Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PatnakarYour feedback matters!
Dry cough. I will have cough problem regularly but for a small interval it will not be there but again it starts. What should i do?
My 7 months old baby has swollen palm dorsal side (right alone). No pain. Normal movement. What is the reason for the swelling.
5 practical ways to boost your child's immunity
Children are as vulnerable as they are adorable. Their immune system is not as strong as that of adults, so they are easy victims to environment borne diseases like cold, cough, influenzas and other infections. Here are 5 practical and easy ways in which you can boost your child's immunity and make sure that your role as a parent is sufficiently fulfilled.
1. Decide judiciously what he is supposed to eat and drink
Your child's daily diet must contain a lot of fruits, vegetables, juices, organic foods and proteins. Healthy fats like butter, pastured eggs, coconut etc. Are also essential as they help in absorbing important vitamins like vitamins a, d, e, k and others. Even your child's water intake should be at an optimal level. Processed food and excessive sugar intake should be avoided as they add to your child's calorie count.
2. Get your child to exercise
Regular exercise is a must. It may include running, swimming, jumping or simply strolling. Screen time should be limited as much as possible as those video games and i-pads are robbing your child of his immunity. Make sure your child spends a few hours outside in the sun so as to absorb vitamin d that is obtained from sunlight, for his immunity.
3. Ensure a clean and hygienic environment for your child
You must make sure that that your child learns to keep himself clean. Teach him to wash his hands whenever necessary and tell him not to sneeze and cough in a way that spreads germs. Maintain a clean and healthy environment in and around your home but make sure that you don't shoo away the good bacteria that prevent diseases.
4. Cut down the stress levels of your child
It is very important for you to recognise and eliminate stress from your child's life to ensure immunity for him. Do not force your will upon your child and let him follow his heart. Help him relax if he is stressed and talk to him patiently about things that are worrying him. Maintain a healthy and loving environment in your family to help your child grow.
5. Ensure you child gets adequate rest
Make sure that your child gets adequate amount of comfortable sleep. It is important for you to make your child understand the benefits of sleeping early. This not only increases his/her immunity but also helps him/her to stay attentive and focussed.
Hi , my daughter has 2years 6months old, she is not properly sleeping in night, from last one month. After sleeping 1to 2 hrs she wake up and starts crying, and cry for hour then sleep then again some time starts crying.
My son is 7 years old after 3 days of he had birth aphexia now he is a cp child he can't do any activity is it any treatment for him please guide me.
However, after the permanent teeth come in, sucking may cause problems with the proper growth of the mouth and alignment of the teeth. It can also cause changes in the roof of the mouth. Pacifiers can affect the teeth essentially the same ways as sucking fingers and thumbs, but it is often an easier habit to break. The intensity of the sucking is a factor that determines whether or not dental problems may result. If children rest their thumbs passively in their mouths, they are less likely to have difficulty than those who vigorously suck their thumbs. Some aggressive thumbsuckers may develop problems with their baby (primary) teeth.
Children usually stop sucking between the ages of two and four years old, or by the time the permanent front teeth are ready to erupt. If you notice changes in your child’s primary teeth, or are concerned about your child’s thumbsucking consult your dentist.
Tips for helping your child stop thumbsucking:
Praise your child for not sucking.
Children often suck their thumbs when feeling insecure or needing comfort. Focus on correcting the cause of the anxiety and provide comfort to your child.
For an older child, involve him or her in choosing the method of stopping.
Your dentist can offer encouragement to your child and explain what could happen to their teeth if they do not stop sucking.
If the above tips don’t work, remind the child of their habit by bandaging the thumb or putting a sock on the hand at night. Your dentist or pediatrician may prescribe a bitter medication to coat the thumb or the use of a mouth appliance.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
A migraine is a headache that causes a distinct pulsating pain, usually in one side of the head. It is different from normal headaches in the sense that the pain is much more intense and it may be accompanied by nausea or vomiting as well. Some patients have also complained about light sensitivity while others have also complained about pain in all areas of the head.
