Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Poncha FaliYour feedback matters!
Mam/sir, am 23 years old (female), and I have three major health problems in my life…I tired by these problems. Please help me. 1)I having migraine headache that is I already told you. please suggest me any remedies for this. Now am taking “VASOGRAIN” tablets when I got migraine headache is this right? 2)I having 2nd problem is theres is so much of itching in my organ. Likewise uncontrollably. It is from many years. I just can not bear this itching . By this my clothes are tore every time and after itching so much of burning there. Just I cant bear mam/sir. Please telma solution. 3)The 3rd one is there is so much of dandruff in my scalp and my hairs were falling. I.e 8-10 hairs will fall by root in every time I keep my hand in hairs. And so many hairs are becoming white so please telma the proper solutions please. One more am worried about my young brother he is 13 years old, and he having pits from 2.5 years we treated him by a specialized doctor and they gave some tablets we are giving him it regularly but yet he didn’t get cured. And that pits bothering him every time. I can not see him when he encountered by that. I just can not bear his pains. Before he ddint split when pits occurred but nowadays he is spitting and after that moments the whole day he has to suffer with head ache that like very heavy feel and his head is feels very heavy to him in that time. By this he is unable to focus on studies. Please help me. Please in regarding this case.
I have essential tremor due to which I sometimes find problem in writing in my office specially while signing or writing nos. What to do? please advice me on this.
My whole body paining alot. Also I have fever since last two night. I have migraine problem. What should I have to do?
Lot of pain in half head covering one eye, migraine issue no relief even after 1 saridon and 2 vasograin, MRI is fine.
I am 21 year old male and I'm suffering from insomnia. I go out , play soccer ,my body gets tired but still I can't sleep at night. Any help would be appreciated.
A migraine is a headache that causes a distinct pulsating pain, usually in one side of the head. It is different from normal headaches in the sense that the pain is much more intense and it may be accompanied by nausea or vomiting as well. Some patients have also complained about light sensitivity while others have also complained about pain in all areas of the head.
Some of the factors that separate a migraine from a normal headache are as follows:
While a headache may last at best a day, migraines may last longer, sometimes even up to 3 days.
- Feelings of nausea or actual vomiting
- Sensitivity to light
- Extreme sensitivity to changes in sound
Causes Behind Migraines
Some of the common and known causes, which may trigger migraines in people are:
- Hormonal changes in the body that may have adverse effects
- Dehydration is also known to trigger migraines
- Patients with hypoglycemia may also face migraines if the blood sugar level drops within their body
- Change in air pressure due to change in altitude may also cause migraines to appear
- Lack of sleep
- Lifestyle issues such as smoking and excessive alcohol consumption.
Remedies for Migraine in Homeopathy
Migraine is treated in homeopathy by attacking the root causes that may trigger them. Rather than temporarily alleviating pain, homeopathic treatments aim at curing the problem completely.
Some of the medicines that are known to be effective are:
- Natrum Mur: This provides great relief from migraines, which may have been caused by stress. Also, if a proper dosage is taken, it can help cure it as well.
- Belladonna: This had been known to be a great provider of relief for people who regularly face throbbing headaches.
- Glonoine: For people who frequently have migraines due to congestion of the sinuses, this medicine has been known to be very effective.
- Spigelia: To treat migraines in the left side of the head.
- Sanguinaria: Is highly effective for situations where the migraine is on the right side of the head. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
I am an 80 years old female suffering from numbness in different parts of my body especially in both my soles and I get a sticky feeling under my feet when I walk bare feet. Why? please advise.
Epilepsy is a form of chronic disorder and it is characterized by recurrent seizures. The episodes of epileptic seizures may differ from person to person. These seizures could be a result of genetic disorder or a result of trauma or stroke. During a seizure, a patient may also experience symptoms of neurological disorders and sometimes lose consciousness.
Medical help for epilepsy
Epilepsy itself cannot be cured using medication, but proper medicines help in eliminating recurrent seizures. These medicines stabilize the electrical activity within the brain preventing seizures.
How effective is the medication for epilepsy?
The success of controlling seizures using medicines depends on the type and severity of the epilepsy. Medicines for epilepsy are usually very effective and may fully keep seizures under control. However, controlling seizures caused due to brain problems may be more difficult. Usually, epilepsy medicines can control seizures for a long period of time when they are taken regularly.
When is medical help needed?
The decision about when to start medicines for epilepsy is a tricky one. This is because a first seizure cannot confirm whether a person has an on-going epilepsy problem. A second seizure may occur after many years or may not happen at all. Prediction of seizures is also quite difficult.
The severity of seizures also indicates when to start medicines for treatment. In case a first seizure is quite severe, medication should be started at once. Some people have very mild seizures even though they may be recurring in nature, and medication can be avoided in this situation.
All the pros and cons must be thought over before starting medications for the treatment of epilepsy. It is advisable to wait for a second seizure and then start medications for treatment. In most cases, medication is started after a second seizure occurs, twelve months within the first seizure. You should always consult a doctor to know when you need to start taking medicines to treat the condition.
For making the most out of the medicines to control seizures, you should follow certain steps:
- You must take medications exactly as your doctor has prescribed.
- Before switching to generic versions of your medicines or before taking other prescribed medicines, you must consult your doctor.
- You should never stop taking the medicines.
- In case you experience enhanced depression, mood swings and suicidal thoughts, you should talk to your doctor immediately.
- In case you have migraine, you should let your doctor know so that he can prescribe you anti-epileptic medicines, which also prevent migraines.
Medicines cannot treat the underlying cause of epilepsy, but these help in controlling seizures and this is the most common symptom of epilepsy. Medication should be started at a proper time and must be continued without stopping.