Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Parikh KetanYour feedback matters!
I have 10 month old son. He Is having small pink colour patches in stomach just 3 days before it started. First it was white dots now turned to pink. When He was 4 month old same thing happened it was there for one month. And it s only in stomach area day by day it changed into white patches. He Is having very dry skin. Even his cheeks got pink. Later I applied coconut oil in cheeks. Now little ok. I am giving him daily oil bath oNly. It came during winter time now second time again in summer time. What to do. Dr. Gave fluro net cream. No use of it.
I have just delivered a baby 8 days back I have started breastfeeding her but I have cracked and bleeding nipples. They are very painful also. Kindly help.
Hi doctor. My daughter is 4 year's old. She didn't eat properly. While Eating food she used to cry. She dont want have any food. So, What should I do?
My daughter of 3 and half month old has boils in her body and face. I'm sure its not boils because its not painful. Can't be as mosquito bite. Not sure if its of any insect bite. What to do? please help me.
Hai my 3 month old baby some time crying in niht time and I do not have breast milk. Which is the best formula milk for him.
My 1 year 8 months baby is suffering from Ventricular septal defect with perimembranous extension. Gradient of 30 mmhg. Doctor has advised for open heart surgery. I want to know that open heart surgery is must in this case or not and if yes then how many days are needed in the hospital for the treatment of heart surgery?
My son is 7 years old. He is thin. Every after 4 to 5 days, he is suffering from cold and then cough. What I will do and what I give to him to improve his health. What is the best drink like bournvita, pediasure or horlick etc.
Girl child age 2 months ssuffered with high spasmoding cough since 4th apr stated treated with agumantin & cough syp, steam inhation for 6 days but there no proper response cpc, crp & chest xray done hb 9.2 tlc 13600 p32 l 62 e4 mi crp -3.6 xray shows shadow pneumonitis sugested treated with nimkcin pep-30 monosef and other measure adopted to prevent there is marginally response to cough but not complete clear rpt xray was clear tlc 13100 no fever between treatment. But there was no reilf with cough when ever wake up a deep cough started and in night after 2 o clock more frequancy, cough is still runs but duration is very less to earlier interwel time also less. All antibiotic stoped on 20th apr child is on cough syp ascorole my and plain steam. A digital xray was done that wnl except superior mediastinum is widened due to enlarged thymus glands on the rt side. All above conclusion is that cough is not in complete relief.
Hello doc im mother of one month old baby girl and in my last trimester I had acne on my neck n back because of hot weather n pregnancy hormones the acne scars have not vanished way to do thanks in advance.
My baby s 1 month 15 days old nw.. he hiccups very often.. n dat pertains more dan half hours sometimes.. is dis a normal activity??
My son is having nervous while going to school. He is unable take breakfast. From the past four days he is doing vomiting also while prepared to go to school. His age is 9 years. Normal times he is very active and plays very well. Kindly suggest.
My son is 8 years old. He Cannot Eat Sufficiently. His weight is now 15 kg. He is not Interested in taking lunch and dinner in time. We ultimately forced him to have dinner and lunch. How should I increase my sons hungriness.
My 3 month baby have nose blocking with frequent cough. I give Maxtra and Mucolite drops for 3 times. Is it OK? Is it serious for my baby frequent cough? Tell me as soon as possible.
My 4 year old son always angry very quickly. He is very aggressive and most of the time he is just out of control. His palm most of the time remain little bit hot.
The festival of Diwali is greeted with great pomp and splendour and along with the regular festivities, the pollution levels in the air also rise due to the ritual of bursting fire crackers. In an analysis, the rise of harmful pollutants such as sulphur dioxide and nitrogen dioxide seemed to reveal a disturbing outcome.
The rise in pollution during Diwali affects you in the following ways:
- The PM (particulate matter which is smaller than 2.5mm) enters your lungs (learn more about lung cancer) and bloodstream and has several health impacts including chronic respiratory symptoms such as painful breathing and shortness of breath which might cause premature death.
- High sulphur dioxide levels in the air during Diwali also lead to inflammation of air passages and causes complications in respiration.
- A compound called ‘strontium’ found in the atmosphere multiplies by 120 times during the festival and causes bone damage and blood clotting ailments.
- Firecrackers contain heavy metals which are toxic to the human body and the amount of magnesium in the air goes up by 22x, which poses a significant threat to all forms of life.
- The noise pollution also rises during the festival and in extreme cases, can permanently damage one’s hearing.
However, there are a few measures you can undertake to steer clear of the excessive pollutants present in the air:
- Limit the amount of time you spend outdoors even while exercising. This is because the air remains contaminated, days after all the festivities get over and the pollutants take a very long time to dissipate.
- Even on the road, drive with the windows of your car rolled up to avoid intake of adulterated air and use a face mask if you are a two-wheeler rider.
- Plant a lot of green plants inside your house as they purify the air you are breathing and ensure a supply of fresh oxygen.
- Install an air purifier in the room to make sure you breathe in fresh, uncontaminated oxygen when you sleep. The air purifier will also help in lessening your respiratory complications.
Also, in case you notice any respiratory or breathing problem, it is advisable that you consult a pulmonologist, to rule out serious health issues.