Some of the factors that separate a migraine from a normal headache are as follows:
While a headache may last at best a day, migraines may last longer, sometimes even up to 3 days.
- Feelings of nausea or actual vomiting
- Sensitivity to light
- Extreme sensitivity to changes in sound
Causes Behind Migraines
Some of the common and known causes, which may trigger migraines in people are:
- Hormonal changes in the body that may have adverse effects
- Dehydration is also known to trigger migraines
- Patients with hypoglycemia may also face migraines if the blood sugar level drops within their body
- Change in air pressure due to change in altitude may also cause migraines to appear
- Lack of sleep
- Lifestyle issues such as smoking and excessive alcohol consumption.
Remedies for Migraine in Homeopathy
Migraine is treated in homeopathy by attacking the root causes that may trigger them. Rather than temporarily alleviating pain, homeopathic treatments aim at curing the problem completely.
Some of the medicines that are known to be effective are:
- Natrum Mur: This provides great relief from migraines, which may have been caused by stress. Also, if a proper dosage is taken, it can help cure it as well.
- Belladonna: This had been known to be a great provider of relief for people who regularly face throbbing headaches.
- Glonoine: For people who frequently have migraines due to congestion of the sinuses, this medicine has been known to be very effective.
- Spigelia: To treat migraines in the left side of the head.
- Sanguinaria: Is highly effective for situations where the migraine is on the right side of the head.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Hello am 25 years old and I think I am suffering from dyslexia problem. Tell me what I do to overcome this.
My 13 month baby girl vomiting curd like milk during/after feeding milk. She has slight fever. Suggest possible reasons & treatment.
I feed my baby for over 3 years as she didn't took other milk products. Now am 31 and my breasts were sagged please recommend any good remedy without side effects.
Fever symptoms in rainy season please tell us we have a three year old son and he is not actively playing out side effects with the fever.
Sir, my son who is 4.5 year weighing 20 is having chronic tonsillitis for last 2 years, when I consulted ENT surgeon, suggested for operation, kindly advice.
Which milk is good for my 21 months old child. Cow milk or packged milk like amul gold? Or any other?
Hi this is for my baby he is eighteen months he not eat anything please answer me how can give good food please.
Whether you have a toddler or a teen, I believe, five of the best strategies to improve nutrition and encourage smart eating habits in kids would be :
1. Have regular family meals.
2. Serve a variety of healthy foods and snacks.
3. Be a role model by eating healthy yourself.
4. Avoid battles over food.
5. Make eating a playtime and probably a way of spending quality time with your kids.involve them in the process.
Kids who take part in regular family meals are also:
- more likely to eat fruits, vegetables, and grains
- less likely to snack on unhealthy foods
- less likely to smoke, use marijuana, or drink alcohol
You could Follow these basic guidelines:
1. Work fruits and vegetables into the daily routine, aiming for the goal of at least five servings a day.
2. Make it easy for kids to choose healthy snacks by keeping fruits and vegetables on hand and ready to eat. Other good snacks include low-fat yogurt, peanut butter and celery, or whole-grain crackers.
3. Serve lean meats and other good sources of protein, such as fish, eggs, beans, soya, tofu.
4. Choose whole-grain breads and cereals so kids get more fiber.
5. Limit fat intake by avoiding fried foods and choosing healthier cooking methods, such as broiling, grilling, roasting, and steaming. Choose low-fat or nonfat dairy products.
6. Limit fast food and low-nutrient snacks, such as chips and candy. But don't completely ban favorite snacks from your home. Instead, make them "once-in-a-while" foods, so kids don't feel deprived.
7. Limit sugary drinks, such as soda and fruit-flavored drinks. Serve water and low-fat milk instead.
And above all ----- Be a Role Model Yourself!
The best way for you to encourage healthy eating is to eat well yourself.!!!!
That's all for now, for my next dose(article) ...stay tuned!