Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pinky MohenteYour feedback matters!
I am 26years old. I am loosing my hair daily. I have dandruff in my hair, and my hair is so thin, I want long n growth in my hair. L am very verified for this matter. please give me advice how to stop all this?
Hello, I am 29 years old guy. I have skin disease. I had severe dandruff when I was 15. The dandruff particles fell on my face and my face became dark below eyes. My forehead and eye circle is normal but below lower eyes to throat my skin became dark. Apart from that I have lot of small fuzzy acne on my nose and cheeks. If I press that I always get white colour solid substance coming out from that. If I didnt press that it became dark spot And also I have shave allergy. Everytime I face burning sensation and lot of heat boils next day of shaving. I met both allopathy and ayurveda doctors but no luck. Could anyone please suggest what to do next? thanks.
HPV refers to Human Papillomavirus. This is a common virus, which has got more than 100 different types and over 40 of these types are transmitted sexually. This virus may cause cervical cancer and cases of genital warts. It is likely to occur in people who are sexually active to contract genital HPV, and it is not accompanied by any signs or symptoms. The virus is transmitted via skin to skin contact and is severely infectious in nature. Using condoms may reduce the risk of spreading of this virus, but is not always successful.
There are two major vaccines for HPV.
- Gardasil: This vaccine prevents the most common HPVs which are associated with genital and anal cancer, and also warts of both genital and anal type.
- Cervarix: This type of vaccine prevents HPV associated with the occurrence of cervical cancer.
Reasons for vaccination against HPV
HPV vaccines are recommended to girls between 11 and 12 years. It is also given to girls and women between the age of 13 and 26 years, who have never been vaccinated against HPC before. These vaccines should be given to females before they start being active sexually and get exposed to the HPV virus. Sexually active females benefit from these vaccines as well, but the effect is less.
Here are three reasons why you should vaccinate against HPV:
- All types of HPV vaccine help in the elimination of the viruses which cause cervical cancer. Viruses causing cancer in the vulva, vagina or anus are also targeted by these HPV vaccines. The HPV vaccines also protect against genital or anal warts. HPV vaccines work effectively in the prevention of cancers caused by HPC viruses and also curb the common health problems which are accompanied.
- The effect of HPV vaccines is quite long lasting in an individual who is vaccinated against HPV. Usually it lasts for ten years or more without having any related disorders or cancers. The protection does not weaken over time and remains stable.
- HPV vaccines are licensed by the FDA to be completely safe and efficient to use. Extensive studies have been carried out globally, and no safety concerns have ever arisen. The side effects of HPV vaccines are usually quite mild. However, a little amount of pain, dizziness and nausea are involved.
HPV vaccines are a series of effective vaccines, which prevent the occurrence of cervical cancer and other cancers which are sexually transmitted. They are generally given to women before getting sexually active to prevent transmission of HPV viruses. Some HPV vaccines are prescribed to males as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am suffering from pimple since 5 year. In my face there are so many dark spot and my skin is totally done. Most of the pimple is on my head. please tell me any cream medicine to getting rid of from pimples.
I am 18 and I have problem with my hair. When I was 15 I didn't concerned about my hair but now it's falling without limit. The minimum hair loss at a day was about 80 but my hair losses more than that what I wanted to do for controlling hair loss.
I have a pimple on my face. What are the causes of that pimple? How can I avoid this? And how I remove pimple mark?
Don't squeeze or pinch the pimples. This will cause scars which are difficult to heal.
- Avoid oily, spicy or processed foods and carbonated beverages.
- When you apply any cream, sunscreen and the like, clean your face at the earliest, so that there will be no adverse action of the chemicals on the delicate skin of the face.