Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Pavna KamathYour feedback matters!
H kya r.t.c. teeths ki life long karti hai mene apne one side me 6+1 me teath ko dead kar diya hai but I am comfortable no problem but 2nd side me bhi problem ho rhi hai meetha khane me kaafi pan hota hai.
I am 36 years old recently I met a dentist for my tooth problem he had done teeth filling but now I am unable to bite anything with that teeth if anything falls on filling area I will get unbearable pain so kindly suggest me what to do? thank you so much.
How to protect my teeth from germs, how can I improve my teeth color according to white like a cute baby. How can I care about my hair also?
I am having tooth pain since last one week but the pain increases alot in the night. Then I have to take the painkiller tablet. Tooth is in upper jaw and it's decayed. Kindly suggest the treatment. Thank you.
While the mouth has the maximum amount of bacteria in the body, the highest concentration of bacteria in the mouth is on the tongue. It is therefore important to keep a clean tongue to avoid dental issues, starting from plaque formation to severe dental and oral infections.
Why clean the tongue: Before talking about how to go about keeping the tongue clean, let us look at why it should be done.
- Tongue cleaning is one of the main steps to maintaining a good oral hygiene.
- The bacteria that cause tooth decay and gum disease reside on the tongue, and cleaning it can remove the bacteria and therefore reduce tooth decay and gum disease.
- The bad odour produced by decay and gum disease can be avoided.
- Detoxifies the body - it is believed that toxin accumulation happens on the tongue, so daily cleaning helps detoxify the body.
- A cleaner tongue exposes the taste buds, thereby improving the perception of taste.
- Stimulate various other organs -The tongue has like pressure points that connect to various other body parts, and cleaning it helps stimulate these. The tip of the tongue activates the heart; the sides are connected to the spleen, liver, and gallbladder; so on and so forth.
- Cleaner looking tongue - Various food habits tend to give a color to the tongue. Caffeine, for instance, produces a yellow coating, which can be removed by regular brushing.
Choosing a tongue cleaner: Decide on the material and the type of the instrument. Either a plastic or metal or silicone cleaner will do the job equally well. In ancient times, gold or copper scrapers were used as it was believed to be good for health. Pick one of the three -tongue scrapers, tongue cleaners, or tongue brushes. All three are equally effective in cleaning the tongue of the bacteria. If required, motorized tongue cleaners are also available.
- Timing: Good to do it first thing in the morning. Overnight, there is a thick coating of bacteria on the tongue, and therefore cleaning the tongue in the morning is a good habit.
- Swish warm water: Begin with swishing your mouth with warm water, which loosens up the microbial film and thereby making it easier to remove.
- Scraping/Cleaning: Extend your tongue and start from the back of the tongue, as far back as possible without gagging. Toothpaste can be used on the scraper or cleaner if required. With slow, sweeping strokes, clean all the way to the front and then sideways.
- Duration: It is good practice to brush the tongue for about 90 seconds per day.
Tongue cleaning is a simple and effective way to maintain oral and general health. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specialized dentist and ask a free question.
My teeth is hurting me what to do to stop the pain please help I have afraid to go to doc. Thank You.
I am 60 years old and was a regular smoker for the past 35years and now stopped since two years Now I find some ulcers on the inside of my mouth at the right side jaw, when I have food it is burning in the mouth. This is for for some days then again I am normal and again after some days it starts again. I do not know what could this be. Kindly suggest me if there is any tests that I have to undergo. I have not lost weight I am the same that I was 10years back and have NO BP nor Sugar.
My teeths wont get white.They always remain pale.I have even done treatment on them, spent 5000 bit it was all waste.Please suggest something
What is the main reason of mouth ulcers. What if it is due to use of too many antibiotics or abdomen problems as dislocation of navel etc. please answer.
I am 23 years old male and I normally suffer from cold and mouth problem. What should I do please answer me. Thank you.
Hi, My gum after brushing teeth gives out blood and pains little while touching it. I have applied gum paint, will it work?
To keep your teeth free from dental decay just minimize sugar intake between meals.
Take sweets in meals only along with fibrous food. As fibers work best to clean teeth and make them free from dental decay. Sugar works as a medium (plaque) for germs growth. To keep teeth healthy get rid of that plaque.