Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Padmini S GharpureYour feedback matters!
I do flossing and mouthwash daily once and brushing twice. Please let me know if this figure is enough for my teeth to last longer without any problem and what time is best to do flossing and mouthwash if I do them only once daily. Thank you.
Hello Doctor, I am suffering from tooth pain due to which I am getting pain in my head on the right side. Kindly prescribe a medicine to get complete relief. I AM IN MY FIRST MONTH OF PREGNANCY.
Hi My saliva is yellowish or sometimes dark red after waking up from sleep. I feel gum inflammation when I eat something spicy .I feel like my gums are weak but I have taken two tablets (Mox 500 and nor metrogyl) two times then I did not get that bloody saliva so I left those medicine but after 3-4 days it again started .please tell me the reason and treatment for the same.
My teeth r blackish. Means there r black spots on my teeth. What should I do to get a healthy and totally white teeth?
I am 23 years old. My teeth use having little bit of spaces and they are little bit of uneven for top teeth. I was unable to laugh properly. I am going abroad after 2-3 months. Can I have braces for my teeth. How much time will it take to adjust my teeth.
Dear Sir / Madam i am 21yrs old. From the past 2 years am suffering from sensitivity, now a days am not able to use my left jaws for eating hard foods. Even though am not able explain the feeling that am experiencing. Please help me to get rid of this.
I am 33 years old male. I have behcet? s disease from last 3 months. What should I do for best precaution?
Dental problems can be very painful and take the smile off your face completely. Those who have experienced sensitivity would vouch for it. It just will not allow you to enjoy the hot coffee or a favourite sweet or a cold smoothie. The pain that shoots down the tooth after any of these would leave the person shuddering.
The tooth has 3 layers, from the outside in these are the enamel, the dentin and the pulp. The outermost enamel is mineralized and the hardest structure in the body. The next layer, dentin, has fine tubules and when the enamel is worn off exposing the dentin, sensitivity sets in. The enamel is thinner in some portions of the tooth like the neck and the roots, therefore sensitivity onset is quicker in these areas.
Some of the common reasons for sensitivity are listed below:
- Tooth decay: As caries progresses from enamel to dentin, sensitivity sets in, especially to hot and cold foods.
- Wear and tear: Excessive brushing of teeth can lead to wearing of teeth, especially near the neck areas, leading to loss of enamel and resulting in sensitivity.
- Dental damage: Chipped or broken tooth can lead to sensitivity.
- Gingival disease: This leads to loss of gum cover over the tooth, leading to exposure of dentin and therefore sensitivity.
- Bruxism: Clenching of teeth, common in people with high levels of stress, can lead to enamel wearing and subsequent sensitivity.
- Dental treatment: Some dental procedures like scaling, crowns, root planing, and some fillings can cause transient sensitivity.
- Highly acidic food items: Citrus fruits, tomatoes, tea, etc. can lead to tooth sensitivity.
- Bleaching agents: Most tooth whitening agents result in sensitive teeth.
- Excessive use of mouthwash: The mouth rinses contain high amount of alcohol which can also lead to tooth sensitivity.
Management: As with all health conditions, the first step in management is to identify the problem. Whether it is dental decay or recent dental treatment, food habits or tooth whitening agents, the cause needs to be identified and then treatment begun accordingly.
- For lost enamel, be it decay or damage, the tooth again needs to be restored to its original form to cover the dentinal tubules and reduce sensitivity.
- For habits, be it food related or bruxism, in addition to treating the tooth, the habit per se needs to be addressed to prevent recurrence.
- For associated dental products like whitening agents or mouth rinses, talk to a dentist to switch to a less harmful product.
- De-sensitizing pastes are also available that can be used on a regular basis to reduce the problem.
Tooth sensitivity is annoying but there are ways to manage it effectively.
I have a bad breath. I smoke too. If i stop smoking for a week, still i have bad breath. So please give me reasons and solution to stop the bad breath ?
I am suffering from fever for last 2 day , I take medicine but my mouth test is change completely. . So plss suggest me.
Hello dear doctor Meri tongue saaf nhi rehti, when I get get up in the morning. Whole tongue white hoti hai, white coated hoti hai, mujhe natural saaf rakhne k liye koi remedies btao.
Can you get a kidney infection from a tooth infection? is it possible for an infection in a tooth to spread to a kidney?
Researchers have shown people with gum diseases are twice as likely to suffer from heart problems than others.