Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Nusrat HakimYour feedback matters!
My eyes is become itchi can you tell the name of eye exercise please to get back my normal eyes Suggest some eye exercise.
I am 20 year old male. For the past two days. I've noticed that my skin and eyes feel hot. No fever or any other symptoms. Just burning of eyes and skin and also difficulty to sleep at night. I have not been doing any other activities. What could be the reason n solution?
Hi doc I developed a red spot in d white portion of my eye. Today mor. I take high bp medicine daily cz I hv high bp. Is d.
My son is 3.5 years old, his eye gets reddish and itching when he gets in touch with micro dust while playing or blow micro dust which deposits in computer or windows etc. He keeps rub his eyes badly almost during crying or in normal condition.
I have a little problem. I am facing red eyes for 2days, I used pataday drop twice a day but nothing happened. What should I do?
I am 28 year old male. I used to wear specs -2 for both eyes for 5 years. I had operation 2 years back and my eyes is good now. But under eye swelling and marks still there. It looks bad. However I still use anti-glare specs for computer work in office. How to remove this swelling?
Feeling tiredness every time, itchy eyes, sweats at night, feeling cold in night, sting during bathroom, continuous from five months. Same problem with my partner.
Hello sir My eyes have a weakness due to efficiency of dust particles are stored in my eyes in the morning please help me.
My eyes have been red since last week. I thought that there must be some germs in my eyes and I have been try to clean it and this couldn't be able to clean. Please help me to getting fixed.
Vision problem. I am 22 years old. and a doctor suggest me to wear power 1 eye glass. .will I have to regularly wear the eyeglass? Because I do not want to eyeglasses. Please suggest me any medicine or healthy food plan, and exercise for eyes. Thank you so much in advance.?
I am suffering from nearsightedness. My contact lens is - 3.0. What should I do to decrease the contact lens no.
I am having floaters in my eyes how can I reduce them? Why it is caused? How can I stop increasing floaters?
My eyesight is - 5.5 and it still is increasing I don't know what to do I have shown in many hospitals like cmc but nothing works.
Glaucoma: An Overview
This disease can be developed or inherited; it usually refers to the accumulation of fluid inside a person's eyes leading to excessive pressure on his or her optic nerve.
How to Diagnose the Symptoms of Glaucoma:
- A Fundamental Eye Examination: An experienced eye doctor will check the dilated pupils of your eyes so as to take a closer look at the optic nerve that further discerns the stage of glaucoma a patient is in. Doctors tend to keep track on the sequential progression of glaucoma and its specific mode of treatment through pictures of the optic nerve taken during an examination.
- Tonometry may also be performed: Signs of Glaucoma may be spotted through the procedure called tonometry where the doctor will test a person's eye pressure and so on so forth. A visual field test might also be conducted to check if the patient can see things at the periphery of his line of vision.
Symptoms that will help a doctor identify this condition in people:
- A loss of peripheral vision is experienced in the early stages of glaucoma.
- A person may see halos when in the presence of bright lights.
- Your eyes could turn red.
- Hazy or blurry vision is a problem faced by young children affected with glaucoma.
- Glaucoma could be accompanied by headaches and eye pain.
- An affected person might repeatedly feel nauseous.
Ways to Treat Glaucoma:
- Microsurgery can effectively treat Glaucoma: Microsurgery can be performed in various ways. There is one way in which a channel is made to pump out the fluid creating extra pressure on the optic nerve. This method is referred to as trabeculectomy.
- Eye Drops: Eye drops can relieve you from painful glaucoma. They are known to control the formation of excess fluid in a person's eye. In some cases, they can induce the accumulating fluid to flow out of the patient's eyes.
- Laser Treatment: Laser surgeries can be undertaken to get rid of glaucoma. Laser can help in moving out fluid from the eyes of the affected person. It successfully hinders fluid blockage as well. There are different kinds of laser treatments available to cure glaucoma.