Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. PannuYour feedback matters!
Minimum age for lasik surgery. Limitation of the Surfer. Power of eye upto which this Surgery is useful.
I am having dry eyes. Moreover I am a sugar patient for the last over 20 years. My age is 66. As the watering is not there, I am using lubricating eye drops continuously. How long I have to use these drops. Is there any end to my problem doctor.
I am facing a problem of eye twitching for more than 1 week. Its uncomfortable and irritating. please suggest something to stop this. I am 25 years old.
I have pain in my eyes, my eyes become red, pain in head and I can not see from long distance properly. Then what should I do?
Hello Doctor, I am 22 year old and my eye sight is getting weaker. Its -3.25 for both eyes and around 0.25 decrease in the sight. I use contact lenses when I am outside and usually wear my spectacles at home. Help me in getting my vision back and stop it from decreasing further.
I have problem of nightblindness what are the effects n symptoms of this please provide steps for curing.
I am suffering from eyes infection that are red and got swelled and continuous water is coming out what to do ?
With technology at your fingertips, it is hard to think of times when the existence of laptops and television sets was unimaginable. Technology is common enough to be taken for granted in present times. TV and laptops are especially in widespread use. The primary reason could be entertainment, an urge to connect to the larger world, or the need to kill time. Such dependability leads to severe health hazards. Read on to find out more:
Effects of TV and laptops on your health:
- Sleep deprivation: Long hours of exposure to artificial light can lead to sleep deprivation.
- It can also lead to serious vision problems: Watching TV or using laptops for long hours can make your eyes vulnerable to constant glare. You fail to realize, but changing lights of a computer screen or of a television set in a dark room can be extremely strenuous for your eyes to adjust. Constantly changing lights can lead to glaucoma. However, dry and itchy eyes, headaches and poor vision are the commonly noticed effects.
- It causes obesity in children and adults: Since all your work can be done on the internet, you tend to become lethargic. You are too lazy to go to the market or to the bank. Even if you are not watching you use the television for background music. Adults therefore do not make qualitative use of their free time. Children are addicted to playing games and browsing sites on the laptop. They hardly indulge in outdoor games. This leads to obesity in adults and children all the same.
- Propels your desire to eat fast food or packaged food: Binge eating is a very common practice while watching TV or using laptops. Chips, pizzas, burgers, ice- creams, cold drinks and absolutely anything junk devoid of nutritional value are more liked by us. Junk food not only leads to weight gain but is also detrimental to our digestive system.
- Can increase the risk of infertility in men: Laptops heat up when used for a long span of time. This heat can increase scrotum temperature which results in reduced sperm production, leading to infertility.
As is said, nothing in excess is good for your health. It is therefore, best to make controlled use of TV and laptops to avoid its harmful effects.
Learn more to write at email@example.com