Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Prabhas SonyYour feedback matters!
The heart is one part of your body that pumps blood relentlessly; to be grateful to the most important organ, it’s your duty to look after its health. Cardiovascular diseases and heart ailments can be prevented by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Here are a few tips to keep your heart healthy:
- Add fiber to your diet: Making fiber a part of your regular diet is a great idea as the heart works best when it runs on natural fuel. You can achieve this by adding more raw fruits and vegetables in your meals as they are an excellent source of fiber and nutrients.
- Engage in physical activity: Your heart is a muscle and to make it healthier, you need some form of physical exercise. Engaging in cardiovascular forms of exercise for an hour daily keeps your heart in good condition. Engaging in physical activity also reduces the risk of getting a heart disease and acts as a stress buster.
- Cut down on the salt intake: The sodium content in salt disrupts the balance of fluids in your body leading to high blood pressure. This can affect the functioning of the heart; that is to pump blood, which is a major cause of a heart attack. So, cutting down on salt can reduce stress and the risks of heart attacks.
- Manage your weight: People on the overweight side run a risk of getting heart diseases more often than fit and leaner ones as they tend to be more inactive and sluggish. The heart diseases caused due to obesity can be avoided by making minor changes to your diet and exercising on a daily basis.
- Quit smoking: If you are a regular smoker, quitting is the best thing you can do for your heart. The main reason for coronary heart diseases is nicotine present in the cigarette. Once, you quit smoking completely, you will be 50% less likely to run the risks of a heart attack as compared to a regular smoker. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
Sir I am 51 years old male From the past 0ne week my BP is 140 to 150by 90 to 100 Is digital machine vary the readings. What I should do to reduce it to 120 by 90 I'm not having any symptoms like giddy nes or omitting nothing Pl suggest me.
How to control frozen shoulder, m diabetic patient and heart patient, Please l advise the therapy needs to be followed.
It's thought that around 30% of people in England have high blood pressure, and many don't even know it. Though more than half of them are over 60, a large number are younger. Could you be one of them?
When I take a bath after go in sun my body got needle pain. Mostly got needle pain in chest and back its too hard for me to stay in sun I can't stand in sun for long time please give me some suggestion that I ill stop that pain.
This is one of the most dangerous and, unfortunately, one of the most common diseases, which is caused by bleeding in the brain. It can be so devastating that the restoration of the person would take years. And at the same time to recover before the end he could not. Meanwhile, a few premature steps will help you prevent a stroke or at least alleviate the consequences of the incident.
Blood pressure control:
High blood pressure is a guarantee of hypertension. And that, in turn, increases the risk of stroke, as well as contributes to the development of cardiovascular disease. Often hypertension generally does not manifest itself externally (for the time), so constantly monitor blood pressure. Reduce the intake of salt, drink and coffee. Prevention may also include monitoring of weight, regular exercise, and even control over stressful situations - but then you do not need any pills to lower blood pressure.
" revision" heart:
Heart disease can occur in humans at birth and occur throughout life. For example, as a result of hypertension, obesity, diabetes or high cholesterol. There are many effective ways to diagnose and treat heart disease, but it always depends on the underlying cause, that is the same, for example, diabetes. The best way to prevent heart problems, it's not skip regular check-ups by a doctor. Then the disease can be detected at an early stage, before it starts to improve.
High cholesterol promotes occurrence of cardiac and cardiovascular disease, usually the result of a diet high in harmful fats. To reduce cholesterol diet requires a moderate fat intake" nenapryazhnye" exercise and sometimes medication assistance.
That no obesity:
Obesity is also a risk factor for stroke. The fact that people with overweight elevated levels of fats in the blood, they are deposited on the vascular wall and narrows them. Over time, they get clogged and completely, and are sealed to form clots - which eventually reach the blood to the brain. And in the end - stroke.
Diabetes under control:
Diabetes - a direct path to cardiovascular disease and problems with blood vessels in the brain. The cause of diabetes is a disturbance of blood sugar, and it can also be congenital or acquired. But in any case, it requires control of food intake, weight management, and sometimes medication to maintain proper blood sugar levels.
When smoke in humans get tar and other harmful substances, they damage the intima. In such" gaps" immediately rush substances - inflammatory factors, as well as compounds of cholesterol. Due to the unwanted build-up of plaque and blockages in the already narrowed blood vessels develop dangerous disruption of the heart and blood vessels. And after a time there is a stroke or heart attack.
It contributes to the development of stroke due to the fact that mental over-voltage occurs acute ischemic stroke. The result is a brain hemorrhage. Other less common causes of stroke may be, for example, autoimmune diseases and disorders of blood clotting