Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Pooja AgarwalYour feedback matters!
What are the symptoms of eye problem. The water usually comes out of my eye during study or watching tv. Is aquagel a good eyedrop.
Can eyesight can be improved with the help of ayurveda medicine .if it means can you suggest that medicine ? Sir my name is priya my age is 20 and I have really very poor eyesight so please help me.
Hi. I am kamal rohra I am 29 years old. I have a headick problem. please tell me something. I also wear specs -3 power.
I have red eye's for last three days Doctors pleased tell Me what is the reason behind this? And also tell Me this which type medicine should I take?
I have chicken pox hollow marks on my face and chest. I am putting coconut water from 2 weeks but I am not able to see any change. Wat should I do to remove the marks?
I am 19 years old. Something went inside my eye and I tried a lot it's not coming out. What I have to do?
I have red eyes for the last 10 days. I've used Tobo F and Refresh Tears for 10 days but the redness stays. What should I do? I wear contact lenses.
2 month baad mera railway ka medical hone vala hai aur meri eyes 6/6 nahi hai. Mujhe without glasses 6/6 chahiye mujhe kya karna chahiye, kya kya khana chahiye? Please tell me Sir.
He is not able to see clearly far away objects as his eyesight became blur for far away objects. So please guide what should he do?
A cataract is a clouding of the normally clear lens of your eye. For people who have cataract, seeing through cloudy lenses is a bit like looking through a frosty or fogged-up window. Clouded vision caused by cataract can make it more difficult to read, drive a car (especially at night) or see the expression on a friend's face. Cataract often develops slowly and doesn't disturb your eyesight early on. But with time, cataract will eventually interfere with your vision.
At first, stronger lighting and eyeglasses can help you deal with cataracts. But if impaired vision interferes with your usual activities, you might need cataract surgery. Fortunately, cataract surgery is generally a safe, effective procedure.
Causes of Cataracts: Cataracts happens when protein builds up on the lens of your eye, making it cloudy. This prevents light from passing clearly through the lens, causing some loss of vision. New lens cells form on the outside of the lens, and the older cells are compacted into the center of the lens, forming the cataract.
Types of cataract include:
- Age-related cataract: These cataracts form because of of aging.
- Congenital Cataract: Babies are sometimes born with cataracts as a result of an infection, injury, or poor development before they were born, or they may develop during childhood.
- Secondary Cataract: These develop as a result of other medical conditions, like diabetes, or exposure to toxic substances, certain drugs (such as corticosteroids or diuretics), ultraviolet light, or radiation.
- Traumatic cataract: These form after an injury to the eye.
Other thing that can raise your risk of getting cataract includes cigarette smoke, air pollution and heavy drinking.
Symptoms of Cataracts:
- Clouded, blurred or dim vision
- Increasing difficulty with vision at night
- Sensitivity to light and glare
- Seeing 'halos' around lights
- Frequent changes in eyeglass or contact lens prescription
- Fading or yellowing of colors
- Double vision in a single eye
- Surgery: Surgical removal of a cataract is the first and foremost way of dealing with it. The clouded lens is usually removed and is then replaced with a new, artificial lens that will give you improved vision.
- Visual Aids: These aids include lens and eye glasses that will help you see better after the surgery. Cataract glasses usually come in thick and heavy structure. Also, intraocular lens and contact lens can be used by adults who have undergone the surgery. The constant need to remove, clean and re apply makes it inappropriate for young children. Low vision aids can be used before surgery as well, to ensure that best use of the remaining vision is made with the help of video enlargement software and other adaptive means.
- Medication: The use of eye drops and other medication can also help in improving vision without the actual surgery for cataract removal. This is a short term solution that can be prescribed by the ophthalmologist whom you visit. The doctor will usually study the extent of the damage and prescribe this kind of medication for cases that are mild. But finally, surgery will have to be carried out as the progression of the cataract is guaranteed in all cases.
- Soft Lighting: At home and at work, you can make use of soft lighting so that there is less pressure on the eye lens. Also, soft lighting will help you see better without the glare blocking your vision in case of the presence of a cataract.
- Avoiding Intricate Work: One must avoid hobbies and work that require unblinking attention or many hours as this can put a strain on the eyes and even lead to severe headaches. This includes painting, embroidery and carving related activities.
Dealing with a cataract is a matter of going in for surgery and making certain lifestyle changes to avoid injuries due to impaired vision.
I have red eyes for 3days. Whatshould I do? Please help in detail sir. Not able to do anything home. Help should be easily accessible.
I am a computer admin for 250 PCs. I have a problem with my hair, it's getting white. How can I stop the white hair & what are the steps to stop hair fall.
I have red eyes how to cure it and how to treat it medically can anyone say me cause I am suffering since two months.
I have red eyes over 3 day what should I do and I also have little fever help me as soon as possible.
Intraocular lenses (IOLs) are medicinal gadgets that are embedded inside the eye to supplant the eye's regular lens when it is evacuated during cataract surgery. IOLs additionally are utilized for a sort of vision remedy surgery called refractive lens exchange. There is quite a large range of IOLs to choose from, in the modern-day market. The most newly developed IOLs are premium by category. (Learn more about Wearing and Caring for Your Contact Lenses)
Here is a list of all the new FDA approved IOLs which are extremely effective:
- Aspheric IOLs: Conventional intraocular lenses have a spherical optical configuration, which means the front surface is consistently bended from the focal point of the lens to its fringe. Despite the fact that a spherical IOL is generally simple to make, this configuration does not copy the state of the regular lens inside the eye, which differs in curvature from focus to fringe. At the end of the day, the eye's common lens is aspheric. Mainstream aspheric IOLs that are FDA-endorsed and accessible in the U.S. include: Tecnis Aspheric, AcrySof IQ, SofPort AO, and Softec HD.
- Toric IOLs: Toric IOLs are premium intraocular lenses that correct astigmatism and also partial blindness or farsightedness. Similar to toric delicate contact lenses, toric IOLs can redress astigmatism since they have diverse forces in various meridians of the lens. They additionally have arrangement markings on the fringe part of the lens that empower the specialist to modify the introduction of the IOL inside the eye for ideal astigmatism redress. Before the cataract surgery, the specialist places transitory markings on the patient's cornea that distinguish the area of the most bended meridian of the front of the eye.
- Accommodating IOLs: Accommodating IOLs are premium intraocular lenses that grow the scope of clear vision with both an aspheric configuration and adaptable "haptics", the supporting legs that hold the IOL set up inside the eye. These adaptable legs permit the obliging IOL to push ahead somewhat when you take a gander at close protests, which builds the centering force of the eye enough to give preferred close vision over an ordinary monofocal lens.
- Multifocal IOLs; Multifocal IOL is another classification of presbyopia-revising IOL that can diminish your requirement for pursuing glasses or PC glasses after waterfall surgery.
Like multifocal contact lenses, these premium IOLs contain included amplification in various parts of the lens to grow your scope of vision so you can see things unmistakably at all separations without glasses or contact lenses.
These new intraocular lens techniques are more efficient than ever and provide successful results for your vision.