Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Piyush SomaniYour feedback matters!
I'm getting defecation with blood. Faeces is hard at the distal end causing pain in anus. But it is soft at proximal end. Please suggest me some care.
I experience indigestion immediately after my meal. This is happening since 6 months. Please suggest.
Hello Doctor, I am 26 year old female ,suffering due to acidity (aamlpitta) from last one year. Symptoms are vomiting, heartburn,headache, Back flow of acid from stomach ,gas, depression,angriness . When I enter sunlight the problem will become complex. Please help me .Thanks in advance.
I am 28 yr old male and have ulcerative colitis for last 3 years. What should I do for complete cure?
I am 37 year old male. I have last one month neck pain. My cholesterol level is 240. Body getting to much pain. Gas trouble also in my body. How can I reduce this pains.
I am 26 years old I have flame in always in urinary system and back pain loss of appetite abdominal pain what should I do doctor?
I am 23 year old and I have chronic constipation from last one year and now I am suffering from gastric problem like blenching ,wind so give me some advice.
I've had appendicitis but I was late for surgery I don't wanted to remove my appendix, what can I do for it.
I am 37 yrs old male. I am feeling severe burning sensation and pulling kind of pain in stomach. Also lot of bloating is there. I having this compliant for the past two days. Have taken some medicines subscribed by our nearby Doc. But didn't get relief.
Sir my brother has gastric problem and his heart beats very fast please suggest best Ayurveda treatment for him he is a very panic Parson.
Gastric /Digestion problem. Losing glow on face. Facing problem since last 4-5 years. Taking every test including city scan for all organs separately, ultrasound, endoscopy . Every thing is ok in these reports.
I have some problem related to digestive system. As soon as having dinner I feel like going to pee. Please advice why I am having this?
Yesterday I went to a party and after dat I mess in n8 wd food poisoning. As if I am going to vomit. And today still the same issue I have. I have little loose motion also. My whole body had become weak. Pz help.
Gallstones are actually hard deposits or lumps that are formed in the gallbladder. The gallbladder is a pear-shaped, a sac-like structure that is located in the upper-right part of the abdomen that stores bile. Many people have gallstones present in their bladder but they never know it. This can be an alarming situation for people who have it.
What Causes Gallstones?
There may be several reasons, including:
- Your genes
- Your weight
- Problems with your gallbladder
- Bile can be part of the problem. Your body needs bile, but if it has too much cholesterol in it, that makes gallstones more likely.
- It can also happen if your gallbladder can’t empty properly.
Who Is at Risk for Gallstones?
While your body produces cholesterol naturally, you can also take in excess cholesterol through your diet. Many risk factors for gallstones are related to diet. These include:
- Being overweight or obese
- Eating a diet that’s high in fat or cholesterol
- Rapid weight loss within a short period of time
- Eating diet that’s low in fiber
- Having diabetes mellitus
What are the treatments available for this?
- Surgery: One of the famous treatments include surgeries. The famous surgery is Cholecystectomy (Removal of the gallbladder) that further includes Laparoscopic surgery and Open cholecystectomy.
- Medications: The patients who cannot undergo surgeries can also use drugs like ursodiol and chenodiol. But this can take months or years to remove stones from the bladder.
You can reduce your risk of gallstones if you:
- Don't skip meals. Try to stick to your usual meal times each day. Skipping meals or fasting can increase the risk of gallstones.
- Lose weight slowly. If you need to lose weight, go slow. Rapid weight loss can increase the risk of gallstones. Aim to lose 1 or 2 pounds (about 0.5 to 1 kilogram) a week.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Obesity and being overweight increase the risk of gallstones. Work to achieve a healthy weight by reducing the number of calories you eat and increasing the amount of physical activity you get. Once you achieve a healthy weight, work to maintain that weight by continuing your healthy diet and continuing to exercise. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.