in your own words...
The idea of female sexuality has been oppressed and suppressed since time immemorial but modern times have brought a much-needed change. Exploring women's libido and why it depletes is one of the important aspects of their sex drive. The following are some of the important things to know about female sexuality:
1. Desire to be desirable - In present times, the effect of media and advertising on women's self and sexual esteem often proves to be detrimental. Such portrayals may often make women view their physical and sexual self as less than desirable. This can lead to depression, social anxiety, and stress. Thus, one may be at an increased chance of taking up harmful habits like smoking and drinking.
2. Low desire is normal - Woman's biological makeup results in high degree of variation in woman's sexual desire during various phases of her life such as pregnancy and lactation as well as during her menstrual cycle. This is in stark contrast to a man's drive which has no cyclical variation. Often this is not understood and woman are labelled as having low sexual desire. Added to this is the desire discrepancy within a couple. The one who has higher levels of libido considers the other as having lowered desire. Understanding these facts can help couples to deal with their disappointments in a better way. Apart from the biological makeup, household responsibilities, under-nutrition, social factors and attitude towards sexuality, coupled with a long-term monogamous relationship, lower the interest of sex in women temporarily.
3. Parenthood and sex - Studies indicate that one-third of couples experience a notable amount of sexual loss once they have children. Around a total of ninety studies concluded that couples who have children had lower marital satisfaction than non-parents. A correlation was found between marital dissatisfaction and the number of children.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sexual satisfaction plays a very important role in a romantic relationship. It has been linked with lower divorce rates, more intimacy, and long lasting relationships. Sexual satisfaction in men and women is negatively affected by various factors such as heart diseases, Thyroid, and depression, among others. So it can be said that overall, physically and mentally, healthy people experience greater amounts of sexual satisfaction.
Sexual satisfaction mainly depends on two things for most couples - the quality of sex and the frequency at which they have it.
Quantity - The quantity of sex is a relative term as it varies from person to person. Sex encapsulates a lot of things such as oral sex, stimulation of the genitals, kissing and caressing. For some genital stimulation may count as sex whereas for others it may not count as a sexual act. It also varies according to the age of the person and the relationship. In usual cases, the sexual frequency between two partners tends to be higher in the early stages while gradually diminishing with time. However, when talking about quantity, the frequency of sex leading to satisfaction varies from couple to couple.
Quality - Quality of sex essentially means the gratification and satisfaction that one experiences during and after sexual intercourse. Quality of sex is linked with feelings of well-being and increased levels of love for the partner. Communication plays a major role in this regard such as deciding on the sexual positions that would lead to more gratification. Making compromises like stepping out from the usual and experimenting according to your partner's wishes may also help in improving the quality of sex.
Though most studies reveal that women are more inclined towards the quality of sex, and men prefer quantity. But in reality, which of the two will give greater satisfaction solely depends on you and your partner's preferences.
Factors Helpful in Treating Erectile Dysfunction
Sexual intercourse may result in a feeling of pain during or post sex. There are a lot of reasons such as allergic reactions or psychological reasons so as to why one may feel pain from sexual intercourse. Symptoms of pain affect both and women equally.
Pain from sex (for women) can be caused due to the following reasons:
1. If the women have reached menopause it makes the vagina dry. This can cause modifications in hormones that restrict the vagina from being wet during sex and causes pain.
2. Infections such as genital herpes (a viral disorder) or gonorrhea (a bacterial disorder in the vaginal skin) can cause pain during sex.
3. If the passage in the vagina is narrow then it can cause pain during sex.
4. Allergic reactions from latex used in condoms can cause irritation in the genital region that may cause pain.
Pain from sex in men can be caused due to:
1. Infections in the penile area such as thrush which results in the irritated skin cause pain during sex.
2. One of the most common cause of pain during sex is a tight foreskin.
3. Inflammation of the prostate may cause difficulties such as pain during sex.
4. Damage to the foreskin covering the penis may cause a sharp and stinging pain during sexual intercourse.
If the symptoms are exaggerated and persist then it is recommended to consult a medical professional. In the case of itchiness and unusual discharges from the genitals, an STI (sexually transmitted infection) test is carried out. Another common treatment is using lubricants during sex to get rid of the dryness that is causing the pain. In the case of allergic reactions, it is recommended to test the products before using them.
Overweight couples can enjoy sex just as much as anyone else but certain positions are not satisfying for them.
Read on to know which sexual positions are the most gratifying for overweight couples.
1. Missionary with a pillow - A nice and easy twist to make this position an enjoyable one for overweight couples, the missionary with a pillow can make penetration easy. Pillows need to be placed below the buttocks of the woman to provide the perfect angle for penetration. The number of pillows to be kept depends on how overweight the woman is.
