Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Philips Jhone
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Philips JhoneYour feedback matters!
1.My son is suffering from headache every two-three days. What should i do? 2.My son is 11 years old his weight is 41 kg i want to decrease his weight what should i do? what should i give to him to eat? 3.I have acidity problem what i do? what should i eat daily?
My son has downs syndrome and DOB is 12. Oct 2013. He started to walk Dec 2012. He still does not speak. But alone he mummers words mmaa only. I have consulted many doctors they say by time he will do. Please give me path to follow next.
Children are much more susceptible to tooth decay and gum disorders than grown-ups. This is because the gum and teeth in toddlers are very delicate. Moreover, children are more attracted to sweets and other food items, which cause damage to the teeth.
Here are several ways to protect the teeth of your little one:
- Have a dental checkup: You should take your child to a dentist on his first birthday. Early prevention is important as any kind of problem in the teeth will be detected and this will save you from a lot of trouble in the future.
- Teaching healthy habits: Brushing is very important and you should teach your child to brush regularly, more than once a day. Before the development of teeth in your baby, you should brush his gums gently by using water on a soft baby toothbrush or with a clean and soft cloth. After developing teeth, brushing must be practiced with delicate toothbrushes and fluoridated toothpaste. If several teeth touch against each other, you should use flossing. Brushing is essential before going to bed, and no food should be taken after brushing.
- Prevent "baby bottle decay": You should not let your child go to sleep with a bottle of juice or milk. The sugar contained in these liquids sticks to the child's teeth, which activates bacteria and may lead to tooth decay.
- Avoid giving juice to your child: Juice may be healthy for the body, but it leads to tooth decay in little kids. The amount of regular juice intake should never be above four ounces.
- Avoid excess use of a sippy cup: Sippy cups enable children to shift from bottles to a glass. However, all day long usage of sippy cups should be restricted as it may cause decay on the front and back portions of teeth, when the drinks are rich in sugar.
- Be careful about sweet medicines: Many medicines meant for children are sugary and stick to the teeth, increasing the chance of cavities. Several antibiotics cause overgrowth of Candida or yeast and cause an oral disease known as oral thrush. This disease causes creamy patches on the tongue. In case your child needs sweet medicines, brushing should be increased.
- Stop using a pacifier by the age of 2 or 3: Pacifiers are good for children, but using pacifiers for a long period of time affects the lining of teeth. The shape of the mouth may also change. Hence, do not let your child use pacifiers after 2 or 3 years of age.
Children are quite prone to teeth disorders and decay in the teeth. Hence, measures must be taken to protect the teeth of children from any kind of disorder.
Hi dr, My daughter is having 2 years old. I would like to know whether I can give cord liver oil to my child which is available in medical shops and can you suggests food items which help her to stay as healthy? Thank you.
I have a 4 yr old girl. She use to cry always. We I go to convince her she will start crying like any thing. If I try to divert her she will not get diverted until I rise my voice . Some times it even ended in slapping her which I feel very bad on myself and I feel depressed on this act. If I try to convince her with chocolate and other things for even hours also she does not get convinced. And in midnight also she use to cry atleast for half an hour daily. She has very restless sleep in night. How can I help her
My son is 8 years old. He is having high fever since Friday night. Given him antibiotics and Crocin. Fever is still not going down. What should I do?
My baby is 6 months old. He is doing potty frequently. He use to go 2 times per day. But now he is doing 4 to 5 times per day. And I asked few people and they said it is normal when new teeth are coming out. please help me what I have to do to my son.
My 4 years son have a problem with his elbow Bone. It doesn't look normal. I have already consult more then 5 doctors but they said it is unnatural but we can't do nothing up to his 15th B-Day. We scared about that what can we do for the same please help us.
Hi my baby has a blood infection caled streptococcus agalactia from the 3day of she was born, since then she is in nicu. Could anyone suggest if the treatment is for 14 days, we have done crp test which was 130 earlier and now it is 70 with lp test which is normal now (was these test required). Does she need to be still kept in nicu till 14th day.
I am asking about 3 years old children's diet plan ? Morning ,afternoon, evening ,night food contains? Please advise.
My baby boy DOB 10/5/16 (8th month running) his weight is 7 kg is he healthy Or weak? please suggestion me. Weight badane k lye kya kr skte he?
Chances are your children or grand children are back in school after the summer break. So I thought it was a good time to highlight the fact that the right vitamins for children can improve their mental performanceIn fact, hundreds of studies underscore the importance of nutrition in cognitive development.
Stephen Schoenthaler, Ph.D., a professor at California State University at Stanislaus, has been researching this topic for years. In one study, Dr. Schoenthaler and his colleagues tested the IQs of 245 schoolchildren between the ages of 6 and 12 in Phoenix, Ariz. They then enlisted teachers to distribute either a vitamin and mineral supplement or a placebo to these children on a daily basis.
At the study's conclusion, IQ tests were again administered, and the students who had been taking the supplements and vitamins for children had an average 2.5 point gain in IQ. The truly impressive finding of this study, however, was that the children who were poorly nourished at the study's onset gained at least 15 IQ points!
The researchers also noted that test scores were closely linked with school performance, and suggested that parents “of school children whose academic performance is substandard would be well advised to seek a nutritionally oriented physician for assessment of their children's nutritional status.”