Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Poonam Solanki
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Poonam SolankiYour feedback matters!
I would like sex very much when im sex with my girlfriend I was tension about pregnancy so suggest me the dates when im doing sex to avoid pregnancy.
I just had some queries on my mind about sex. Actually I have had sex with my boyfriend for over ten times in our 11 months relationship and everytime we had it I had I pill as a contraceptive. I just want to know if its safe to use I pill once a month? and now if not having sex for a year will cause any health issue?
intramural fibroid 3.5cm A couple is trying to conceive. The husband had zero sperm count. Did all sort of medication. Now he is having some sperms but they are weak. The doc said that cud b made strong with injection. Wife has a fibroid. A fibroid in the uterus. The doctor is suggesting a laparoscopy to be done to get the fibroid removed. Else if cud b harmful during pregnancy. Pls give your frank opinion as to what can b done. Is there no other way other than a laparoscopy? The couple are desperate to have a baby. Fibroid is intra mural.
Not having much interest in sex. How can we increase her urge for sex, this is happening since many years and ruins our life.
we have 1 years girl baby and my wife again 4th months pregnant. Ist delivery was scissoring. One of gynaecologist suggested for non breast feeding for my girl child. Is there any problem if my wife breast feed milk to my girl baby and any affect to new born baby regards this. After non breast feeding my girl's weight is reducing. I am totally afraid about it. Please help me and save my both child.
I am 42 years old. I had miscarriage at 3 months on end of 2015. Dr. Said that it is unexplained. I do not have any physical issues. I am healthy and fit. I would like to know whether any possibility for conceiving naturally and any dos - don'ts for increasing the chance of successful pregnancy delivering healthy baby.
Hii doctor. My last period date was 29-8-16. Last month I mean 29-9-16 till now I hv missed my periods. And from some days I am feeling tired and weak. Wht will I do pls suggest!
Hi We are blessed with a boy baby 3 months back and my wife feeding him regularly When could be here approximate date for here periods.
Hlo Dr. I am 21 years old. My question is k maine 4th june ko sex kia tha apne partner k sath aur 15 june ko mujhe periods aa gaye nd uske baad july mein b aur august mein b aaye periods to Dr. mujhe ye confirm krna hai k agr mujhe periods aa rhe hain sex krne k baad b to kya tb b main pregnant hu. Mujhe pet mein kuch bhaari sa lgta hai naabhi k paas hard sa kuch. Kbi kbi mujhe lgta k main pregnant hu kbi kbi lgta k mera veham hai. Dr. mujhe ye btaiye k kya ye pregnancy symptoms hain ya fr mujhe koi aur problm hai ya mera veham hai ye. Nd ye b puchna tha mujhe k kya periods aane k sath b pregnancy ho skti hai? Pls Dr. Hlp me nd advice me gud .pls.
Allergy is a response of the immune system. It only occurs when a harmless substance attacks the body and it tries to attack it by creating antibodies as a triggering response. While there could be a lot of triggering agents, some of the basic ones include dust, food, and dander. Conventional allergies can be easily treated with medicines and environment changes whereas chronic allergies need medical attention. Either way there exists some great natural supplements which when applied can immediately deal with seasonal and occasional allergies:
- Probiotics: Natural probiotic supplements include kombucha, yogurt, sauerkraut etc. They are known to assist the immune system and can alter the course of allergy. The fermentation of probiotic produces good bacteria that assist the immune system.
- Quercetin: It is a bioflavonoid that can be found in beans, onions, red wine, leafy vegetables, apples, etc. They have anti-oxide and anti-inflammatory properties can give allergies a run for their money. Research suggests that quercetin contains certain substances that successfully block allergy creating elements.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D plays get strokes in fighting allergies and setting the immune system right. They can successfully stop the development of allergies in the body. The body fetches the right level of vitamin D with a 10 minutes walk in the sunlight.
- Stinging Nettle: This is a plant that effectively counters allergy by fighting with symptoms such as a headache, anaphylaxis, migraines etc. The anti-inflammatory properties of this herb fight allergy symptoms instantly.
- Butterbur: This again is a herb that contains medicinal properties and can successfully counter allergic symptoms. A study found that butterbur is as effective as a certain allergic medicine such as Zyrtec. Another good thing about this supplement is the fact that they do not put a person to sleep like other allergic drugs.
- Steam inhalation: When hot steam is accompanied with eucalyptus oil, tea tree, rosemary oil, myrtle oil and inhaled for about 20 minutes, instant relief is expected. For patients with chronic allergy, this natural supplement can be tried twice in a day.
- Lemon oil: Lemon oil is one of the versatile agents for treating allergies. It fixes the immune system, drains lymphatic fluid and detoxifies liver toxins. They can also be used as a disinfectant for washing clothes and home.
