Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Find Out the Type of Alopecia the Bald Patches Might Be Indicating
Alopecia Areata is the most prominent kind of alopecia that causes hair fall. It happens if your immune system attacks the hair follicles, resulting in excessive shedding and even bald patches. Generally, people below 20 are most affected by this condition but it may occur to any individual irrespective of age and gender. The hair loss is reversible on its own and treatments are also available. Below is a list of different types of Alopecia Areata that have been diagnosed in people.
- Alopecia Universalis (AU) - This kind of alopecia leads to complete hair loss from the body, including eyebrows and eyelashes.
- Alopecia Totalis (AT) - Alopecia Tolalis causes shedding of hair from the scalp making one bald.
- Alopecia Barbae - When Alopecia Areata occurs at the beard area making patches or wiping the entire area smooth, it is called Alopecia Barbae.
- Scarring Alopecias (Cicatricial Alopecias) - This is the rarest form of Alopecia where one loses hair permanently.
- Androgenetic Alopecia (AGA) - Also called male or female pattern baldness, this type of alopecia causes excessive thinning of hair to the point that the scalp is almost visible. This is a progressive kind of hair loss that is most common in people with hereditary alopecia.
- Traction Alopecia - This type of alopecia results from excessive pulling on the hair, which causes tension in the hair follicles. Primarily seen in women because of certain kind of hairstyles, it can lead to damage of hair shafts preventing re-growth of hair.
- Telogen Effluvium - If more than normal amount of hair falls out then, it is called Telogen Effluvium. It is usually innocuous and the hair returns to its former glory after the phase has passed.
- Anagen Effluvium - This type of hair loss is caused due to chemicals used to treat cancer. After the completion of the treatment, hair usually grows back to its normal state.
Related Tip: Top Causes of Hair Loss and Hair Thinning in Women?
I am 20 years old. Female. I've got back spots all over my face. Is there any solution to it? Also I have problem in my knees. What am I supposed to do?
Sir, I am suman, Male, 33Y. I am getting so much of white hair. And in winter particularly I am getting scalp. And I am losing hair very much.
I have some small spots on my back but it is not a big problem. So whatever I can do I am doing? But no result. So could you tell me some ways to get it resolve.
Doctor can I use graphites 200 for boy pimple problem and more if say yes So please write medicine in homeopathic for boy pimple problem.
I have black mark on forehead since last 15 years, which is keep growing and getting darken now. Do you have any solution for this.
Hi, I have some red rashes have developed over my skin. How it can be cured and what are possible precautions.
I am having cracks and very dry skin of nipples of breast which is very embarrassing. I applied mustard oil also twice a day but no relief. Please help me.
I want to change my face with plastic surgery is it possible what are the procedure. What s the cost?
I have pimples problem small pimple are growing on my face and their marks are remains on my face please solve my problem.
I had chickenpox before 1 month it left some black spots on my face and it looks very bad can you please suggest Mme what to do for these.
Good afternoon sir. I need to know about psoriasis. My mother has some skin allergy and they went to doctor and doctors said it's psoriasis disease. That skin problem is only their head part. Doctors gave some medicines and said it cure as soon as possible. But my doubt is tht dangerous to life.
I am 25 years old, I have unwanted hairs on my face and blackheads, whiteheads also please tell me to remove in home remedies.
Hi doctor. Im suffering skin problem from 3 years. My bikni n hip area always rashes. I used anti fungal cream then it will be heel. After 15 days it comes again. My bikni area skin become black n dead. Im very dipresd and feel helpless.
Whether you have just had a baby or you've lost all the weight you'd gained in the past, stretch marks are problems which almost everyone, faces at some time or other. While there are numerous products in the market which claim to reduce stretch marks, there are also many natural ways to remove stretch marks.
4 natural commodities which can be used to reduce stretch marks and their ways are:
1. Potatoes: rubbing potato slices on the area which has stretch marks for a few minutes covers the area with starch. Once the starch is dried and washed with water, this can help reduce stretch marks.
2. Aloe vera: aloe vera is the foremost solution for almost all skin related problems that we face. Its healing properties cure skin problems, like stretch marks. All you need to do is rub aloe vera gel on the affected area every day for about fifteen minutes and washing off with warm water. Alternatively, mixing aloe vera gel with vitamin e and vitamin a oils and then rubbing that on the affected area is also known to be fruitful.
3. Castor oil: it is also used to a host of skin issues and is a sure shot cure. A little castor oil needs to be gently massaged on the affected area, in circular motion for about 10 minutes and then wrapping the area with a thin cloth. Apply some heat on the wrapped area for about half an hour for best results. Do this daily.
4. Hydrate: drink a lot of water and keep your skin hydrated. A well-hydrated skin is known to be free of all marks. When you drink at least ten glasses of water every day, your body gets regular detox which in turn gets rid of the stretch marks.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
I am 20 year old woman last 2 month onward pimples are there in my face I am going to doctor also is not move now should I do and next month is my marriage so please kindly suggest me as soon as possible.
Especially common in children, but not entirely impossible in adults, Atopic Dermatitis is a type of eczema, a chronic condition that causes intensive itching and red rashes in and around areas of dry and sensitive skin. Atopic dermatitis has a tendency to flare and then subside periodically and is often accompanied by hay fever or asthma or other allergies. In more serious cases, clear, fluid-filled blisters are also formed.
Signs and symptoms normally associated with atopic dermatitis may include:
- Itching, which may be severe at nocturnal periods of the day
- Dry or cracked, scaly skin
- Reddish brown patches in almost any area of the body
- Swollen and sensitive skin after scratching
- Small, raised blisters which may leak when scratched
The exact causes of atopic dermatitis are unknown. It can, however, be related to any of the following factors:
- Dry and irritable skin
- Immune system dysfunction
- Gene variations which affect the skin’s barrier function
- Action of bacteria, such as Staphylococcus aureus, on the sensitive areas of skin
- Environmental conditions
If you have Atopic Dermatitis, you are likely to be troubled by the following complications:
- Chronic, itchy skin
- Increased risk of acquiring other skin diseases and viruses, such as the herpes simplex virus
- Asthma and hay fever
- Eye problems such as blepharitis and conjunctivitis
- Allergic contact dermatitis
- Sleep disorders
- Irritant hand dermatitis
- Behavioral problems such as attention deficit or hyperactivity disorders
Treatment and drugs:
If the problem still persists even after regular moisturising and other self-care steps, you may have to take medications and prescribe to certain drugs such as:
- Anti-itching and anti-inflammatory creams
- Anti-itching oral drugs
- Anti-inflammatory oral or injected drugs
- Calcineurin inhibitors that repair the skin
- Drugs to fight infection
- Wet dressings therapy
- Light therapy
- Stress treatment therapy
If excessive hair is stopping you from living and enjoying your life, consult a dermatologist who can help you with an effective treatment.