Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. PatelYour feedback matters!
I am 56 years old. I am regular to workouts and I have been running on the treadmill. I have however over the past 3 days started developing pain in the right knee and it I am not able to run because of the pain Could you be kind enough to address this issue. Regards
My wife have chronic leg pain problem at night some times she start crying I consult many doctors but no one could help us she suffering from thyroid problem please help us.
I am male and 29 years old suffering from back pain. I face problem of back pain especially while bike riding. Due to this problem, I am not able to do my official work. Please help me and suggest the appropriate treatment.
When I am passing the urine the pure blood is coming out what is the problem may I know sir/medem and along with that back pain is heavy and can you say which table are syrn is best for back pain.
She has backache problem on every morning when she woke up especially in lower back, Also she has pain in neck in the movement, what can be the reason for that?
I am 45years old man. I have pain in both thighs at night time last 3, 4 yrs. There is lot of disturbance at night, during sleeping time. Sometimes if I have drink, then I feel relief otherwise there is lot of pain and disturbance in sleeping. So please give me a best way to relief this pain.
Sir jb main khi ek jgh baitha rhta hu too mere kamr me bhut zyada pain hota h please give me a solution?
I hear too much. Pop sound from my both the knees. I think its due to the lacking of Synovial Fluid in my knee caps. please tell can it become normal again. By some Good food or something else. I am just 22year old. I am too young. Thats why I m scared.
Hello, I have a little pain and a stretching sensation in my lower left ribcage. I have this problem from about 1 year. I used to exercise really hard at that time when this pain started. What can be the case? Thanks.
I have fracture in my cervical c1-c2 Doctor Say its recover by only surgery there is any other option to me. Due to fracture my neck not work properly.
Hi I am 42 yes old (f) and have this pain in my lower back for the last two weeks. Normally I am quite active and every day run for about 5 kms. With this back pain I am unable to move around much.
Concentrated pain in the neck can be especially tormenting. Before you look for a cure for this pain and start treating it, it is important that you try and find out the underlying cause behind it as well. Contacting a physiotherapist in time will allow you not only to avoid any and every side effect posed by neck pain, but also assist you to get good riddance from it.
Causes of Neck Pain:
There can be multiple causes of neck pain. The treatment of the same depends wholly on the factor that is causing the pain. Some of these causes of neck pain include
- Misaligned hips,
- Misaligned Spine,
- Misaligned shoulders,
- A constantly forward-tilted head,
- Lack of movement of the head from one specific position,
- Tensing up of the muscles in the upper back,
- Tensing up of the muscles in the neck region, etc.
- It is all these factors and a few more that end up resulting in stiffening of muscles in and around the neck and causing you intermediate to unbearable pain.
Side effects of neck pain:
Neck pain also has some side effects, which includes temporary loss of consciousness, nausea, vomiting, blackouts, temporarily blurred vision, headache, spondylitis, etc.
Exercises for neck pain:
Neck exercises are a predominant part of the treatment extended by every physiotherapist, to cure neck pain. Some of the most vital and effective exercises for neck pain are listed below.
- Frog: Funny as it way sounds, the frog is one of the best exercises when it comes to treating neck pain. All you have to do is lie down on the floor with your knees apart, your feet joined, your hands laid upward on the floor at a 45-degree angle to your body and just stay there in that position for two minutes. This will force your back to arch naturally, slowly giving some relief to your neck.
- Sitting floor: Try sitting floor for neck pain. All you have to do is sit straight with your back rested on a wall, with your legs laid straight forward. Bring together your shoulder blades and bend to help them meet your knees while curling the toes outward to optimal. Stay in this position for a good 3 minutes, without bending the legs.
- Static wall: Lie down on the floor with your bottom against a wall and your legs up it. You can always scoot back a bit if there is the slightest of discomfort. The aim here is to help the tail bone lie comfortably on the floor. Tighten your thigh muscles but curling your toes outward and pointing your feet straight out from its previous position. Maintain this position for 3 minutes for maximum effect.
- Static back: The static back is the most common and most helpful exercise for neck pain. All you got to do is lie down on the floor, while placing your legs on an elevated surface, such as an ottoman or a chair at a 45-degree angle to your body. Now put your arms at an angle of 45 degrees to your body as well, only sideways on your shoulder. Follow this position by lifting your palms and staying in that position for five to ten minutes.
All these exercises are aimed to positively influence one muscle or the other in and around the neck region and to help you get rid of that pain. Consult a physiotherapist first, and he/she will advise you on the best neck pain exercises.