Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. P C ShahYour feedback matters!
I have itching in my vagina for last 3-4 days. Have been applying candid-b at night but the problem has not completely gone.
Please give me precaution to be taken during sex to avoid pregnancy other than condom. I personally use Durex condom during sex.
Increasing weight will affect getting pregnant. If so what is the reason. My height is 158 cm wait 61.3 kg age 27. Married for five months. My BMI is 24.56. Will it affect from getting pregnant.
Around 2 weeks back at the time of bathing my friend noticed some white liquid is in her nipple. Now she is suffering from very high fever. But with in 17 days her periods is also started. Is there anything wrong or just the side effects of the medicines?
I had unprotected sex on 7th feb and my last periods finished on 6th Feb. I also took unwanted 72 pill after unprotected sex. What is the side effect of unwanted 72 pill? I am bleeding slightly after 5 days of taking the pill. Is there any reason to worry about. Is this bleeding a sign of pregnancy?
Androgenic alopecia is a typical type of hair loss in both men and women. In men, this condition is also called as, Male Pattern Baldness. Hair is lost in an all around characterized pattern, starting above both temples. After some time, the hairline recedes to frame a characteristic "M" shape. Hair additionally thins at the crown (close to the top of the head), regularly advancing to partial or Complete Baldness.
The pattern of Hair Loss in women contrasts from male pattern baldness. In women, the hair winds up plainly more slender everywhere throughout the head, and the hairline does not recede. Androgenic Alopecia in women occasionally prompts add up to total baldness.
Androgenic alopecia in men has been, related with a many other medicinal conditions including coronary illness and growth of the prostate. Moreover, Prostate Cancer, Disorder of Insulin Resistance, (for example, diabetes and Obesity), and High Blood Pressure (hypertension) have been identified with Androgenic Alopecia. In women, this type of hair loss is, related with an expanded risk of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS). PCOS is, portrayed by a hormonal imbalance that can prompt sporadic Menstruation, Acne, Abundance hair somewhere else on the body (Hirsutism), and Weight Gain.
Androgenic Alopecia is an incessant reason for hair loss in both men and women. This type of hair loss influences an expected 50 million men and 30 million women in the United States. Androgenic Alopecia can begin in teenage also and risk increments with age; more than 50 percent of men over age 50 have some level of hair loss. In women, hair loss is no doubt after menopause.
Causes of Androgenic Alopecia
Change in Genetics
An assortment of hereditary and natural components likely, assume a part in causing Androgenic Alopecia. In spite of the fact that scientists are contemplating risk considers that may add to this condition, a large portion of these elements stay obscure. Scientists have discovered that this type of hair loss is, identified with hormones called Androgens, especially an Androgen called Dihydrotestosterone. Androgens are critical for ordinary male sexual development before birth and during puberty. Androgens likewise have other critical functions in both males and females, for example, controlling Hair Growth and Sex Drive.
Hair Growth initiates under the skin in structures called Follicles. Each strand of hair typically develops for 2 to 6 years, goes into a resting stage for many months, and afterward drops out. The cycle begins once again when the follicle starts growing another hair. Increased levels of Androgens in hair follicles can prompt a shorter cycle of hair growth and the growth of shorter and thinner strands of hair. Moreover,
To replace strands, which are shed off there is a deferral in the growth of new hair.
In spite of the fact that Researchers speculate that several Genes play a part in Androgenic Alopecia, varieties in just a single Gene, Androgen Receptor, have been affirmed in Scientific Studies. The Androgen Receptor Gene gives directions to making a protein called an Androgen Receptor. Androgen Receptors enable the body to react fittingly to Dihydrotestosterone and different Androgens. Studies propose that varieties in the Androgen Receptor Gene prompt expanded action of Androgen Receptors in hair follicles. It stays misty, nevertheless, how these hereditary changes increment the risk of Hair Loss in Men and Women with Androgenic Alopecia.
Researchers keep on investigating the association between Androgenic Alopecia and other medical conditions, for example, Heart Disease and Prostate Cancer in men and Polycystic Ovary disorder in Women. They trust that some of these disorders might be, related with elevated Androgen Levels, which may assist to describe why they have a tendency to happen with Androgen related Hair Loss. Other hormonal, natural, and hereditary components that have not been, recognized likewise might be included.
The Inheritance Pattern of Androgenic Alopecia is hazy in light of the fact that numerous hereditary and natural components are probably going to be included. This condition tends to cluster in families, in any case, and having a nearby relative with patterned hair loss has all the earmark of being a risk calculate for developing the condition.
Notwithstanding Male Pattern Baldness, Androgenic Alopecia in men has been, related with a few other therapeutic conditions including Coronary Heart Illness and augmentation of the Prostate. Moreover, Prostate Cancer, Disorders of Insulin Resistance, (for example, Diabetes and Obesity), and High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) have been identified with Androgenic Alopecia in men. In women, Androgenic Alopecia is, related with an expanded risk of Polycystic Ovary Disorder (PCOS) which is, described by a hormonal imbalance that can prompt sporadic Menstruation, Acne, Excess body hair (Hirsutism), and Weight Gain.
