Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nupur MitalYour feedback matters!
While some people see tears as a sign of weakness, for others crying is a crucial way of dealing with grief. Though as children we’re told not to cry and to ‘keep a hold’ of our emotions, letting go of a few tears can help alleviate grief and emotional distress.
Here are a few reasons crying could be a good idea when dealing with loss.
- Crying can stimulate the release of endorphins: Crying cleanses the mind of negative emotions and allows you to express your emotions. Crying can be described as a reaction to pain and in order to control pain, the body releases endorphins. Endorphins are also known as happy hormones as they block the transmission of pain signals and create a sense of contentment. These chemicals can take a little time to have an effect and hence in most cases, you will notice an improvement in your mood after a good cry.
- Crying elevates the mood: Crying can help reduce your body’s manganese levels. A higher than normal manganese level can heighten anxiety, irritability, tiredness and emotional disturbances. By lowering manganese levels, the brain is left with enough space for happier emotions and hence crying can help elevate a person’s mood.
- Crying stimulates the body’s parasympathetic nervous system: The parasympathetic nervous system controls a number of functions including heart rate. Crying can stimulate this system and trigger a state of relaxation. For this reason, you may feel sleepy after crying. This gives your body time to relax and deal with the problem at hand with a calmer mind.
- Crying helps deal with stress: A stressful experience or emotional situation can cause a build-up of stress hormones known as cortisol. As the levels of cortisol increase in the body, it goes into flight or fight mode as an automatic response to stress. Crying reduces the cortisol levels and helps relieve tension and stress almost immediately.
- Crying is cathartic: Every day we are exposed to conflicts and stressful situations that can build up into resentments and leave a person feeling anxious and depressed. Sometimes, giving vent to emotions and crying can help release these pent-up feeling and heap cleanse the mind of these negative emotions. Crying also allows us to open ourselves up to the people around and can improve the levels of intimacy between them. In this way, it can help a person become part of a community. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I m a mother of 4 years child. After loosing post pregnancy weight from 72 to 62 kgsI have experienced a continuous reduction in breast size and at present my breast size is extremely small and they lost their firmness completely and at no point of time I feel firmness in them. Is dere is any method to increase the size of the breast and increase the firmness of the breast? Are the breast creams available in the market safe to use?
Doctor 10 week ago my period was complete. Than I sex with my husband. And take a pill. Unwanted72. After 1 week today I have again period. Why this problem?
Hi, I am a mom of a 6 months old baby. I had a c-section in october and still I am feeling pain in my knees, legs. I am not able to fold my knees and sit cross-legs because it pains. Can you please help me out with some solution.
Getting enough calcium and vitamin D can prevent osteoporosis and help us remain active and independent.
Myths about calcium, a mineral found in many foods, and vitamin D, absorbed from food and sunshine, are common. Below, two Cleveland Clinic experts from our Endocrine Calcium Clinic offer the facts:
Myth #1: Only elderly women develop osteoporosis.
Fact: Osteoporosis is most common in women over age 65. However, osteoporosis occurs in men and in younger women too. Women who start menopause early are at risk, for example. So is anyone taking medications such as long-term steroids, certain blood thinners, seizure drugs or medications for acid reflux.
Anyone, male or female, who doesn’t exercise or whose diet is low in calcium or vitamin D is also at risk of osteoporosis. Diseases that interfere with bone health, such as celiac disease and hyperparathyroidism, may also result in osteoporosis.
Bone density evaluation — typically recommended for women starting at age 65 — should begin earlier if you are at risk. “Seeing a physician for this evaluation is critical,” says endocrinologist Leila Khan, MD. A doctor with expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis will make recommendations based on your personal and family health history.
Myth #2: If you’re lactose-intolerant, you can only get calcium from supplements.
Fact: Lactose intolerance, in which the natural sugar in milk products causes belly pain, gas and bloating, is common. But not all dairy products are off-limits for those with the condition. “Yogurt that has live cultures in it has very low levels of lactose,” says internist and metabolic specialist Susan Williams, MD. “Similarly, aged cheeses have little or no lactose.” Nondairy foods that can help supply calcium include dark leafy greens and calcium-fortified foods such as cereal and juice.
Myth #3: You can’t take calcium supplements if you have trouble swallowing pills.
Fact: Chewable supplements are an option. Calcium citrate is better absorbed than calcium carbonate, and calcium citrate supplements come in chewable form. “My personal favorite is calcium gummies — they are very easy to take, provide an easily absorbed form of calcium that does not have to be taken with meals, and taste great,” says Dr. Williams.
Myth #4: It’s not a big deal if you forget to take your calcium supplements.
Fact: Your body needs to maintain a constant level of calcium to keep your bones strong and your muscles functioning. “If you do not get enough calcium in your diet, your body will take some calcium from the bones in order to keep the blood calcium levels normal,” explains Dr. Williams. That is why most of us require calcium supplements if we do not get the recommended 1,200 milligrams or more of calcium per day in our diet.
Myth #5: There’s an ‘ideal’ dose of vitamin D.
