Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Parag ShahYour feedback matters!
I would like to know which days of the month I can have sex with my wife without using any contraceptives - so that she doesn't get pregnant and we can enjoy sex without using a condom?
Hi I got married in February 2014, Since then we (Myself & my wife) have been trying to have a baby, but could not succeeded, In last almost 2 years we went to 4-5 doctors for treatment & had various medicines & tests. Recently one doctor suggested my wife for HSG test & it was found in HSG that fallopian tubes of my wife is blocked. further I had seamen test 1 year back & it was normal. Since we trying to have a baby for almost 2 years, it is a great cause of concern for us. Request you to suggest us further course of action.
Hi. Am under fertility treatment for pregnancy. Used siphene last time n my follicle was just 11 mm. Thus time also doctor has advised to take the same. Along with five injections. But this period cycle. My bleeding was very less. N got stopped in third day itself. How effective will this cycle help me in pregnancy.
Can pregnant can have a periods like normal days cause one of my friend had sex whit is partner nw the stomach is increasing day by day bt she s having periods from past 2 months.
Modern lifestyle is witnessing gifts of technology and simultaneously facing the side effects that come along such as peer pressure, stress, hectic schedules, complexities in life and various other issues that are plaguing the people today in a manifold manner.
They are being forced to succumb to depression, and fight back the same; they are taking pills, anti-depressants, anti-psychotic drugs or other narcotics.
These are proving extremely detrimental by taking a toll on the overall mental and physical health of the humans. One of the main ill-effects of these dangerous drugs is decreased desire or sexual urge, which is also known as Libido.
How drugs affect our physical and social lives?
Anti-depressant drugs have certain chemicals in the composition such as serotonin, melatonin, dopamine, inhibitors, tri-cyclics, etc. that severely affect the emotions of love in both the males and females along with decreasing the sexual push or aggression, thereby degrading the conjugal life of a couple to a large extent. This is indeed a matter of serious concern because ultimately the happiness and health are at stake.
At some point of time, an individual affected by such problems tend to distance away from his or her partner and also isolates from other people. He or she cocoons in a shell and this gives rise to another form of depression.
How Help Can Be Achieved Through Ayurveda in Such Cases?
As each of the symptoms is related to lifestyle issues, therefore, at first it is important to balance these. Ayurveda today has become a very crucial cure in such cases. The specialists are also recommending the use of same in the treatment of libido. The Ayurvedic treatment includes:
- Counselling- Sitting with their patients, giving a patient listening to the problems, counselling them and then advising some hormonal therapy or lifestyle changes.
- Shiro Dhara Panchakarma- This therapy aids in curing stress and depression which ultimately bring back libido.
- Satvavjay Chikitsa- In this form of treatment, the patient is required to stay away from negative thoughts and reinforce the positive thoughts in the brain. Letting go of these thoughts will help the patient stay happy and content which in turn would let you enjoy the intimate moments to the fullest.
- Nasya Treatment- In this treatment, Ayurvedic medicines are taken through the nose as it is assumed that the effect reaches from nose to head thus curing the ailment.
- Shiro Basti Treatment- This is a process of medicated enema for increasing libido. A cap is placed on the head in this treatment.
- Meditation and yoga- These are the best natural therapy for curing libido related problems. Meditating daily for 1 hour can drastically increase the libido level. Also, yoga poses, like Pigeon Pose, bound angel, eagle pose are good for getting back libido. Yoga and meditation are very good for reducing stress level. Thus, by reducing stress level, libido is increased.
- Manasmitra Vataka- This relieves stress in an efficient way, thus increasing libido naturally.
- Swarna Saraswatarishta- This reduces mental fatigue and helps in increasing retention power. Overall, this results in an increased libido.
- Ashwagandharistha- This is good for men as this helps to improve the testosterone level. Testosterone helps in increasing libido. Ayurveda is all about natural and herbal cure with very handy home remedies such as maintaining the correct diet comprising of plenty of water, fruits, onion and garlic, the Mediterranean kind of food, etc. that will help to enhance the sexual desire. Ayurvedic pills for increasing sexual feelings known as libido enhancer pills and other herbal sexual pills are sometimes prescribed to the patients as well, but those must be taken with utmost care and under strict medical guidance.
- Stop Bad Habits- Stopping every form of bad habit like alcohol consumption, and smoking is also essential.
If one wants to come out of such problems, there will always be guidance and assistance to him or her. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I'm 25 years old. I used unwanted 72 pill for the first time. My period came early 26th oct. Now it's 1st Oct. There is no sign of my period. It's already 5 days late. What is the cause?
My 40 yrs old friend had unprotected sex on 17th november. Her partner did not ejaculate inside. She immediately popped ipill within 3hrs after act. Her periods were on 3rd november and are regular. She has been taking daily papaya twice a day. What are pregnancy chances? What is recommended dose of ipill?
Hi I had unprotected sex on 24th December 2016 at 2: 30 AM and took the I pill at 12: PM (that is within 6-12 hours )and I have my cycle on 14th every month but I get periods in 5 days after taking the pill. It didn't happen this time but today at 1: 30 PM I went to the washroom to pee and saw 2-3 blood spots in the pot and thought them to be my periods but after 20-25 minutes I went to the washroom again and there was no blood neither in the pot nor on the pad till now that is 4: PM. There are just 2-3 blood spots on the pad that is it. The flow on the first day is usually less but not as less as this. Is this implantation bleeding, what shall I do?
I had sex with my gf .i dint penetrate .even I dint touch my penis to her vagina .we were some times with cloths n without cloths .is there any chance of her to b pregnant .like if my sperm is on her hand and after sometimes to toucher her vagina .or by some means .i repeat I dint penetrate. N dint touch my penis ever to her vagina area. Can she b pregnant?
Hi I am 31 years old and want to conceive again after the gap of 5 years of my first kid. But after the age of 30 my periods flow is bit light as compare to my earlier periods flow but my periods last for 5 days and my cycle is also normal around 28-30 days. My concern is will im able to conceive normally and it does not affect the growth of child? Is there is any chance of risk due to my light flow of periods. I also take thyrox 100 for thyroid problem.
I am 24 years old and I will be taking the misoprostol pills for abortion tomorrow. My doctor did not prescribe any pain killers for the pain and I was completely unaware that the pain can be similar to labour pain. Request to suggest the suitable painkillers that can be taken without hampering the process of abortion. Also, kindly let me know if I can smoke after taking the pills. I know its bad for health and avoiding is best but does smoking hamper the process of successful abortion ?
The body needs time to repair itself. Lack of sleep can upset the body's metabolism and possibly hasten the onset of age-related conditions.