Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Paula Mukherjee Goel
Submit a review for Dr. Paula Mukherjee GoelYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I am so thankful that Paula Mukherjee Goel has given me the best advice and I am now finally able to get back to my normal self. The staff was very attentive to my needs. Paula Mukherjee Goel has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes herreference. Fayth Clinic has all the latest technology in place to handle severe cases. I was diagnosed with diabetes. Never once that I felt that he is getting impatient, ratherhe has always responded to my each and every doubt with immense patience.
One of the most common scenarios that most people are faced with is a constant feeling of tiredness and lethargy even after you have had a full night’s sleep. The questions popping in your mind right about now is, why is this happening? Why does the lethargic feeling fail to leave you even after you had a proper 8 hours sleep? Why is your sleep getting into the way of your professional productivity? Though there are a number of different explanations to this constant feeling of cloudiness throughout the day, hence, experts in the field have listed down some of the factors that prove to be the major causes behind this condition.
Some of these most common and powerful reasons are listed below.
- Thyroid: The moment your thyroid levels start soaring, you will automatically find it difficult to keep up with the pace that your day to day life demands. The thyroid gland, which is placed right in front of the throat, is the size of the knot on your tie. This gland produces a hormone. When the activity of the thyroid gland, it starts secreting more and more of the hormones, leading to a condition termed as hyperthyroidism. The same gland when underperforms, it starts holding back the hormone secretion, leading to a condition called hypothyroidism. In both the cases the metabolism of the body slows down, leading to an increased level of tiredness even after proper sleep.
- Anaemia: Another leading cause of that nagging feeling of sleepiness and draining energy is Anaemia. Anaemia causes a certain amount of fatigue in an individual. The main cause influencing this situation is the lack of presence of enough red blood cells. The main function of these red blood cells is to transfer oxygen constantly from the long to the cells and tissues. A break in this process leads to you feeling weak and also short of breath.
- Diabetes: Diabetes poses a serious threat to the all over functioning of your body. It is termed as the slow killer and constantly works towards undermining the level of energy a normal individual can hold. This adversely affects your day to day life, including your performance at work and also performing your daily chores at home. The glucose in your body serves as a fuel for your daily activities. Since patients with type 2 diabetes cannot use this rising glucose in their blood properly, they end up being more tired than they ought to be.
Other conditions that lead to the same draining feeling and constant tiredness even after lot of sleep are depression, rheumatoid arthritis, chronic fatigue, sleep apnea, sleep inertia, periodic limb movement disorder, constant exposure to computer screens, tv screen, monitors, etc. There are a whole bag of other factors that lead to the constant feeling of tiredness that you are feeling. Before the end of the day, you are drained, your productivity drops and you cannot wait to hit the bed, and the same is the condition when you get out of bed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
I am 64 year old male having blood sugar fasting 140 and PP 160 since Feb 2017, my local doctor who treating my DVT in right leg calf year 2015, now my post DVT is going on, now I do not have any problem, I walk 3 km daily, also take cycle exercise but in feb-2017 while my doctor suggested to check blood, this blood sugar was detected and Dr. Advised to take gluconorm sr 500, but there was some irregularities from my end in taking the above medicine due some family function, but taking medicine and doing exercise daily, for how many month I have to take is tablet for diabetes to get my blood sugar under control, apart from this I also consume Folizorb cap twice weekly and Evion 400 cap. Daily, please advise accordingly.
I am 59 years old.In nov 2016 I consulted an endocrinologist who besides giving me diabetes medicines advised supracal 2 times a day.In February 22,2017 I got severe backache ad UTI and was found to be having kidney stones. BUT THE Dr. IS SAYING IT IS NOT DUE TO SUPRACAL .Please clarify/advise.
Sir. I am 67 yes old and diabetic since 2013, for the last 2_3 yes. Feeling no sensation in my both. Feet figures .Taking GP 1 FORTE. FORXIGA 10 MG. BP IS UNDER control. ALSO TAKING roseday F10 and Nebicard 5/mg.in the night. My fasting sugar remains 110_140. Main question is how my feet sensation can be cured?