2. The woman on top - This position works best for stimulating the clitoris. In this position, the man is supposed to lay on his back with his legs in a straight position, while the woman is on top facing him. This allows for better penetration and both partners can either move in sync or one of them can start and the other can follow suit.
3. Entry from behind - In this position, the man positions himself behind the woman and penetrates from behind. This position provides a lot of space for both the partners to move around freely besides providing excellent stimulation of the clitoris.
4. The T-square position - The T-square position is one of the most effective positions for overweight couples. The woman lies on her back in this position with her legs spread apart as wide as possible. The man, on the other hand, lies just under the arch that has been formed by the raised legs of his partner. This position allows for the abdomens of both partners to be out of the way so that deep penetration can take place. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
Libido is a term that is used to describe the sexual desire for sexual activity. According to WHO, sexual health is a state of physical, mental and social well-being, which is why libido is one of the key factors to a sound and healthy life. As men have 40 times as much testosterone as women, they are thought to have a more intense sexual drive. Dopamine plays a strong role in libido and motivation. Physical issues like low testosterone, too much exercise, and alcohol can cause low libido. Psychological issues may include depression and stress in everyday life.
The good news is that libido can be increased through some simple measures, which are:
- Have a positive outlook - Prolonged stress can diminish your interest in sex, and men and women have different reactions to stressful situations. Both partners need to discuss their stressful jobs each day and find a non-stressful time for sex. Besides, being self-confident and optimistic makes you feel more sexual and charming to your partner.
- Following a proper balanced diet - Natural supplements can increase your blood flow and help fight vaginal dryness. You can try the much-touted libido-boosting foods, known as aphrodisiacs. Figs, bananas, avocados, eggs, chocolate, and mangoes can help to increase libido. Foods rich in vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin B complex, and zinc may help to boost sperm count, improve sperm motility and increase testosterone production in men.
- Prepare for intimacy - If you are planning some quality time with your partner and hope to get him/her 'in the mood' you can try chocolate and coffee. Chocolate has been as the symbol of a desire not only for its delectable taste but because of its power to improve sexual desire. Coffee and chocolate both produce positive mood states, releasing endorphins, providing energy and increasing physical endurance. Wine, or any other form of alcoholic drink, consumed in a small amount, may help people to relax and get in the mood. However, caution must be maintained as excessive consumption can result in impotence in men.
- Take time to meditate and relieve stress - Being stressed out can affect your sex drive. To relieve stress you can indulge in sports activities and exercises. Lifting the weight or doing resistance training exercises like pushups help to break down and rebuild muscles, creating a spike in testosterone production. For many couples, working out together can become a stimulating experience that gets them in the mood. Exercises can increase performance, range of motion, endurance, boost confidence and help you look younger and more attractive.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Resuming sex post pregnancy can take some time as the woman has to go through the initial phase of vaginal soreness and perpetual exhaustion before she can think of having sex. Whether a woman gives birth vaginally or through cesarian section, her body will require time to heal itself; and it is advisable to resume the intercourse only six weeks after childbirth.
Here are some of the common sex problems post-pregnancy:
1) An eager partner - Your partner might be ready for sexual intercourse but you are not. Even if it is six weeks after giving birth, when the wound inside has mostly healed and perhaps you're not sore anymore, you still may not want to have sex. This is because the hormones in your body are drastically changing, and the uterus is gradually shrinking and your episiotomy wound is progressively healing. In such situations, one should take it slow. Cuddling, kissing and spooning are some of the ways closeness can be fostered.
2) Delicate and tender breasts - Breasts may become sore, heavy and leaky due to nursing your baby. And it is natural after breastfeeding the whole day, one may wat them to be left alone at night. Wearing a nursing top or a tank top during sex is advised. Nursing your baby right before sex can also help as your breasts won't be as full and achy.
3) Sex won't feel the same - It is natural that after delivering a baby, sex won't feel exactly the same. This is because the vaginal muscles would be temporarily stretched out. And there is a chance of temporary soreness and inflammation within the vagina. Kegel exercises may help to get back on track.
So, in case you're a woman and felt strange about not being up for sex post your pregnancy, there's absolutely nothing to be stressed about. And men, if you are reading this tip, your woman needs you to understand her even more after her becoming a mother; so, treat her with utmost care. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Psychosexual disorders are conditions that occur when there are discrepancies in sexual functioning caused by mental or emotional problems. These have various manifestations in the form of sexual dysfunction, sexual perversion and gender identity crisis.
The primary characteristic feature of psychosexual disorders is that these are not caused by any external physical factors or medical conditions, but are a result of internal conflicts that arise in the mind. These conflicts can be due to intense personal experiences that lead to stress, anxiety, depression, and guilt. Sexual trauma and negative body image issues are also known to cause psychosexual disorders in men and women.
