Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. P N KelkarYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, I had my ovary cyst on my right side it was 6 mm in the month of August. Before that my doctor (Gy) gave me "siphene 100gm" tablet to take for 5 days, she suggest me to take from 2nd day of my menstrual day, September month when I did my scan my cyst was reduce to 4.5 mm, but in October it's become 10. 3 mm. Doctor asked me to take birth control pills but I am trying to get pregnant. So there is any other way that I can do without operation and without birth control pills. Can I get a pregnant during cyst in ovary? please suggest me.
Working in night shift how to manage the daytime what to do and what to eat and when to sleep Thanks.
I am 77+, a know case of diabetes 2& bp, both under control with amryl m, 1mg twice a day for sugar & benitech a, 1tab in morning only for bp. My blood sugar fasting is below 100 but pp is above 175-225pl. From the results of test package from thyrocare dt. 24. 04. 15, I notice few abnormalities, namely hba1c which used to vary from 5. 8 -6. 24, has shot up to 6. 8, tlc is 9. 91, trbc -4. 35, red cell distr width -47. 9 etc etc the most disturbing results got done for 1st time are amylese 155. 2u/l & lipase 151. 8u/l hdl is 32, alkaline phos is 41. 5 pl. Advise specifically about aylase & lipase as the results are much higher than normal range, likely reasons for same & treatment or further investigations if any & how serious is the problem?
I have headache for 3 days. I am a graduate student. I read very much. Then at night my headache was started. What should I do？
Nausea can result from a variety of reasons. While the most cases arise from a hangover, it can also be a result of cancer treatment, patients fresh out of surgery and such other instances. A great degree of environmental changes is necessary such as keeping a cool temperature in the room or staying away from nausea triggering smell. Food also plays great strokes in curbing nausea. Here is a list of 10 best foods that helps to fight nausea:
- Apple: Fruits with high fiber content goes a long way in eradicating chemicals that are responsible for causing nausea. Apple is definitely one of them. Consumption of a whole apple can ensure that nausea can’t set in.
- Crackers: Crackers such as toast, saltines and bread helps the stomach to settle down and effectively absorbs the acid from the stomach. Keeping a few crackers close to the bed or office bag can come real handy in fighting nausea.
- Lemon: Lemons are a great agent that effectively blocks nausea and fight morning sickness. This can be consumed along with food, drink in the form of juice or simply sucking on it. Not to mention they are a great source of vitamin C.
- Ginger: Ginger is a jack of all trade and master of many. Apart from its enormous nutritional value, it helps a person to fight nausea. This is recommended by Doctors for a patient undergoing chemotherapy or radiation. They can be consumed along with tea, in food or as a whole.
- Water: Although water may not be a preferred choice for many during nausea, but it is one of the best agents to fight nausea. It not only keeps the body hydrated but negates acid formation in the stomach. Small sips of water after every half an hour can pay rich dividends in fighting nausea.
- Nuts: At times the body suffers from nausea due to lack of protein and nuts contain plenty of them. Even peanut better will serve the same purpose. They ensure that the body is at the threshold of the energy level and keep nausea at bay.
- Chicken broth: The Chicken broth is known to help individuals who have a tendency of suffering from nausea. Since broth is prepared of bouillon cubes, they greatly help in absorbing acid from the stomach.
- Banana: Bananas are a great source of potassium which becomes essential in cases when a patient is suffering from diseases such as diarrhea. Due to their heavy sugar content banana effectively fights nausea.
- Mint: Mint is refreshing for people at any state of mint. Simply chewing a mint leave or preparing a glass of juice from mint can effectively fight nausea.
- Chilled food: Contrary to the popular belief chilled foods can effectively counter nausea. They have the double benefit of keeping the stomach temperature under control and easy digestion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.