Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Parmesh Rathi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Parmesh RathiYour feedback matters!
Common Cause of Infertility in Females
- One of the two ovaries releases a mature egg.
- The egg is picked up by the fallopian tube.
- Sperm swim up the cervix, through the uterus and into the fallopian tube to reach the egg for fertilization.
- The fertilized egg travels down the fallopian tube to the uterus.
- The fertilized egg implants and grows in the uterus.
In women, a number of factors can disrupt this process at any step. Female infertility is caused by one or more of these factors.
Ovulation disorders, meaning you ovulate infrequently or not at all, account for infertility in about 25 percent of infertile couples. These can be caused by flaws in the regulation of reproductive hormones by the hypothalamus or the pituitary gland, or by problems in the ovary itself.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).In PCOS, complex changes occur in the hypothalamus, pituitary gland and ovaries, resulting in a hormone imbalance, which affects ovulation. PCOS is associated with insulin resistance and obesity, abnormal hair growth on the face or body, and acne. It’s the most common cause of female infertility.
- Hypothalamic dysfunction.The two hormones responsible for stimulating ovulation each month — follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH) — are produced by the pituitary gland in a specific pattern during the menstrual cycle. Excess physical or emotional stress, a very high or very low body weight, or a recent substantial weight gain or loss can disrupt this pattern and affect ovulation. The main sign of this problem is irregular or absent periods.
- Premature ovarian insufficiency.This disorder is usually caused by an autoimmune response where your body mistakenly attacks ovarian tissues or by premature loss of eggs from your ovary due to genetic problems or environmental insults such as chemotherapy. It results in the loss of the ability to produce eggs by the ovary, as well as a decreased estrogen production under the age of 40.
- Too much prolactin.Less commonly, the pituitary gland can cause excess production of prolactin (hyperprolactinemia), which reduces estrogen production and may cause infertility. Most commonly this is due to a problem in the pituitary gland, but it can also be related to medications you’re taking for another disease.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
My age is 25. I had medical abortion 3 years ago. From that time onwards I am experiencing breast irritation, milk discharge (both sides) and sometimes stomach irritation .i am 5 .7 height and 73 kgs. My cbc, thyroid profile, urine analysis, blood glucose value are all normal and my periods are regular. Please tell me the causes and remedies of my problem.
I got married on 6TH and I skipped my periods even though I didn't have intercourse till now with my husband. Skipping of periods is first time. Yesterday we tried to have intercourse my vagina was also dry so we stopped. Please advise.
Hello Dr, I want to know is there any chances me getting pregnant. Coz I hve a son aged 15 years now. N planning for one more kid, should I go for any more tests. And my period cycle is 35 days. Kindly advice.
I am pregnant of 15 weeks. Please inform me, whether I can go for Anomaly Test or what is the idle time for doing the test.
Hi dr. I gave birth to a girl child on 11 dec, however got my periods for 40 days. Later after a weeks time I got it again for a week and for another week I was free, then it startef again and is still continues. Can you please advise the reason for the same?
Respected sir my wife feel tired after do some work, I have two kids both are born by cesarean operations. Pls tell me what can I do.
Good morning! Everyone this is Dr Anuneet Sabharwal consulting psychiatrist at infinity clinic. Today I'm going to talk about Audio-Visual Entrainment and Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation. These two modalities are some of the latest modalities to be used in the field of mental health. So what is Audio-Visual Entrainment? To understand Audio-Visual Entrainment we must first understand that the human brain emits brain waves at various different frequencies depending on the state of mind of the person. So Audio-Visual Entrainment come into this, where Audio meaning sound, Visual meaning lights and Entrainment means training of the brain, what we do is we expose the human mind to flashes of light which emit a particular frequency and sound again at a particular frequency which trains the brain to emit the frequency that is desirable or therapeutic. Through this modality, we can induce a deep sense of relaxation and feel good. What is Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation? This again is one of the latest modalities to be used in the field of mental health. In Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation we give a very small direct current or D.C than 1 mA through the earlobes of the person. The anode is connected to the left ear and the cathode to the right earlobe. Through this, a very small electric current is passed which enters the brain and stimulates the specific target areas to induce changes and mood. Both AVE and CES are used in depression, all anxiety spectrum disorders as well as insomnia. They are also maximum effective when used in conjunction with each other or psychotherapy and medications. You'd be very happy to know that AVE and CES have virtually no side effects and have long-lasting beneficial effect. If you'd like to know more about AVE and CES or would like to consult me for the same, you can consult me through Lybrate.com or visit infinity clinic to know more.
Diet Changes to Improve Metabolism
I am Dr.Kumar. Basically I brought this first time in India—diet as a therapy, and the title goes as appropriate diet therapy centers. We got our main office at Dadar and along with that we got about 18 centers across India. This is basically, we are seeing for years together people are suffering from most of the metabolic disorders and for that we are trying allopath, homoeopath, ayurveda, but still we are not fining any solution for acidity. So we are seeing, because it is not a disease, then it has something related to the cell, because as you know the cell become a tissue, tissue become an organ, organ becomes a system, and system becomes a body, so basically it is a degeneration at the cellular level.
So what we are trying to do with our diet therapy we are changing the diet in a scientific manner because the diet we take in India is basically a cultural diet , emotional diet, traditional diet. But our body works on a scientific principal of the PH which is basically an alkaline PH. But unfortunatelhy the food we take in India are acidic in nature. And they are responsible for destruction at the cellular level. So by changing diet we stop further damage at organic level and then we try to revive those cells by giving very specific ingredients derived from the food and that’s why we are able to find a solution.
We have been very successful stopping knee replacement, there is no need of going in to further surgery. 2nd diabetes, especially diabetes 2 is totally reversible with us. Then dialysis process is reversible, now we remove blockages without angioplasty bypass. And we are very successful in finding a solution for cancer at all stages. So this is the first time we have brought this in India and we are very very successful.
For further information you may please contact through Lybrate.com.