Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
I have a problem of bad breath, but it is not coming from mouth as it's always kept clean. Is this any sign of any digestive tract related problems?
I need to have a tooth implant in place of a milk tooth, I want to inquire about the procedure and budget.
My teeth become yellow in colour, due to florida quantity more in drinking water. Suggest me some treatment so that my teeth looks can be improved.
Mild to severe tooth pain can turn out to be debilitating and damaging condition if it is persistent. Also, the pain can spread to the rest of the head and give you an uncomfortable ache and tingling sensation all day long. So what are the causes behind tooth pain? Here's our list!
- Tooth Decay: The presence of food debris that has not been cleaned out can stay on and cause cavities and persistent tooth pain. This condition can also make the teeth extra sensitive and pain then emanates as a natural response to signify that all is not well in the area. This can also lead to sharp pain when bite an apple or munch on nuts. One must see a dentist for this kind of pain so that scaling and plaque removal can take place.
- Injury: If there is persistent, throbbing pain after eating something that is too hot or too cold, then it might be more than mere tooth sensitivity. This condition could also point at chipped, broken or cracked teeth due to excessive teeth grinding or a fall or accident. It could also be caused due to sports injury. The dentist will usually take a dental X ray to find the cause of the pain and to unravel the extent of the damage as well.
- Inflammation: Constant pain may also point at inflammation of the pulp. This may be caused due to damaged roots. If this kind of inflammation comes with bleeding and fever, then you must see a dentist immediately. It can also mean that the pulp or root of the tooth is dying, in which case a root canal may be required.
- Sinus: A dull ache in the sinus area of the upper teeth usually point at sinusitis, which is a condition that emanates due to pain in the nerves of that area. This pain can also happen due to cold and cough as well as an allergic attack that affect the facial muscles due to excessive sneezing and watering of the eyes. Also, a flu and fever can lead to this kind of pain.
- Infection: Inflammation along with fever and bleeding can also point at infection. This can render the complete pulp tissue damaged. Also, the growth of abscess in such cases can cause acute tooth pain. The dentist will usually diagnose the issue with a tooth X ray before prescribing antibiotics and carrying out a root canal for severe cases.
Persistent toothache with other symptoms should always be checked by a dentist so as to rule out long term damage that can result in tooth loss.
Dairy products, soft bread, softer grains, seafood and soft meat, soft cooked vegetables and much more are braces-friendly foods i. E. Which can be eaten without any difficulty even when one is undertaking the orthodontic treatment?
I have a problem with my tongue it is always getting red every time so that I am not able to eat food properly what should I do to get rid of this problem?
What is root canal for dental cavity. I have a cavity in my teeth for a very very long time. I want to get it filled. But the doctor said that you need root canal.
Hello, I am 34 years old male and I have a dry mouth for last 4 months. When I drink water after 30 minute I need water. What should I do?
My sister has bleeding from the tooth for the past two and a half months. She cleaned her mouth once. She is using chlorhexidine mouth wash. We took an opg, the report is normal. We took blood tests (bt-3min 15sec, ct-6min 45sec, platelet count-1.60, haemoglobin-12.1, blood sugar-91) everything came normal. But till bleeding continues. What we have to do now? is there any reason for this bleeding from teeth? please answer me thanks.
Replacing the damaged, decayed tooth with an artificial one on an artificial tooth root is known as Dental Implant. In this procedure, the lost root is replaced by a compatible metal, on which a tooth crown is then built. In dental implants, sound tooth are not touched for support, unlike in root canal and extraction.
Mechanism of Dental Implant:
A strong, biocompatible material is used to make screws, which are inserted into the bone. Titanium is the most preferred material, and because of its unique property of osseo-integration (fuses with the bone), it fuses with the bone to reduce bone loss after the tooth is gone. In most cases, the titanium screws, which act as the root for the implants are placed into the bone and allowed for some weeks to few months to fuse with the bone. Then, an interim crown may be used until the screw is ready to take on an implant.
The screw is periodically monitored and once it is completely accepted, then an abutment is placed on it. This acts like a stump or a root, over which a crown will be placed. Though most implants are done for replacing single teeth, in many cases, multiple teeth may be replaced using abutments. If the missing teeth are adjacent to each other or in the same quadrant, then a denture might be overlaid over the abutments. Alternately, a partial denture may be used which is screwed over an abutment.
Advantages of Dental Implants:
- Eating becomes comparatively easier with implants rather than sliding dentures, because they function like your own teeth
- Unlike removable dentures, implants are much more comforting as well as convenient
- Better overall appearance of teeth, since they are made to fuse with the bone
- Higher self-esteem as you will feel better about yourself
Generally, dental implants have a very impressive success rate (up to 98%). This can differ, however, based on the placement of the implants.
If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.