Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. PatelYour feedback matters!
I am 25 and married but yet to plan for kids 1) Need suggestion to reduce weight in a healthy manner 2) Going through severe pains in the joints especially on to lower back and knees. Upon taking a lab report found out that I have very low vitamin D count. Also, getting angry and shout at people in the recent past. Could this also b because of the deficiency in vitamin D.(Count is 8) 3) how to reduce the tummy.
I am having pain in my leg get hurt in accident hurting went I am moving it up and down what to do doctor ?
I have pain in my shoulders from 1 week so what I am to do for this I will try pain relief pill and creems but do not work.
My mom is 70 years old and she is suffering from legs and joint pain. She feels her stomach filled with gas. Please suggest me?
Sometimes I've so much pain in my hands or legs without doing any physical hard work. Can you say why.
I am 35 years old & really tired with joints problem in my right knees. Tried 2 to 3 doctors. Ple suggest me any yoga exercise.
I am 40 years female. I have pain in right hand elbow, right shoulder, sometime upto neck. Backpain specially during morning time when I get up fr sleep. Its been 2 mths now. I had shown to ayurvedic. They told to do massage using oil. Not feeling any better afer that. Pls advise.
Hey, Doc I am having problem with my knee, It pains a lot. Even I am only 26 year old, what diet and what exercises can help that things.
Low back pain is one of the most common medical problems and it occurs due to injury associated with the nerves, bones, and muscles of the back. The pain can vary from a sharp shooting pain that happens at various intervals to a gnawing pain that can last for weeks on end. While the former can go away with some muscle relaxant, the latter may need a combination of medications and exercise.
- Common reasons include improper sleeping posture, lifting, fracture, lack of exercise, disk injuries, arthritis, and many more. Most of these instances would lead to medium to long term pain that will not subside on its own and for long Physiotherapy has proven to provide good relief.
- The aim of physiotherapy is to reduce pain, improve movement, and maintain the spinal function in the long run. Most often, the therapy sessions would last for about 4 weeks when the regular course of medications have not helped much.
- Nerves, muscles, bones, and disks of the lower back are supported by the abdominal and back muscles. The intent of the exercise is to strengthen these two sets of muscles so that the spine/lower back per se is not very susceptible to injury. The exercises would be a combination of stretching followed by strengthening and conditioning, all aimed at these two sets of muscles.
- Some common exercises include bottom to heels stretch, knee rolls, back extensions, deep abdominal strengthening, and pelvic tilts.
- In addition to being used as a sole mean of treatment, physiotherapy is also used in back pain to treat severe cases both pre and post surgically. What is corrected by surgery needs to be enhanced by the regular exercises as prescribed by the doctor.
- One disclaimer that a doctor might want to give is that physiotherapy may not be beneficial if exercises are not done properly or if the patients do not adhere to the scheduled prescription. The long term success depends not just on getting the relief, but on following the maintenance exercises as prescribed. This is more important and helps avoid relapse of the back pain. A good posture and improved core stability with ongoing exercises is the key to success of physiotherapy in low back pain.
- While most people consider low back pain as a chronic condition, it can be managed effectively. It is important to realize that there is no overnight cure and that it may not get better on its own. Physiotherapy is a very good intervention; however, it will depend on the severity of pain and how it affects the patient's lifestyle.