Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pokhun ChangYour feedback matters!
Hello, I lost my tooth in an accident. Doctor advice me to go for a tooth cap. What's the life time of a tooth cap. Any other possibilities? Doctor said I dont need a root canal as I went for consultation immediately.
I brush twice times daily but still there is plaque on my teeth. How to clean ig properly so that it looks purely white?
Doctor there is a spongy lump at the end of the teeth on right side of lower jaw it comes and goes after a few days. Advice please.
Regular geting ulcer in my month. Try lot of medicine and Dr. After 1 month again happen. I am worry is it cancer. Please help me in this with proper medicine.
Mostly I have bad smell to mouth I do brush daily twice a day till nothing better what should I do please suggest me?
Sir/madam, I am suffering from mouth ulcer from the past 4 days. Can you prescribe me some medicines? And please explain me what are the causes?
My sister is 18 years old. There has become several holes inside her mouth and lips and upper side of lips. There are white cover on the holes. She can't move her mouth, can't eat, can't talt properly, it is painful. Please doctors consult her some medicine.
I am 24 yrs old and I have a problem of having foul smell coming out of my mouth when I used to talk to someone. I used to brush my teeth properly but the smell remains the same. My father is also facing the same. Please help me.
Brushing your teeth is one major way to prevent cavities and keep those pearly whites looking beautiful. But if you’re making one of these common toothbrushing mistakes, your teeth might not be getting all the care they need.
1. Flossing after brushing: Everyone should floss at least once per day. But if you’re flossing before you brush, you’re leaving stuff behind that could cause cavities. Even though flossing removes food and plaque that’s stuck between the teeth, it still might be hanging around in your mouth. Following two minutes of brushing with a good floss is the solution for a truly clean smile.
2. Brushing in straight lines: Brushing in straight lines is great for some parts of your teeth, but not all. For the outer surfaces of your teeth, you should be brushing in circles in order to get the best scrub possible. For the inner surfaces of your teeth, brush in up and down motions. Finally, for the tops of your big back teeth, straight lines are the way to go.
3. Not brushing long enough: You should brush at least two times per day, but after every meal is best. And each time you brush, you should do it for two to three minutes.
4. Using an old brush: Toothbrushes need to be replaced about every 3 months. If the bristles of a toothbrush are bent, then it’s past time for a new brush. Why does it matter? Bent bristles just can’t clean the teeth as well as straight bristles. It’s as simple as that.
5. Using the wrong toothpaste: First things first, make sure you’re using a fluoride toothpaste. It strengthens the teeth and prevents cavities. Second, if you’re buying toothpaste for kids, get something fruity-flavored. Kids usually don’t like minty flavors, and might put up a fight if you ask them to brush with a toothpaste they think tastes yucky. Finally, if you have sensitive teeth, get a toothpaste with potassium nitrate. It’s proven to help with tooth sensitivity, and can make it easier to eat hot or cold foods.
If you’re guilty of one or more of these toothbrushing mistakes, you’re not alone. The good news is that now you know how to brush like a pro, and that’s going to go a long way in helping you have a healthier, happier smil
Many adults suffer from Periodontal disease, which may result in slight swelling of the gums or something more severe as grave damage to the bone and tissue, which holds on to the teeth. After the onset of Periodontal disease, dental care is essential as it will determine the progress of the condition.
What are some of the causes of Periodontal disease?
1. Smoking is one of the main causes of gum diseases. Moreover, it also reduces chances of effective treatment.
2. Hormonal changes in women make the gums increasingly sensitive; as a result they become more susceptible to the onset of gingivitis.
3. Diabetic patients are more likely to develop infection of the gums.
4. The ongoing treatment for serious medical conditions like AIDs and cancer can also cause Periodontal Disease.
5. Genetics also plays an essential role in the onset of gums diseases.
What are the symptoms of Periodontal disease?
1. Persistent foul breath
2. Red inflamed gums
3. Tender gums with some amount of bleeding
4. A sensation of pain while chewing food
5. Loose teeth
6. Teeth sensitivity
In case these symptoms are experienced, a dentist should be immediately consulted.
How is Periodontal disease treated?
1. The most effective way of treating Periodontal disease, is by controlling the progression of the condition. The type of treatment generally depends on the extent of the disease.
2. Generally the doctor begins treatment by cleaning out the plaque, through a process called scaling and root planing. Scaling gets rid of the tartar from the gums and root planing removes rough spots from the root of the tooth, where bacteria generally accumulate and breed. Sometimes, a laser is also used for the same.
3. After the cleaning is done, certain medicines are recommended and the doctor recommends strict oral care.
4. If the diseases continue to worsen, a surgical treatment may be recommended.
5. Some surgical treatments include flap surgery and bone and tissue grafts.
I have a white small line on right lower end of gum that pains and stretches. Its been a month and its not healing.
I have braces and my teeth is getting yellow day by day. Its going to complete one year this year and I have to wear those braces for next six months more. I m scared that by the time I get away with them, my teeth color will get permanently yellow. Please suggest some advice as to how to prevent the yellowness.
Hello sir my self gayatri I am 28 year old woman I have black teeth and cavity problems last five months what should I do please tell me.
Fruits and vegetables which require continuous biting like apples, carrots and corn should be avoided as it can become quite difficult while the braces are on.