- Honey: Honey is one of the most tested agents for countering allergy. They can create greater tolerance to pollens and is widely considered as one of the most effective long-term solutions for chronic allergy patients.
- Turmeric: Turmeric contains curcumin that is extremely effective for treating cold and allergy. Being a disinfectant, turmeric can instantly arrest allergic symptoms.
- Astragalus: It is a Chinese herb, which has proved to be mighty effective for treating allergy over the years. Its anti-inflammatory properties can arrest allergic symptoms such as sneezing, asthma and itching.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
In light of the several recent cases of men battering their wives and maltreating women, it’s about time we talked about certain unhealthy character traits
The statistics of people, especially women in Nigeria, who are abused daily or sustain permanent life-altering physical and psychological injuries is startling.
In trying to attain a more healthy and peaceful society, here are 6 characteristics every man should get rid of:
A few of the initial behaviors you may want to check are intense jealousy, fixation and history of abuse. If you have relatives that have been known to be violent in the past in any way, then you may want to address that.
Here are the six other behaviors to look out for:
Threats: If you tell a lady to do something and she doesn’t oblige you request, you shouldn’t then resolve to threats and violent promises. Being calm and reasoning things out is the way forward.
Commanding behavior: No one likes to be ordered around. A woman is not a piece of furniture that can be pushed around. Respect everyone around you and treat them the way you would like to be treated.
Irrational mood swings: If you notice that you go from 0-100 in a second, then you have an issue on your hands. Get the help of a therapist or prayers, whatever helps.
Destructive behavior: There are so many ways you can have an argument without throwing something against the wall or putting your fist through a wall.
Harmful insults: Watch the words that come out of your mouth. There are certain things we say in the heat of the moment that we can’t take back. However, if they occur often, then you should check it.
Violent outbursts during arguments: Lastly, if your voice keeps rising during arguments to a point where the people in the next compound feel like they are in the same room as you or the person you’re arguing with is flinching, then there’s an issue.
Finally, in regard to this issue, if you know anyone in an abusive relationship or you may be in one yourself and you are the abuser, use these signs as a check and get some help.
Irregular periods n taking ayurvedic medicine since last three months. But still didn't get periods. Is there any problem.
I am 29 year old Un married. My period was not regular. For this I have ben taken some homeopathic medicine. I have been use this medicine for the last 2 month I know feel that my heart beat rate getting slow some most of the time. So there is need to worry for my self.
I am 22 years old and I am having scanty periods since 3 years I have low estrogen levels and thin uretus lining 5.1 mm .earlier I took Ayurvedic medicine like ashokarista but no effect .my doctor prescribed me for novelon tablets for 2 months and now for progynova 2 mg for 15 days alone and then 5 days with progesterone tablets .after using 1 month I am having Breast and stomach pain .what I should do? Any safe medicine? Or I should continue these?
My friend has stomach pain since 5-6 month. She also has irritation in her stomach always. And during periods, she has started loosing a lot of blood compared to previous and has become very weak. Kindly advice me what to do ?
Hi sir i am 25 years old not married. My period is 16th of this month still it not came for that everything is paining and little body temperature also so please can you advice what it is.
Am a 24 year female. I have 2 children and now I want not get the pregnancy what is the best and safe way to control the pregnancy.
Ideally, dinner should be the lightest meal of the entire day, so it is important to consider only healthy food items when you are deciding on your dinner plate. Eating a diet where the majority of food is healthy, helps in reducing the risk of various lifestyle disorders such as diabetes and obesity.
If you are unable to decide, worry not. Here are 10 healthy food choices for dinner:
- Whole wheat bread: If you are the type of person who prefers white bread, then it is time to rethink your choice. Refined grains do not have high nutritional content when compared to whole grains. Refined grains also cause blood sugar spikes which may lead to obesity and diabetes.
- Plain chicken soup: A very delicious treat for long nights in the winter season, chicken soup is one of the healthiest dinner choices you can come across. It is simple to prepare and is light on the digestive system. You may add seasoning such as coriander and parsley to add flavor.
- Stir fried vegetables: Stir fried vegetables are healthy as they involve very little oil and time. Stir frying helps the food to retain its nutrients and keeps it calorie free. You may pair it with whole wheat bread or brown rice to add some complex carbohydrates to your diet.
- Chicken pasta: Chicken pasta is another dish that is easy to prepare, it contains a healthy mix of protein and complex carbohydrates. Avoid adding butter or oil to keep it light, you may use herbs to add to the flavor.
- Sweet potatoes: Sweet potatoes are a good source of carbohydrates that provide a steady stream of energy to the body. You may pair them with whole wheat pita bread and some scrambled eggs to make it more filling.
- Brown rice: If you like rice, make sure it is of the brown variety. Brown rice contains complex carbohydrates that do not spike your blood sugar levels. Add some stir fried vegetables and chicken for protein and vitamins. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.