The symptoms of psychosexual disorders have different kinds of indications in men and women. In many cases, it leads to the development of phobias towards sex and sexual activities. In other cases, it may create strong recurrent desires for unusual sexual situations and activities such as voyeurism, fetishism, exhibitionism, sexual sadism, necrophilia or pedophilia.
Each case is unique and different as it is caused by an exclusive set of factors, which affect every individual in a distinctive capacity.
What are the symptoms of the psychosexual disorder in women?
Psychosexual disorders in women are characterized by the following signs:
- Inability to get sexually aroused despite adequate stimulation
- Inability to achieve orgasm
- Reduced sexual drive and the lack of desire for sex
- Inadequate vaginal lubrication
- Unconscious tightening of the vaginal muscles that causes interference in sexual activities
- Experiencing pain during sexual intercourse
What are the symptoms of the psychosexual disorder in men?
Some of the signs of psychosexual disorder in men are as follows:
- Inability to get or hold an erection (erectile dysfunction)
- Premature ejaculation
- Being unable to ejaculate
- Reduced libido and inhibited sexual desire
- Inability to achieve orgasm
- Lack of sexual arousal through stimulation
Whatever is the cause, rest assured that it can be resolved completely with the help of a good therapist. So don't hesitate and continue suffering without getting help. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Smoking in general, has a negative effect on the human body. It can cause a host of disorders such as mouth cancer, blood pressure problems, and lung cancer. Smoking affects the sexual performance of both men and women.
Here are some effects that smoking has on sex :-
1. Impotence: Smoking can damage the blood vessels that lead to erectile dysfunction (a condition where the penis cannot sustain an erection).
2. Decrease in libido: Smoking can cause various physical problems such as stamina reduction and lack of desire for sex. An individual who smokes won't be able to give an optimal sexual performance and this can further lower satisfaction levels.
3. Erectile dysfunction: Smoking can cause problems related to the circulation of the blood in the body. It can narrow the arteries that supply blood and this is directly linked with erectile dysfunction.
4. Tissue damage: Smoking can damage the tissues inside the penis thus impairing your ability to have an erection during sexual intercourse.
5. Early onset of menopause: It can affect the estrogen (a sex hormone) levels in the female body; so, women who smoke tend to reach menopause early.
6. Reduction in penis size: It can reduce the penis size in men by damaging the blood vessels and the structure of the tissue around the penis. This is more common in younger men.
7. Reduction in stamina: Smoking can cause a reduction in the stamina, thus a person will not be able to perform well sexually. It can lead to fatigue and tiredness during sex.
Of course, there are a lot of therapies which can help you recover from the damage already happened because of smoking and prevent further damage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Orgasms are intensely pleasurable feelings of release caused by sexual excitement and stimulation. Difficulty in achieving orgasm can lead to dissatisfaction and problems in relationships. Orgasmic disorder or dysfunction, sometimes known as anorgasmia, inhibits one's ability to orgasm during sexual intercourse or other sexual activities. Both men and women can suffer from anorgasmia though it is more prevalent in women.
The three types of orgasmic disorders:
1. Primary anorgasmia is when you've never had an orgasm
2. Secondary anorgasmia is when you suddenly have difficulty reaching orgasm, even though you've had one earlier.
3. General anorgasmia refers to the condition where you can't orgasm in any situation even with adequate sexual stimulation.
The causes of this disorder can be different for both the sexes. Here are the causes of anorgasmia in men and women:
Causes in women:
Female anorgasmia can be caused due to physical or psychological factors or a combination of both. Psychological factors include anxiety about sex, stress, depression, self-esteem issues, fear of losing control in front of your partner, inadequate stimulation and relationship problems. Medical conditions such as diabetes, chronic pelvic pain and injuries to the spine or hormonal disorders and changes are physical factors that may cause anorgasmia.
Causes in men:
Male anorgasmia also stems from psychological and physical issues. Medical problems such as diabetic neuropathy, genital surgery, pelvic trauma, spinal cord injuries, thyroid disorders and low testosterone levels can be the reasons for anorgasmia. Depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, stress and relationship issues also affect men just like in women and can be the cause of orgasmic disorder in men.
Other common causes:
Those with a history of sexual trauma may particularly suffer from anorgasmia. Cultural and societal beliefs and lack of a safe environment also affect both men and women. Use of antidepressants and other medications have also been seen as a cause of orgasmic disorder in both the sexes. Fear of getting pregnant or getting your partner pregnant may inhibit a sexual response and cause anorgasmia. Substance abuse and alcoholism is a factor affecting both sexes and can lead to orgasmic disorder. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.