Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Pisut VarmaYour feedback matters!
Sir my brother is suffering from back portion of neck (at spinal chord and head joint) pain continuously what should he do. As he uses many painkiller to overcome this pain.
I am 36 years old and gets a cute muscle pain when I start a new exercise and my stamina is very low. What should I do?
I am 23 and since a week. My right hand wrist pains. The areas affected are the wrist and the portion connecting my thumb to the wristHave been having this trouble since a week and it pains almost continuously. I use a laptop for almost 8-10 hours in a day. Maybe it could have happened because of that?
Hello doctor. I am 30 years old and suffering from back pain after my cesarian operation. I have been taking calcium tablets and pain killers. How can I get rid of this problem? I am suffering from this problem from past two years.
My Wife is 22 Years old. On 1st January 2016, She birth a cute Baby Boy through Sizerian. But from first Day, She face lot of back pain. At the time of Delivery her weight was 77 kg. And now it is 64 kg. Plz, consult me about her back pain problem.
My age is 32 and sometimes I feel stiffness in my right foot thumb. Should I visit to any doctor or there is nothing to worry.
Hi I am a male 38 feeling pain in shoulder & neck, having pain on the back side of foot, from last 1 week. No uric acid, no bp only low vitamin d 7. 5
My mom is just 39years old nd she is having joint pains. What shall I do? What vitamins or medicine she should intake. Need suggestions.
Joint Replacement Surgery is a procedure where the damaged surface of the advanced arthritic joints are removed and replaced with artificial joints, such as metallic, plastic and ceramic joints.
These surfaces closely replicate the original anatomy.
When do you need a knee replacement?
When you suffer from severe pain or deformity in the joint (knee in this case), the pain or stiffness and deformity makes it difficult to perform simple tasks. Severe grade IV osteoarthritic knees of people over 50 years when have pain, swelling and deformity fail to respond to medicines, physiotherapy, injections and rest.
Aim of the surgery
- Correct the deformity: Relieve the pain and give near full movements almost immediately after the procedure. Details including techniques and safety, it is a safe, rewarding surgery with a success rate of as high as 99.5% when done by an able and experienced professional.
- Anaesthesia: Usually it is the spinal cord epidural where one is rendered numb for 3 to 4 hours waist down. Sometimes a general anaesthesia is given. A 4 to 5 inches cut is made in front of the knee and all the damaged cartilages, bones, loose bodies are removed from the lower end of the thigh, upper end of the tibia (usually of few millimetres) and the surface re-crafted to match the size and shape of the artificial joint (it is usually imported). They are fixed with bone cement. The ligaments and muscles are reattached and the parts closed.
- Recovery: Stand up and walk a few steps with a walker the day after the procedure i.e. in 24 hours. Physiotherapy in hospital for 5 to 7 days and/or walking, progressively longer walks and exercises over the following 15 days. Stitches are removed in 15 days. The patient can return back to normal activity in 4 to 8 weeks the surgery.
- Activities: Normal walks of 3 to 5 km per day Climbing stairs, cycling, swimming, and driving can be performed with the new implant(s) now.
- Avoid: Squatting/kneeling Prohibited: contact sports like football, cricket, tennis; jumping; adventure sports Longevity of joints: 15-35 years depending on the materials used.