Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Pooja ParmarYour feedback matters!
Is there any problem if he gets blurry vision while trying to focus on red LED lights such as those used in traffic lights?
Sir perhaps, I will unable to make you understand yet, I will try, sir my cheek is like a cap and I want to improve my cheek so that I could look like a good i. E I want to say I want to plump my cheek. You have any idea or suggestion for me so that I plump my cheek very well and I could see like a good person. If you able to understand then pls give me any suggestion. thanks.
Hi, I am 41 years old male, stopped drinks (20 years) and anxiety medications (more than 15 years), stopped chewing tobacco after three years. Current problems - itching all body, hand and legs - throat uneasiness - burning eyes and legs -total discomfort -anxious -swelling feeling in throat - feeling tired , burning legs eyes ulcer itching.
I am 26 .I am married for 2 years. We did unprotected sex for 2 years. I did not take any precautions nor did he. Usually he used to bring out his thing at the time of discharge. I dint get pregnant anytym. Now as I want to conceive, I thot to consult a doctor for dos and do nots. Bt the doc, much to my irritation, only asked weather I take any precaution or not. She told me it is worrisome how you hvnt conceived yet if also your husband does not discharge within you. She has told me to do some test. So I want to ask is it really a danger?
When I am sitting in one and getting up after half an hour. Suddenly in black black becomes in front of my eyes and I can't see anything. What will b the reason.
Sir mere eyes m allergy h y Dr. ne bataya h jisse k krn meri eye m gathan a gai h or usme pus b a gya h jabki m ek bar aisi gathan ko operate krwa chuki hu but or b ho gai h palk m b inside m h or niche side b or m bht s Dr. Ko dikha chuki hu but no relief, so please mujhe treatment btaiye ya fr medicine.
Iam getting sleep very late night my eyes are over heating can you suggest me a tip to cool my eyes and sleep.
I am suffering from myopia since when I am was 10years old. After the consult with eye expert I am wearing glasses, but year after year my lens power goes high, how I can get rid from this. Please help me.
Eyeglasses and contact lenses are both used for vision correction. Both of the options have their advantages and disadvantages but a number of factors like lifestyle, comfort and age etc. are important while deciding which one to choose.
Here is a list of the fundamental differences between using spectacles and using contact lenses:
- Distance from the cornea: Lenses are worn directly on the eye and are in constant physical contact with the cornea while glasses are worn over the eyes. Contact lenses may cause infections in the eye because the user has to touch the eye in order to wear them and to take them off.
- Difference in vision: Since the lenses of spectacles are a little distance away from the eye, vision can be slightly distorted but contact lenses can provide natural and accurate vision. Also, side vision is not improved by glasses as you have to turn your head to see what is beside you. The contacts move around with your eyeballs and the peripheral vision is in focus.
- Ease of use: Some people find eyeglasses difficult to use because of the constant weight on the face and the obstruction caused by the frames of the glasses. There may also be a constant need to adjust the frames. Often eyeglasses slip down the nose when you sweat or engage in rigorous physical activity. Contact lenses are free from all these hassles - they are not distracting or obstructive and so they are extensively used by dancers and athletes. Spectacles is very uncomfortable to wear during the rains or in humid weather because they fog up.
- Infections and complications: Contact lenses can get displaced inside the eye and they can be difficult to reposition. They also cause the eyes to itch and water if you wear them for a very long time at a stretch or if tiny dust particles enter your eyes. The use of eyeglasses is far more flexible in this respect - they can be removed in case your eye itches or burns, but regular use of glasses causes dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Aesthetic differences: People often prefer contact lenses as they do not change the physical appearance - they help you look natural and you can also use colored lenses to change the color of your eyes. Glasses may look slightly unnatural but some people also prefer them for the fashion quotient. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.