The Human Phenotype Ontology (HPO) gives the accompanying list of components that have been, reported in individuals with this condition. A significant part of the data in the HPO originates from Orphanet, a European uncommon disease database. On the off chance that accessible, the rundown incorporates an unpleasant gauge of how regular a component is (its recurrence). Frequencies depend on a particular study and may not be illustrative of all studies.
What is Genetic Testing?
Genetic testing is a sort of therapeutic test that distinguishes changes in chromosomes, genes, or proteins. The consequences of a genetic test can affirm or preclude a speculated genetic condition or help decide a person’s chance of creating or passing on a genetic disorder. More than 1,000 genetic tests are at present used and more are being, developed.
Various techniques can be, utilized for Genetic Testing:
Molecular Genetic Tests (or Gene Tests) ponder single genes or short lengths of DNA to distinguish varieties or transformations that prompt a Genetic disorder.
- Chromosomal Genetic Tests analyze entire chromosomes or long lengths of DNA to check whether there are expansive Genetic changes, for example, an additional copy of a chromosome, that cause a genetic condition.
- Biochemical Genetic Tests contemplate the sum or action level of proteins; variations from the norm in either can demonstrate changes to the DNA that outcome in a Genetic Disorder.
Genetic testing is intentional. Since, testing has benefits and in addition restrictions and risks, the choice about whether to be tested is an individual and complex one. A Geneticist or Genetic Counselor can help by giving data about the advantages and disadvantages of the test and examining the social and enthusiastic parts of testing.
Each patient is exceptional and just the Doctor can assess and decide the Best Treatment.
Surgical Treatment of Androgenic Alopecia has great restorative outcomes. The principle issue is covering the Bald area with Donor Plugs (or follicles) adequate in number to be powerful. Micrografting produces a more Natural appearance than the old method of Transplanting Plugs.
It is critical for the patients with Androgenic Alopecia to be assessed for treatable reasons for "Telogen Effluvium" (diffuse Hair Shedding, frequently beginning abruptly) like anemia or hypothyroidism, particularly in patients who had a quick advance of their illness or a sudden begin of the sickness.
Different Names of Androgenic Alopecia
Female Pattern Baldness
Male Pattern Alopecia
For an expecting mother, nothing is more important than the safety and well-being of her unborn child. With due care, a mom-to-be can prevent complications that may arise in pregnancy by avoiding certain potential risks. Read on to find out the 5 things pregnant women must avoid at all costs in order to have a safe pregnancy.
1. Caffeine: It’s wise to avoid coffee, tea or even sodas that contain caffeine, as it can adversely affect the baby’s heart rate. Some studies go on to suggest that the consumption of caffeine may even increase the risk of miscarriages. Not only that, the intake of caffeine by the mother can increase the chances of the baby getting diabetes. So anything that contains caffeine must be avoided at all costs.
2. Abdominal X-rays: Abdominal X-rays during pregnancy are a big no. This kind of X-ray exposes the abdomen of the mother, and the baby as a consequence, to high levels of radiation, which can cause changes in the baby’s rapidly growing cells. As a result, the baby’s chances of suffering from birth defects or certain cancers, such as leukaemia later on in life, increase rapidly. It is best to avoid X-rays until absolutely necessary. However, you must avoid self meditation.
3. Heavy Exercising: While moderate exercising during pregnancy is very healthy for both the baby and the mother, extreme exercising can give rise to quite a few complications. Exercises, which cause the heart rate of the mother to exceed the mark of 160 bpm (beats per minute) may result in the supply of less oxygen to the baby. This can lead to foetal hypoxia, a condition in which the supply of oxygen to the brain of the baby is restricted, resulting in brain damage. Exercises that must be avoided include abdominal crunches, exercises that hurt the mother’s joints or strain her back or which require her to hold her breath for too long.
4. Alcohol: All types of alcohol must be avoided during pregnancy. Consumption of alcohol during these 9 months has been associated with several birth defects such as poor growth, learning disabilities and mental retardation. In worst case scenarios, excessive alcohol consumption during pregnancy can lead to what is known as Foetal Alcohol Syndrome or FAS, which severely affects the mental development and physical growth of the unborn child, particularly of the face and skull. Also, you must quit smoking.
5. Stress: Stress can trigger various health problems, which can be bad for both the baby and the mother. Studies have revealed the emotional environment of the mother is experienced by the baby as well. In fact, a particular study has shown that any kind of stress, whether it be work related or stress caused by strain in relationships, can affect the mental development of the child. This as result can lead to the child developing certain behavioural disorders such as fears and phobias, which remain way into his adulthood. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I m 27 male, during my first time of intercourse I didn't get perfect erection, is this because of nervousness or some other problem?
Hi doctor I'm not pregnant now but not getting periods now took infertility medicines and injection but not pregnant so I want to leave this medicines doctor told you will be conceive naturally but you have to reduce weight then I get pregnant quickly so I think I have to reduce 6 kg so I can take 3 cycles yamini 21 tablets for hormones balance please tell me I already took 2 cycles last year doctor only prescribed so now I can take? Height 155 cm Weight 61 kg Age 24 Please reply me.