Fact: Many adults are deficient in vitamin D, but experts debate the frequency and dose of supplementation. “At this time, it is unclear what the ideal dose of vitamin D should be,” says Dr. Khan. Depending on your level of vitamin D, physicians may recommend high doses (50,000 international units or IU) once a week or once a month to correct deficiencies, or a daily dose of 2,000 to 4,000 IU. Either way, blood tests should prove that the deficiency is corrected, which can take several months. Dr. Khan looks for vitamin D levels of 30 to 40 milligrams per deciliter in her patients. “Higher numbers can be OK, but a low number can be detrimental to bones and potentially cause bone loss,” she says.
Myth #6: Eating dairy and taking calcium are all that’s needed to prevent osteoporosis.
Fact: You need to make healthy lifestyle choices too. That means avoiding excess alcohol, not smoking, keeping your weight in check and exercising regularly. Routine workouts — including walking and other weight-bearing exercises — will help maintain muscle and bone strength. “Keeping your muscles strong will prevent falls — and if we can prevent falls, we can often prevent broken bones,” notes Dr. Williams.
Myth #7: You can’t get too much calcium.
Fact: Too much calcium is not a good thing. If your calcium levels are too high, “stay off the calcium supplements, including Tums®!” says Dr. Khan. “I would be careful how much vitamin D you are taking and would discuss stopping hydrochlorothiazide medication for blood pressure with your physician, since these can result in higher calcium levels.” If you have persistently high calcium levels, don’t ignore them — seek an evaluation from an expert
Ovulation check kaise Kate. Jo egg bante hai ovulation me time WO kaise pata kare .iske liye ultrasonography she hota hai ya alag much hota hai.
Click on'consult' to help me with your diet/nutrition plans.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
My wife's interest for sex is almost finished. Our married life is 11 yrs. This problem is from last 2-3 yrs. We have 3 children.
She has a history of spontaneous abortion 1 month back. Nw she has concieved again as her urine pregnancy test is postive. Wat precautions shud she take nw to avoid miscarriage again?
It is always better to ensure caution and stay protected against possible infections, which are caused by intimate contact amongst partners. Sexually Transmitted Diseases or STDs are common occurrences for many people all over the world. These many range in intensity and type, and may also happen due to various causes. These are also known as venereal diseases. The most common way for this kind of infection or disease to spread, is through unprotected sex with an infected partner. The problem is that many of these diseases do not cause any obvious symptoms which make them even more difficult to detect and spot. So some of the prevailing STD's:
- Bacterial Infections: These are by far the most common type of STDs which can spread quickly and easily when the bacteria are passed on through sexual activity. The symptoms may include pain and even bleeding in the vaginal area. The different types of bacterial infections include Chancroid, Chlamydia, Syphilis, Gonorrhoea, Granuloma Inguinale and others. This bacteria usually manifests due to poor hygiene of the genitals. In case of many of these conditions, if proper diagnosis and treatment does not take place on time, the result may be infertility too.
- Fungal Infections: Fungal infections like Candidiasis usually occur due to the production of excess yeast. This yeast infection can spread and become painful and is usually characterised by a thick white discharge.
- Viral Infections: There are a number of viral infections like Viral Hepatitis, HIV, Herpes Simplex and many more, that can transmitted through a virus which can also be found in food, blood, yeast and in rare cases, breast milk. Pain and sores in the genital area can be some of the most common symptoms of these kinds of infections, which can prove to be fatal if not treated on time.
- Parasites: Crab Louse and Scabies are some common parasites that can also thrive on sexual contact with an infected partner, which leads to transmission and spread of the infection. The instant symptoms include skin problems and other changes that may be painful.
- Anal Conditions: Sometimes, many STDs can be caused due to anal sex which may be in insertive or receptive mode. These include HIV, Hepatitis, Gonorrhoea, Herpes and more. The initial symptoms may include pain and sores.
There are a number of unscreened bacteria and viruses that may cause such conditions and one must be careful to practice only protected sex with a known partner. Also, care must be taken to indulge in sexual intercourse with only partner at a time so as to prevent the spread of any infection or STD.
The treatment of any kinds of these STD infections should be treated at the right time before it makes condition worse and the proper medication can be prescribed by the sexologist or even surgery and other such procedures for particularly serious cases. so any case of unprotected sex should be monitored for any STD symptoms and get treated by a sexologist. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Hello I am soumain dhara 23, I had a unprotected sex with my girlfriend and sure the sperm is enter or not but she went to toilet after sex and she also take a I-pill in 14 hours, so she will be pregnant or not.
A stinging pain in the neck that makes you feel broken from the neck joint could be a reason to worry. It is often accompanied by an aching head or a throbbing shoulder joint. Neck pain, such as this occurs due to an injury in the area resulting from sudden back and forth movement of the neck. It is referred to as whiplash as the nature of the pain and subsequent discomfort resembles the snapping of a whip. The pain is more like a sprain, but not exactly so. This can affect athletes or even any person in general who has faced an accident in recent past. Whiplash is characterized by a tearing of ligaments and tendons that connect one bone to another.
