Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Pallak ShrafYour feedback matters!
Dizziness or vertigo is a feeling of being off centre, which makes a patient feel like there is lack of balance. This is especially apparent when one is at a height or while wearing footwear with high heels. It may be caused due to a variety of causes, and ear problems are one of the primary causes of this kind of dizziness.
Let us take a look at the various ear problems and how they can cause dizziness or vertigo:
- Infection: The bacteria or virus that causes cold and loose motions can also cause an ear infection. This can give rise to temporary vertigo which may last up to six weeks or more. Dizziness or vertigo happens in such cases because the viral effect spreads to the inner ear which causes a ringing and off balance sensation. The general physician or ENT specialist will usually prescribe a round of medicines only if the condition becomes too severe to handle.
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo: This kind of dizziness is also known as BPPV and may be caused due to the motion of a calcium particle known as otolith, in the ear. This can cause a fluttering movement that gives the sensation of falling down or losing balance. This usually takes place in the part of the ear that catches the sensation of gravity. The movement of the otolith can make the patient feel as if his or her head is turning or swaying, while in reality the patient may be stationery. This problem can be fixed with the help of a two minute therapy known as Epley Manoeuvre, which can be conducted easily in the ENT specialist's clinic.
- Meniere's Disease: There is actually a specific condition that is characterised primarily by dizzy spells and vertigo. The other symptoms of this ear bone condition include ringing of the ears, loss of hearing, and the feeling of fullness or pressure build up in the ears. This can be fixed with therapy and drugs as well as hearing loss aids.
- Dandy's Syndrome: This is an ear condition where the patient constantly feels like he or she is bouncing up and down. This condition hits patients who are on antibiotic medication for any kind of infection, and it subsides once the medication is done with. It occurs in such cases because certain kinds of antibiotics may be toxic for the ear. One may also see natural improvement in the condition over the passage of time.
- Tumours: Other reasons like tumours and strokes can also cause vertigo on a temporary or permanent basis.
Dizziness due to ear problems can be due to a number of mild to severe reasons. It is best to get these causes checked.
Throat culture test is possible in hospital? Because no antibiotic works for my sore throat. This is my 4 th antibiotic course. I worried to much.
I feel like something is stuck in my throat. I can not burp when I lie down. But when I sit straight, gas comes out. And it has been like 1.5 months now. But now its starting to pain. What is the reason? But sometime when I burp, food comes out. Also very rarely when I burp sometimes. I can feel pain on my chest. What is happening? Am I dying? Is it severe? Is it serious?
There is syste near left side of the throat and it is painless. However I am feeling unease ness and always mind is concentrating on it. Is there any remedy to remove it or to dissolve it.
I am having cough from last few days now its turned up in fever and running nose with a lot pain in my body muscles also there is a sore throat. Please advice me what should I do?
Sir I have a problem of snoring due to give bone of my nose and also feel unhealthy for breathing and have cold.
My daughter (7 years) is suffering from adenoids. We had a surgery in the month May 2015 and was alright. Now in the month of November 2015 onwards she is complaining ear pain and formed BUZZ and went to doctor and prescribed SIZON tablet in the night and after a month while doing buzz culture test and it comes staphylococcus virus comes negative and treated with CADLIZO tablet (Linezolid) and became alright and entire buzz vanished and good for a month. Now from 2 weeks back she started the same and buzz formed again and SIZON tablet prescribed and complaining ear pain also. Could you please help in what may be wrong and suggest need to do any further diagnosis?
There is a tradition in a lot of families to clean ears regularly with ear buds or q tips and those who don't do it are many times considered unhygienic. But it may risk hearing ability. Inside ear is a very delicate structure and is likely to be damaged easily even with trivial trauma.
First, we must understand that wax has a useful role to play in the ear, it lubricates protects and renders antiseptic property. Ears without wax feel dry and itchy. Wax is self-cleaned from our ear canal propagated by movements of the jaw. So most of the times there is never any need to clean wax from inside the ears. The only external surface of the ear should be cleaned with a cloth.
Many times attempts to clean ears with ear buds results in injury to the delicate skin of ear canal and even worse it may injure the eardrum or if there is a wax chunk it may push deep into the eardrums.
Earwax needs to cleaned only when it obstructs the sound pathway to ear drum. When there is a feeling of fullness or blockage or plugged, there is a partial hearing loss there is ringing in the ears or tinnitus or noise in the ear or there is itching or odour in the ear.
Many times home remedies are useful to remove ear wax like instilling drops of mineral oil glycerine or commercially available drops. If not successful then it should be removed by ent surgeon. Ent surgeon may wash earwax out with warm water or saline. Sometimes ent surgeon may remove wax by suction or microinstruments under a microscope. There is no proven remedy for frequent wax impaction but it is very important to avoid inserting any object inside the ear to clean wax. Those who get frequent wax impaction or using hearing aids may need to see ent surgeon every 6 to 12 months to clean wax regularly.