Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dr. Pichal JunbeputraYour feedback matters!
I am 40 yrs old female with 5" 5 height weight 75kg. I have a pear shape body my tummy, thighs, hips have very much fat give me some diet to reduce fat from these areas.
Hello I am 23 years old female. I look healthy but inside I am so weak. After whole day work my legs soo paining. If I do lots of work and do not rest then I feel restless. Some time my knee pain a lot. If I do not eat in the morning at 11'o clock then my stomach pain a lot. I have also a gas problem. I feel so tired in the night and sleeping time is not proper please advise me what to do.
Hello Doctor, Please let me know how to put on weight at least 1 kg per month I am underweight, 5.6" height and weighs 52 kg's, age 30. Liker to know Diet information. Thank-you.
Good morning sir. How can I increase my attention to food. And my sleeping time is very high. I am feeling very week. Thank you.
Fibers are the carbohydrates and are the indigestible part of the food.They are actually not digestible, but help a lot in digestion.They are derived from plants and offer a lot of health benefits. They make our body light and fit and is commonly known as roughage.
What are the advantages of having fiber in your diet?
Other health benefits of fiber includes reducing the incidence of heart disease, lowering cholesterol, blood pressure, glucose levels and inflammation and even weight loss. Fiber can help with weight loss because it creates a fullness within your intestine, which aids you in eating less.
Fiber is of two types:
Insoluble fiber: It does not dissolves in water. It is the bulky fiber that helps in preventing constipation and is found in whole grains, wheat cereals and vegetables such as carrots, celery and tomatoes.
Soluble fiber: They dissolves in water and help in controlling the blood sugar level and reduce cholesterol. Good sources include barley, oatmeal, beans, nuts, and fruits, such as apples, berries, citrus fruits, and pears.
What are the health benefits?
- Digestive health: Let’s get this one out of the way first. Dietary fiber normalizes bowel movements by bulking up stools and making them easier to pass.
- Heart disease: Fiber, particularly soluble fiber, is an important element of any heart-healthy diet. Eating a diet high in fiber can improve cholesterol levels by lowering LDL (bad) cholesterol.
- Diabetes: A diet high in fiber particularly insoluble fiber from cereals can lower your risk for type 2 diabetes. If you already have diabetes, eating soluble fiber can slow the absorption of sugar and improve your blood sugar levels.
- Cancer: There is some research that suggests eating a high-fiber diet can help prevent colorectal cancer, although the evidence is not yet conclusive.
- Skin health: When yeast and fungus are excreted through the skin, they can trigger outbreaks of acne. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.