I have only one healthy fallopian tube and other one is repaired due to ectopic pregnancy but after 1 year when I want to conceive I am unable to conceive from last three months pls advise what medication should I follow.
How ectopic pregnancy raptures? If any kind of large kick can rapture that's pregnancy or fallopian tube & it can lead to death?
How emotions affect our health.
You are not a drop in the ocean but an ocean in every drop.
What did he mean by that. Every cell in our body is intelligent to think and act. We have 60 trillion cellsy in our body and our health depends a lot on the harmonic balance and cohesion of the cells with each other.
- In the movie eat, pray love, julia roberts visits a wise man in bali, and he advises her not to try too hard to meditate. In fact he suggests that meditation is nothing but smiling and the line that is a kicker, is" smile with your liver"
- If you believe that this is just a metaphor, lets look at the other end of the spectrum to prove just how crucial this is.
- Let us say you hold a negative emotion towards somebody, something or some event in your life. Each time you think of that your whole body re-lives the emotional upheaval of that association.
- Your mind doesn't have a mind of its own, and doesn't know if the event is happening in real time or it is being replayed. So it produces the same stress hormones. Each and every cell of your body starts feeling the same emotion of let us say" hatred" towards that event, person or experience all over again.
- The body is not at ease. This is a state where the condition of dis-ease sets in.
- If you continue to live in that state, your cells are now getting conditioned to live in the same state.
- The upanishads talk about *" yatha pinde tatha brahmande"* as is the atom so is the universe.
- Health of a person, depends on how well all the systems of the body and the *60 trillion cells* play the melody of harmony together.
- When the cells are living in a state of hatred, they soon start exhibiting that with each other and killing healthy cells in the body. This leads to many forms of auto immune disease.
- Like rumi said. You are not a drop in the ocean, you are an ocean in every drop.
- Be careful of your thoughts, your feelings and your emotions.
- Forgive people, not because they deserve it, but because you need it. Stay happy, stay healthy.
Hi doctor I had my physical relationship with my bf without taking any precautions on 7 april I took ipill on 9th april after that I did same for 8 days on 16th april after having sex I got bleed nd had periods immediately I took I pill and for ten days but I have not got periods but today is 28 may I have not got periods I am too much worried about that.
I am 39 years old. Without condom myself and my wife intercourse. We didn't take any precautions while intercourse. Already we have kids. What is the way to avoid embryo formation.
Hi , I had unprotected sex with my gf on 12 of march 2016. My gf period was 6 th of March. But she was missed the period of April month nw almost 40 days over. I have doubt she may got pregnant. How to check the pregnant. If in case she is pregnant means what are possibility to cure that one please help me.
Dear Dr. What are the chances that through partner I can have uti infection. How to prevent it? Secondly, I have heard that eating too much lemon have adverse effect on sex life. I love lemons and I eat half lemon / day. Is it true?
I am 28 years old married woman with no kids. Every month on 2nd day of my period I have bad pain that I have to take 2 painkillers a day. Please tell me is it something to be worried about and what should I do to reduce it ?
For a mother, a miscarriage is the last thing she would want to hear. It can pin her down psychologically, leading to trauma and stress in unfathomable measures. To understand miscarriage better, it is a condition wherein there is a loss of pregnancy within the first 22 weeks of getting pregnant. The primary symptom of a miscarriage is bleeding from the vagina. So if you experience vaginal bleeding during this phase, then consult a doctor for further guidance.
Why do they occur?
There are many reasons as to why a miscarriage may occur and no study has been able to put a finger on any one specific cause. Having said that, miscarriages are mainly caused due to the presence of unusual chromosomes in the baby. Chromosomes are genetic material that directs the growth and development of a baby. Chromosomes present in either excess numbers or less can hinder the development of the baby. If the miscarriage occurs during the second trimester (14th to 26th week), then it can be accrued to a health anomaly in the mother. A miscarriage may also occur because of a weak cervix as a weak cervix will not be able to hold a pregnancy. This condition is called cervical insufficiency and occurs when the woman is in her second trimester.
Is it possible to prevent them?
In most cases, miscarriages cannot be prevented. For women who have suffered multiple miscarriages, multiple medications might be required to help with their subsequent pregnancies. Following a healthy lifestyle is recommended as it can minimize the risk of a miscarriage. One must abstain from smoking and substance abuse and limit consumption of alcohol in order to keep the body in optimal condition. It is advised to maintain optimal weight levels and eat a well-balanced diet.
A miscarriage is a very traumatic experience for a mother to be; it can be emotionally debilitating. That is the reason counseling can help in times such as these. Start planning for a baby only once the symptoms have subsided and you have also had a period post the miscarriage. It is important to make sure that you are physically and emotionally ready to have a baby. Remember, a miscarriage doesn’t mean the end of the world. One can enjoy a fully healthy and a successful pregnancy even after a miscarriage.