Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pankaj PatelYour feedback matters!
The skin is a delicate organ. And, it has to stand so much damage. From the sun to harsh chemicals in makeup and all of this can damage skin. As you grow old, so does your skin. The most common problem before the twenties is acne; red, painful bumps on skin that show up when you least wanted them. A good face wash and a topical cream would take care of that. But you start running out of luck when puberty ends and your 20s begin.
Changes start occurring as early as 20. Skin will change regardless of your external circumstances. Collagen production lowers by 1 per cent. The collagen provides for skin elasticity. When elasticity reduces gradually over time, your skin starts showing visible signs of aging. Even the skin's natural exfoliation process reduces in your 20s. Your skin has started the process towards aging while you are still young and in college!
You can keep the following tips in mind if you want to help your skin fight aging from your 20s:
- Study has found that there are five landmark ages for aging. The 20s is the first landmark. Natural production of antioxidants declines in your 20s. Hence, using products with ingredients like vitamin C, green tea concentrate, vitamin E and fruit acids can prove to be beneficial.
- Make salicylic, glycolic and lactic acids your best friends. Face washes with a 1% or 2% salicylic acid can help with breakouts. Peels rich in glycolic acid tightens skin and makes it glow. Lactic acid provides much needed moisture.
- Start using an eye cream in your 20s. The skin around your eyes are thinner than the rest of your face. Keeping it nourished and hydrated will prevent wrinkles.
- Don't forget to moisturise your neck. Your neck is an extension of your face. Your neck gets premature folds from looking down at phone screens too much. This is a modern problem; thus your neck needs care too.
- Don't smoke since smoking affects collagen production.
- Sunscreen is a must as you enter your 20s. Skin damage from sun exposure leads to premature aging. So keep applying sunscreen religiously! It will go a long way in keeping your skin youthful.
I'm having pain in both my breast and feel a lump in them. I can feel a paining lump in my armpit too. I have had a tuberculosis test and same symptoms wen I was about 8 yrs. It cured later. What to do.
It is a common knowledge that beer has health benefits when used in masks, scrubs, as conditioners, etc. This is reason good enough for even non-drinkers to stock up their fridges with cans of beer.
Here are a few ways by which we can use beer to make our skin and hair better:
1) Use beer as a conditioner - Beer happens to be an excellent conditioner. Mixing one cup warm beer with a teaspoon of jojoba oil makes a natural, non-greasy conditioner. Wash your hair with your regular shampoo and use this mix as a conditioner. The beer in it will give volume to your hair while jojoba oil will add shine and luster.
2) Use it for a face pack - Take two to three strawberries mash with a fork, add few drops of beer and make a paste. Rub this paste all over your face in a circular motion. Rinse after 15-20 minutes and apply moisturizer on your face.
3) Soak in beer laced water - Beer can be used in bubble bath too! Mix some soap with beer of your choice and add the mix to the running bath water. Soak in this water and feel your skin become soft and smooth.
4) Use beer as a hair-pack - Wash your hair with your usual shampoo. Now pour the mixture made of distilled water, beer, two teaspoon apple cider vinegar and few drops of essential oil (any scent), on your hair. Make sure it reaches the hair that is inside as well. Rinse this mixture with lukewarm water. You can do this once a month.
5) Get the beer glow - Take half a teaspoon of beer, one egg white and a drop of almond extract. Whisk them together and keep aside. On your washed and dried face, apply the mask and let it dry until your skin feels tight. Wash it off with lukewarm water.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over Whatsapp, Facebook and other media.