I am 46 years old man and have been taking medication for high sugar & BP and these days I am not able to get aroused and don`t have a satisfactory sexual life. Can you suggest some help.
Each tiny action we commit involves the risk of a condition, disease or disorder. For instance, sneezing a bit too hard can rupture an eye vessel, or having your face right up against the wind in a moving bus can expose you to germs. Diabetes is as prevalent as common cold in every household and there is no end to the list of causes that can make you suffer from it. While regular check-ups, medications, insulin shots can help you cope, there are certain measures that if followed, can enable you to avoid the risk of secondary yet fatal diseases. Diabetic nephropathy is one such condition.
When Kidney is affected to the extent that it cannot perform its functions(like excretion of wastes in urine, filtering blood from waste, maintaining electrolyte balance,etc.) properly, it is called as Nephropathy. The reason behind kidney damage could be many, but if diabetes is the prime cause, it is known as diabetic nephropathy in medical terms.
A few features of this disorder are as follows:
- The kidneys comprise of several small blood vessels, which perform the function of sifting waste from your blood. Diabetes at an advanced stage can impede smooth functioning of these vessels. As a result, the kidneys malfunction or a person faces kidney failure.
- Nephropathy brings along some other health issues as well. A person's blood pressure may increase as a result, thus making him or her prone to heart attacks and strokes. Sharp rise in cholesterol and triglyceride levels has also been noticed.
- A doctor will check for the presence of a protein called albumin in the patient's urine to know if you suffer from nephropathy or not. Other tests to determine the functioning of kidneys are - S.Creatinine, eGFR, Albumin/Creatinine Ratio (ACR), 24 Hour Urine Protein, Renal Function Tests, etc. A diabetic person should therefore go in for yearly tests.
In a given situation such as this, dialysis or kidney transplant comes to your aid. Both are done when kidney functions are irreversibly damaged. Dialysis can be of two kinds; Hemodialysis or Peritoneal dialysis. Dialysis (also called as Renal Replacement Therapy) remedies kidney damage and kidney failure by using a machine to extract salts, wastes and other fluids in excess from the blood to let your blood have a healthy composition. Dialysis should only be done under the supervision of an experienced nephrologist for best results. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Hi, I am 39 years old male, I am suffering from type 2 diabetes for 1 year, for last few weeks I am experiencing pain at lower left back side of head, sometimes pain became unbearable and touches jaws as well. please suggest the suitable treatment for the same.
What is insulin therapy?
Insulin is a hormone that is responsible for keeping the level of sugar in the blood under control. It is the primary therapy used for the treatment of any type of diabetes. The dependence on insulin depends on the balance between the actual production of insulin in the body and the resistance of the body cells to the insulin produced. People, who suffer from diabetes type 1, need insulin injections lifelong. The requirement for insulin therapy in people suffering from type 2 diabetes solely depends upon the declining function of the beta-cells over time.
What are the types of insulin available in the market?
The various types of insulin available in the market are:
- Rapid acting insulin: The onset of action in this type of insulin is rapid and it lasts for a short duration, about two hours.
- Short acting or regular insulin: The onset of action is moderate, and it starts acting within half an hour, and the duration of action ranges from 3 to 6 hours.
- Intermediate acting insulin: It takes about 2 to 4 hours for the onset of action of this type of insulin and the effect can remain for about 18 hours.
- Long acting insulin: The duration of action of this type of insulin can last up to about an entire day.
How is it taken?
Insulin injections can be self-injected using a syringe, a needle, a cartridge system, or a pre-filled pen system. Devices for inhaling insulin, quick-acting insulin and insulin pumps are also available at medical stores and pharmacies. Insulin is injected subcutaneously, into your muscles. Try to ensure that you inject around the same area every time, but choose a different spot to ensure less scarring. The best areas to inject insulin are thighs, buttocks, arms and belly. If you take regular insulin, it is advised to take it half an hour before a meal.
