Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Pankaj J ShahYour feedback matters!
I'm on yaz, after taking my last inactive pill tonight, I did not get my period yet. I had unprotected sex two days ago and yesterday I drank an emergency contraceptive (norlovo). I'm freaking out. Will it be normal to skip a period because of the timing, do I continue tomorrow with my active pills? Do I need to worry about pregnancy?
I'm 25 years old unmarried girl (weight 33 kg. I have cyst in my right Overy which measures 5 cm. Doctor advised me to remove cyst by laparoscopy. I have used endosis tablets for 3 months. But there is no charge in size. If I remove cyst by laparoscopy, is it affect pregnancy?
I got married in 2014. And now after 2 years of marriage, I don't have any child, after than I was told by someone to go through the HSA, and in report azoospermia was shown. Now I want to know that can azoospermia be treated.
Do sperm pass through clothing to impregnate a girl? Cummed while humping in underwear. Wearing boxer and jeans as well? Is pregnancy possible? Any registered cases of pregnancy where a girl got pregnant from sex with cloths on?
Hi, I delivered a baby one and half year back and now I stopped lactating too but still my periods were not regular. I got my periods during may month and that too only after taking tablets. It's almost four months now that I didn't get periods. I have also done family planning operation after second delivery. So I am not pregnant. Please suggest.
It has been since 4 days I had asked a question about irregular periods. But none responded. Irregular periods are cannot be solved with the doctors?
Infection caused in the kidneys, bladder, urethra or the ureters is known as urinary tract infection. According to doctors, women are generally more at risk of suffering from this condition than men.
Some of the causes which contribute to the development of this infection are:
- Invasion of bacteria: Like any other infection, one of the causes of urinary tract infection is the invasion of the bacteria Escherichia coli in the bladder. This type of bacteria is most commonly found in the gastrointestinal tract and is most often held responsible for urinary tract infection.
- Spreading of the bacteria from anus to urethra: The spread of the gastrointestinal bacteria from the anus to the urethra leads to the infection of the urethra thereby causing urinary tract infection.
Some of the symptoms of urinary tract infection are:
- A nagging urge to urinate: One of the most predominant symptoms of urinary tract infection is a persistent, nagging urge to urinate. You would know your urinary tract is infected when you feel the urgency to urinate extremely frequently.
- There is a burning sensation when you urinate: The symptoms of urinary infection are extremely visible and are felt intensely by the one suffering from it. If you feel a burning sensation while urinating, chances are extremely high that you are suffering from urinary tract infection.
- Red colored urine: Sometimes your urine may contain perceptible amount of blood in them. In most cases, presence of blood in urine is a definite sign of urinary tract infection.
- Foul smelled urine: An internal infection in the urinary tract manifests itself in different ways. One of the chief symptoms of this infection is discharging foul smelling urine.
- Pain in the pelvic area: Women who suffer from urinary tract infection experience excruciating pain near the pelvic area, sometimes extending to the pubic bone.
Dear Doctor My wufe is aged 48 now she is getting her period after a gap of 3 months and the latest period she got was after a gap of almost 3 month and it continues for 15 days which is very irritating request your valuable advise on this matter.
I have family History in diabetes and I am newly married and planning for a baby. What are things I should take CARE off while planning.
I married recently my wife 2nd itself created problem n told me I am avoiding I am not taking care of her n while sleeping I should turn to her side n sleep. 3rd I was suffering from severe headache she disturbed me n I told don't disturb for that she cried. Yesterday while from out of station my wife elder brother asked her any good news I told to my wife hello this is not joke intercourse I have done it vil take time, but she is not listening n she want baby immediately. Please give me gud answer for intercourse so that I vil show to my wife.
5 things you should know about menstrual cups
Every day, we see a new thing which makes our life easier and comfortable and menstrual cup is one such thing that makes the life of a woman much easier during those difficult days.
1. Safe and cost effective: these are safe to use and there is no harm or side effects attached to it. You don't have to worry of the hygiene of these cups. These cups have the capacity to hold 30-40 ml of fluid. Tampons and pads are use-and-through and that's why it involves higher cost whereas menstrual cups can be used a number of times which makes it cost-effective.
2. Flexible and reusable: it's a flexible cup which is worn inside vegina where all fluid gets collected. It doesn't absorb the fluid like tampons but only collects it. Unlike tampons, menstrual cups are reusable. You can remove it, throw the fluid and then refix it.
3. Breaking of the seal: you must not use it without breaking the seal. It will be very uncomfortable if the seal is not broken. You will hear a pop voice when the seal gets broken. So, just be careful about this.
4. How to remove: while removing it, it must be pushed downwards just like a bowel movement or push at the time of childbirth otherwise you might face a bit of difficulty but when you have a prior knowledge of how to remove it, it will make things easier for you.
5. Time period: unlike tampons and pads, menstrual cups can be used for a longer period. Time period could go up to 12 hours. So, in a way, it saves your time, energy and is very convenient and easily manageable too.
It's been 1 month 17 days up i'm not getting period pregnancy test negative but experiencing urine infection and backache severe pimples and sometimes mild chakkar. What should I do?
I am 25 yrs old, I had taken unwanted 72 tablet n after 1 week I started bleeding but I am sure its was not usual bleeding which occurs every month, please help me understand what was that, had I got pregnant?
The word ‘ vitamine’ meaning a vital amine was proposed by a polish researcher, Dr. Cacimir funk, in 1911 to designate a new food substance which cured beri-beri. Other terms were proposed as new factors were discovered. But the word vitamin, with the final ‘e’ dropped, met with popular favour.
Vitamins are potent organic compounds which are found in small concentrations in foods. They perform specific and vital functions in the body chemistry. They are like electric sparks which help to run human motors. Except for a few exceptions, they cannot be manufactured or synthesized by the organism and their absence or improper absorption results in specific deficiency disease. It is not possible to sustain life without all the essential vitamins. In their natural state they are found in minute quantities in organic foods. We must obtain them from these foods or in dietary supplements.
Vitamins, which are of several kinds, differ from each other in physiological function, in chemical structure and in their distribution in food. They are broadly divided into two categories, namely, fat-soluble and water-soluble. Vitamins a, d, e and k are all soluble in fat and fat solvents and are therefore, known as fat-soluble. They are not easily lost by ordinary cooking methods and they can be stored in the body to some extent, mostly in the liver. They are measured in international units. Vitamin b complex and c are water soluble. They are dissolved easily in cooking water. A portion of these vitamins may actually be destroyed by heating.
They cannot be stored in body and hence they have to be taken daily in foods. Any extra quantity taken in any one day is eliminated as waste. Their values are given in milligrams and micrograms, whichever is appropriate.
Vitamins, used therapeutically, can be of immense help in fighting disease and speeding recovery. They can be used in two ways, namely, correcting deficiencies and treating disease in place of drugs. Latest researches indicate that many vitamins taken in large doses far above the actual nutritional needs, can have a miraculous healing effect in a wide range of common complaints and illnesses. Vitamin therapy has a distinct advantage over drug therapy. While drugs are always toxic and have many undesirable side effects, vitamins, as a rule are non-toxic and safe.