Causes of Whiplash:
- Sports that involve contact: Any extracurricular activity involving collisions or other forms of physical contact can cause neck injuries. Football and rugby players frequently suffer from Whiplash.
- Road accidents: Public transport has a host of disadvantages. Reckless driving can make the tendons of your neck tear. Auto accidents cause immense strain on your neck; it can also lead to Whiplash.
- Any kind of physical abuse: If you have gotten into a violent fight with someone your neck could suffer from a Whiplash. Instances of physical abuse where the neck is jerked or punched at can also result in neck strains. Domestic violence often leads to instances of neck strains.
Symptoms related to this condition:
- You may or may not suffer from tinnitus. Tinnitus is a physical disorder where you hear ringing sounds. It is quite distracting.
- Your vision might get blurry.
- You can experience irregular sleep patterns.
- You can find it hard to concentrate on any one thing for more than a while.
- You can grow irritable at the drop of a hat.
- Your memory may fail you. You might find it next to impossible to trace back a day's activity.
Some of the other direct symptoms are:
- Your neck might turn stiff preventing you from moving it left, right, up or down.
- Pangs of pain can be felt in and around your shoulders.
- Your upper arms can grow numb and tender.
- Your head can spin repeatedly or you could feel dizzy.
- Whiplash can also result in serious fatigue.
Mere wife ka mc circle 26-27 days ka but last time 29 days pe hua tha aur uske bad hamne mc ke 4&5 days ko sex kiya aur is bar mc 32 day ho gaiya nhi aaya kya wo pregnent h.
I have periods once in 15 days since last month this is the 4th time and have been anemic, tested for thyroid issue but everything is normal but blood count has gone low please help.
The best way for a couple to have a best possible chance of increasing their fertility and overcoming any problems and having the healthiest possible baby is to ensure that they are at optimum health at the time of conception
Plan 120 days before you begin trying for conception. Eggs and sperms take approximately this time to mature, so through out this time its essential to correct building blocks to ensure best possible outcome.
Alcohol, smoking, caffeine, junk food need to be eliminated and replaced with fresh wholesome food and lots of filterd water. It's simple just be as superhealthy as possible
Take folic acid supplements and get treated for any obvious deficiency
Optimise your weight if possible
Getting the timing right
Timing sexual intercourse during fertile days of menstrual cycle increases your chances of acheiving pregnancy
This is simple to understand
First identify key stages of menstrual cycle
-menstruation- when bleeding occurs
-ovulation - when egg is released
-post ovulatory phase- which is almost fixed around 14 days
Determine your fertility window
-fertility window is the period 5 days before and 24 hr after ovulation
Make your own menstrual calendar for 3 m
Eg. For a cycle of 28 days
D1 is first day of menstruation
D10-d15 is fertile window
Accordingly calculate yours
All the best
Sir. Daily I normally passed urine but today I got too much pain in the penis when I passed urine. I saw little bleeding came with urine at last when almost urine passing is finished. Sir why its happens and what treatment can I get. please sir help me.
There are certain practices, that even though most of us enjoy doing, but are afraid to discuss in public, for the fear of being shunned by the society. But we fail to understand that these things have the potential to enhance our relationships with our partners. An active sexual life and appetite is one where the sexual interest, excitement and peaks all take place on a regular basis with the help of foreplay, intercourse, masturbation and even watching porn. That's right, watching porn can actually improve your sexual relationship. While it has been shunned traditionally as something that may lead to exaggerated expectations and too much inertia when it comes to real time stimulation, porn can actually work as a tool that improves your sexual experience. Here's how!
- Intimacy: It is now a well documented fact that emotional and sexual intimacy can be built when a couple masturbates and watches porn together. This creates the grounds for discussions as far as sexual preferences go. Intimacy can help people explore their sexual side in a more uninhibited manner, which makes for a more qualitative sex life.
- Foreplay: Watching porn can actually do most of the work that foreplay usually does. It can also save you time and add entertainment to your sexual routine even as it gives you ideas about what you can try. Foreplay becomes more intense and pleasurable when you are watching porn as a part of sexual excitement before reaching your peak!
- Women Centric Porn: Watching women centric pornography can help in increasing the excitement for the male partner and helping the female partner in associating with the movie that would be playing. This can help both partners get into the mind set with a more acceptable and realistic form of depiction.
- Loyalty: Watching porn together builds a certain trust factor because both partners are exposing a side of themselves that no one else would have seen. And when the partners are open to trying out the things that each fantasises about, but could not express without the pornographic film, it also creates a basis for loyalty as the partners will not have the need to try those unfulfilled desires with anyone else outside the relationship.
- Unique: Watching porn can keep things feeling new and fresh. It gives new ideas and helps the partners envision each other in new role play and with improved techniques that can titillate and stimulate both partners. This ensures that the excitement remains in the relationship also.
It is a well known fact that sex is the glue that pretty much holds most relationships together. So keeping yourself attractive and creating a basis for your partner to be able to see you in varied and exciting scenarios can be helpful for your sexual health. So, it is important to use tools like porn in moderation for sexual satisfaction.