What are the possible side effects?
- Low blood sugar level
- Scars and lumps from extensive usage of insulin injection
- Rashes can be found in the area the insulin is injected or sometimes, all over the body
- Weight gain when you start using insulin initially
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.
Diabetes, frequently alluded to by specialists as diabetes mellitus, it depicts a gathering of metabolic illnesses in which the individual has high level of glucose in the blood (blood sugar), either in light of the fact that the production of insulin is insufficient, or on the grounds that the cells of the body don't react appropriately to insulin, or both. Patients with high blood sugar will commonly encounter polyuria (continuous pee), they will turn out to be progressively parched (polydipsia) and hungry (polyphagia).
1. It's the start of the holiday season, which implies heaps of candies, cookies, cakes, and different treats wherever you go. And, numerous individuals with sort 2 diabetes accept that their finding implies they should starve their sweet tooth and say no to these seasonal treats. Yet, is that truly the case?
Joyfully, say experts, the answer is no watchful way to deal with planning your diabetes diet and it implies you don't need to kiss desserts farewell. Yet, to have the capacity to appreciate that pumpkin pie or bit of cake without blame while holding your blood sugar levels in line, you have to know:
- What you are eating
- How much you are eating
- Carbohydrate, sugar, and calorie substance of all that you devour
Impacts: After you eat or drink, your body separates the sugars in your blood and transforms it into glucose. The glucose goes through your bloodstream and gives your body vitality. To fulfill this, your pancreas needs to deliver a hormone called insulin. In a man with (diabetes mellitus), the pancreas either delivers too little insulin or none by any means, or the insulin can't be utilized viably. This permits blood glucose levels to rise while whatever is left of your cells are denied of greatly required vitality. This can prompt a wide assortment of issues influencing about all aspects of your body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Your nourishment decisions matter a great deal when you have diabetes. Some are superior to anything others. Nothing is totally beyond reach. Indeed, even things that you may consider as 'the most exceedingly bad' could be periodic treats, in minor sums. Yet, they won't help you nutrition wise and it's least demanding to deal with your diabetes on the off chance that you for the most part adhere to the 'best' choices.
- Dark chocolate: Chocolate happens to be rich in flavonoids and examination demonstrates that these supplements lessen insulin resistance, enhance insulin affectability and gruff yearnings. Be that as it may, not all chocolate is made equivalent. In a recent report from the Copenhagen University, individuals who ate dim chocolate made the report that they had the feeling more or less like eating some sweets and salty, or greasy foods contrasted with volunteers given milk chocolate, with its lower levels of useful flavonoids (and, regularly, more sugar and fat, as well).
- Broccoli: Broccoli is hostile to diabetes. Likewise with different cruciferous veggies, similar to cauliflower and kale, it has one compound that is called as sulforaphane, which triggers a few calming forms that enhance blood sugar control and shield blood vessels from the cardiovascular harm that is regularly a result of diabetes.
- Blueberries: Blueberries truly standout, they have both fiber that is insoluble (that 'flushes' out fat of the framework you have) and solvent fiber (which backs off the purging of your stomach and enhances blood sugar control).
- Oats: You may not consider oatmeal a superfood, but rather it can lessen the danger of creating sort 2 diabetes. Oatmeal contains high measures of magnesium, which helps the body use glucose and discharge insulin appropriately. An eight-year trial demonstrated a 19 percent decrease in sort 2 diabetes' danger in ladies with a magnesium-rich diet, and a 31 percent decreased danger in ladies who consistently ate entire grains.
- Fish: Fish is a thinning star, rich in protein, it will keep you fulfilled; additionally, it contains an extraordinary kind of fat that cools inflammation. Thousands of studies demonstrate that individuals with the most astounding blood levels of omega-3 unsaturated fats have less extensive inflammation, the very inflammation that prompts and compounds diabetes and weight issues.