Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Paresh LakdawalaYour feedback matters!
hello doctor well my self atul and i think i need a sychytric help actually iam fine i dont have any problem, but some times i here some noice that make me iritating and i have o very long history of my past and i think iam little bit dipressed and i need proper rest and relaxation can you tell me actually what i have to do for relax our body and mind as well as soul toooo.
From terrorism to natural disasters, there are a number of traumatic events that constantly hurl themselves at us. Given the amount of stress it causes an adult, imagine how a child can process this information. Often traumatic events that occur in childhood can trigger phobias and anxiety disorders that last a lifetime if not dealt correctly.
Each child responds to trauma in a different way depending on the circumstances and their age and personality. What is common is that all children turn towards their parents and teachers for support in these situations. Hence, it is important to understand how to help your child deal with traumatic events.
Here are a few steps you should follow:
- Provide comfort: The first thing to do in a traumatic event is to reassure and comfort the child. Reinforce your child's sense of security by following a normal schedule and maintaining regular eating and sleeping habits. Encourage your child to talk and ask questions and discuss the situation with them in a way appropriate to your child's age and concerns.
- Accept their needs: Children show the need for reassurance in different ways. For some, it may be the need for extra physical contact in the form of hugs while for others it may be ensuring that their favourite teddy bear is with them constantly. Be patient with children and indulge their needs in such situations.
- Limit the amount of information available: Media often magnifies a traumatic event making it all the more difficult for a child to apprehend. Children can often be mislead or frustrated by media coverage of a traumatic event. Thus, it is a good idea to limit the use of television, radios and internet. As far as possible do not let your child watch the news alone.
- Stay in touch: If your child goes to school, his or her teacher is the parent figure at school. Stay connected with your child's teachers and the other adults in their life to monitor changes in behavioral patterns.
- Create distractions: If left alone with nothing to do, a child's mind will dwell on the trauma. Encourage them to find a hobby to cope with the negative emotions. Music and art are two good outlets for stress. You could also play board games, read or play outdoors to distract them.
- Get professional help: Sometimes you may need help to deal with a traumatic event in your child's life. If your child shows signs of behavioral changes, academic problems, emotional outbursts, anxiety, depression, insomnia or social withdrawal; you should consult a professional counselor.
Mera mere 5 saal pehle divorced hua tha eski vajah yeh thi ki meri wife ka dusre mard k sath chaqqar tha. Usne mujhe cheat kiya aur divorced liya. Mai 39 year ka hu aur mere 2 bachchai hai. Aaj bhi meri X wife mere dimaag se nhi nikalti hai. Jb bhi free time hota hai mere paas to mai hmesha apni X wife k baare mai sochta hu. Aur mai jitne bhi logo se milta hu hmesha apni x wife ka ziqr krta hu aaj bhi mere divorced k 5 saal hogaye woh mere dimaag se q nhi nikal ti hai. Kya mai bimaar to nhi hu.
I am having depression, sleeping in morning , always feels tired how can i overcome from this issues.
I have been broken up with my bf and went to severe depression. How could I get out of this depression. Do I need to consult a psychiatrist?
He is suffering from a depression we already consulted a psychiatrist but we haven't get a good result what we have to do?
Why do body pain come after we recover from. High fever and cold, is that a symptom of any other flu.
My age is 29 married man. I am suffering with depression. I am also taking medicines(esjoy plus, logen, and extra capsules which is a herbal capsule given by the doctor ) from the last four months. Now he is reducing my dosage. And i am getting the symptoms again. Please advise me what should i do.
I am suffering from anxiety and stress. So sir tell me what should I do now? And how to bypass the problem. And what is medicine for it?
I am suffering from body pains last 10 days. Could you please tell me what are the reasons for causing body pains. How can I reduce please suggest me with some simple tips thanks in advance.
When it comes to the brain and the IQ, is bigger the better? Does size really matter? Is there really a connection between the size of your brain and intelligence? With the help of findings by neurologists
and scientists, we seek to find out!
- Ailments and the Brain: Scientists have found that children with autism have a brain that has grown in a disproportionate manner in the very first year of their life. This prevents the child from making connections with normal behaviour. On the other hand, children and adolescents who suffer from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD have shown signs of having a much smaller brain size. Many scientists have shown that the size of the brain shrinks as we age, and this does not have any visible effect on our cognitive abilities.
- It's all Relative: The size of the brain does not really have a bearing on the way a person's cognition gets shaped. Even large mammals like elephants and whales are finally hunted and tamed by humans who have smaller brains in comparison. The brain is made up of billions of neurons which need to function properly. It may be seen that scientists consider the brain mass in relation with the rest of the body so as to speculate about the cognitive abilities of the person. Why is this required? Large animals need a well functioning and proportionate brain size to control and run their organs with proper cognition for satisfactory results, which is what we humans seem to have done.
- Neanderthal Brains: Historically, the earliest man or the Neanderthals are said to have had larger brains than we do. These people are believed to have brains that are at least 10% larger than the brains that we have in our modern times. The shape of their brain was different too. They were also heavily muscled people which had a bearing on the size and shape of the brain and bodies as well as the lean tissue within the brain. They also survived very successfully for a period of over 200,000 years, which obviously points to some form of elevated cognition, as per many scientists.
- Animals: While animals with small brains like lizards and reptiles do not perform too well on IQ tests, the animals with bigger brains like elephants and dolphins perform much better. But the medium sized brains of monkeys, lemurs and other animals are said to perform in the best manner. The correlation between the body size and the brain does not seem to hold good here, as per various researches.
So the verdict as per medical science and research stands divided!
I had been smoking for almost 10 years. Now I quited it's been 2 months. I just wanted to know will I get serious diseases or everything would be fine from today.
I am 25 years old. I am suffering from anxiety and panic attacks last 5 years. I am taking 0.25 mg clonazepam tablet in the evening only. please suggest me how I can sleep and feel normal without medicines.
I am suffering from epilepsy from 4.5 years. And I am taking medicine regularly as per doctor advise. Can I stop it now if I feeling good with out advise of doctor?
Hii. I'm a 23 years old male Was always surrounded by low self esteem Losing confidence, feels lyk left uncare, Hating myself and depressing with things and ppl who hurted me Finally always I'm going in through a thought process even without listening to the opposite who are in conversation wit me This seems to be typical me I can feel that I was totally changed a lot in thinking and behavior ovr these 4 yrs.
I feel very sleepy whole day.No excitement in life.Lack of concentration.Get extremely attached with anyone if I like and then get over reactive and caring.I am fed up of this situation please help me ?
In fact headache and Backache & vague body aches could be a sign of Depression!
Must read link about how Depression can manifest itself as pain, how to recognize it and what should be done to make oneself feel better