Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pankaj SarabYour feedback matters!
My daughter aged 1.5 years do not eat properly. For maintaining their interest in food we use to change her food items regularly but still she shows their non interest in it. Also she consume very less amount of water on daily basis. Please suggest appropriate solutions.
My 4 month old daughter is doing 5-6 stools coming out in form of bubbles and usually greenish yellow in colour sometimes with mucus is this any sort of infection as its been a month gvng her medicines.
She has rashes on her arms body neck and thigh. She does not have fever, no muscle pain. No itchiness of the rashes. One pulmonary doctor said it was a german measles. But when we consulted a pediatrician he said it was a non viral .
Sir I have one doubt for my son. He is 7 years old. His weight is 28 kg before 3 or 4 months ago. Suddenly he lost his more weight. Now he is 24 kg. I checked his weight before 2 months 26 kg. I really scared about his weight loss. So I consulted a doctor and scanned his stomach USC. That is normal. But still he lost his weight. What's the reason. Please suggest me.
Everybody desires to possess a beautiful smile but poor lifestyle and dietary habits tend to damage the natural white hue of your teeth and add a yellowish tinge to it. Yellowish and dull teeth are among the major factors that cause embarrassment and affect the quality of your beautiful smile.
The following are some foods that tend to damage your teeth:
- Potato chips: Potato chips are high in starch content and have the tendency to get stuck in your teeth. Floss thoroughly after eating potato chips to ensure effective removal of the food particles that get stuck in your teeth to lessen the risk of plaque build-up in it.
- Sticky food: Food which is sticky in nature often has the tendency to stick on to your teeth for longer than most other foods. Most dried fruits also fall under the category of sticky foods that can damage your teeth to a great extent. Rinse and floss on a regular basis after eating these foods to ensure protection of your teeth against damage.
- Wine: According to studies, wine has positive effect on your health when consumed moderately; however, it is also responsible for damaging your oral health. If you intake a glass of wine at night on a regular basis, it increases the risk of damaging your tooth enamel and leads to its discoloration. Wine can also affect the calcium content of your teeth, cause bad breath and may result in the imbalance of your mouth's pH level. It is advisable to drink small sips of wine without swishing it for a long time.
- Coffee and black tea: Black tea and caffeinated coffee tend to dry your mouth. Frequent consumption of tea and coffee tend to stain your teeth and it is responsible for the discoloration of your teeth. Make it a point to drink plenty of water to minimize the risk of teeth staining.
- Carbonated drinks: Most carbonated drinks, including diet soda and soft drinks are acidic in composition and therefore, harmful for the health of your teeth. Caffeinated beverages tend to dry out the mouth, therefore, ensure to drink adequate water to balance out the negative impact of the caffeine.
- Sports drinks: Most energy drinks and sports drinks are high in sugar content and thus, have the tendency to damage your oral hygiene; ultimately affecting the appearance of your teeth. Replace your sports drinks with fresh natural juice to lessen the risk of teeth damage.
I have twin - daughter & son. After birth, around 27 days old, they are given bath with til oil, johnson soap and powder after bath. But, it has been seen that they are looking dark in skin colour day by day. What will we do to regain their skin colour to fair? whether we change to coconut oil? will they regain skin fair colour?
My child age 01 year and 09 months sex male got fever 100 F yesterday. The doctor gave him Augmentin Duo Syrup (Amoxicillin 200mg + Potassium Clavulate 34 mg) he has taken three doses of it. Today his fever has gone upto 104.5 F and not getting down even with Crocin Syrup 120 mg with dose of 5ml at 5 pm then at 10 pm. It lowered to 102F for half hour and again raised to 104. We are continuly doing sponging. Pl guide. We again consulted doctor in hospital and he advised oflox oz and brufin junior, feva go. We have administered one dose of brufin junior half hour ago but no benefit.
I have vaccinated my son with HIB vaccine and hepatitis A vaccine yesterday. Today morning he had fever. Is that vaccine causes fever or he had any virus infection?
• It is less common in breastfed infants.
• Less exposure to sunlight.
• Dark skinned infants.
• Dietary deficiency of vitamin D.
• Chronic liver disease.
• Renal osteodystrophy.
• Calcium wasting.
SIGN AND SYMPTOMS:
– Prominent forehead.
– Delayed closing of anterior fontanels (normally closes by 6 months of age).
– Frequent rocking movement of the head.
– Temporary teeth usually appear late.
– Excessive sweating over the forehead.
– Beading of ribs (rachitic rosary), at the junction of the ribs and cartilages.
– Prominent sternum (Pigeon`s Breast).
• Spinal column:
– Patient has hump in the back (Kyphosis).
– Bow legs.
– Knock knees.
– Outwards curving of bones of forearm.
– Dwarfism in severe cases.
– Green stick fractures can occur in severe cases.
• Ligaments and muscles:
– Weakness of legs.
– Delayed walking and standing.
– Over extension of knee joints.
– Pot belly due to weakness of abdominal muscles.
• Digestive system:
– Indigestion due to liver and spleen affection.
• Nervous system:
– Restless at night.
– Rocking of head on the pillow.
– A predisposition to titanic convulsion.
• Respiratory system:
– Adenoid and tonsillar hypertrophy.
– Pharyngitis (inflammation of mucous lining of the pharynx).
– Triad of tetany.
– Laryngismus strides.
– Convulsion may be expected in low calcium type of rickets.
• Avoid bony injuries, to prevent factures.
• You should have sun bath for at least 1 – 2 hrs every day.
• Consume foods rich in vitamin D:
– Animal food: egg yolk and fish liver oils are riches source.
– Liver, veal, beef, oyster, salt water fish – mackerel, kipper, herrings, salmon, sardines and tuna.
– Dairy products like – cream, butter, cheese, fortified milk and margarines.
– Plant foods are low in vitamin D – vegetable oils, fruits, nuts and green leafy vegetables.
• Reduce calcium intake (reduce but do not completely avoid calcium as it is needed for maintenance of our body):-
– milk and sea food, nuts, green leafy vegetables, whole grains, peas, lotus stem, pulses, legumes and oil seeds
– Should avoid custard apple and banana as they are high in calcium.
• Breast feeding should be continued.
• You can take vitamin D supplements – cod liver oil, fortified milk.
• Consult physician if you have any of the above sigh and symptoms.
• Associated illness should be treated.
• Vitamin D injections can be injected under the guidance of your physician.
My daughter vitamin d was 9. Then she took 5 calcicoral pouches regularly and then she took 4 pouches once a week for month. After that she tested her vitmin d she had 25. 9. And now dr. Recommended architol injection 6 lkh unit. So it is safe or I continue with calcicoral. Last year also she had taken pouches but not completed course. Her weight is 25. 5and height is 133 cm. She is 10 years old
Chronic abdominal pain in children or recurrent abdominal pain is a multifactorial condition which may be the predominant clinical manifestation of a large number of NON ORGANIC DISORDERS, and rarely associated with ORGANIC DISEASE. The onset age is 4 to 6 years and ealy adolescence,with slight female predominance.
According to Rome Criteria.a symtom based diagnostic criteria,recurrent abdominal pain can be divided into 5. FUNCTIONAL GASTROINTESTINAL DISORDERS, FUNCTIONAL ABDOMINAL PAIN SYNDROME,IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME,FUNCTINAL DYSPEPSIA and ABDOMINAL MIGRAINE.
A successful treatment of FUNTIONAL GASTROINTESTINAL DISORDERS may include modification of physical and psychological stress factors,medication and dietary manipulations.
DR MOOL CHAND GUPTA