Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nitin ShirsatYour feedback matters!
I am 42 years male having bad breath from about 10 years i and consulted to many doctors, such as gastro neurologist, Dentist, ENT, Neurologist, and so many investigation has been done such as endo escopy ,CT scan brain and ENT part, electro incephalogram. neither any thing find out nor I got relief from this problem. Please suggest me.
Bad breath is embarrassing. It inconveniences you and everyone around you. It affects your life in more ways than you might be aware of. It is crucial that you give due care to your oral health well in time to save difficult procedures and unbearable decay in time. Here are a few ways how you can do that:
1. Brushing Twice: This is the first and the most important. The reasons of odour in the mouth are mainly gum disease, tooth decay, and cavities. You should brush your teeth twice, once right after you wake up and just before you go to bed.
2. Tongue Cleaning and Flossing: It’s not just brushing, you need to clean your tongue too. This is the area where harmful bacteria are present. To avoid odour and mouth diseases, ensure that you have a tongue cleaner and that you clean your tongue every time you brush your teeth. Also remove the in-betweens of the teeth with a flossing thread. It ensures complete deposit free oral hygiene.
3. No to Mints: Avoid using mints and gums to disguise the odour in your breath. They are temporary disguises and do more harm than good. They have sugar which stays back in your mouth and spoils your oral health, drastically. If you have to choose ones which are free of sugar.
4. Drink Ample Water: If your mouth is dry, it is a bad sign. Saliva has the important enzymes which help kill bacteria. If your mouth is dry, bacteria are increasing. So, drink water. Ensure you drink at least eight glasses of water in a day.
5. Rinse After Every Meal: Always wash the insides of your mouth well, after eating anything, esp. chocolates and other sugary foods. A good swirl with water inside your mouth will get rid of the food lodged in corners.
6. Pick The Right Fruits: Certain fruits and vegetables are very good for oral health. Juicy and crunchy Vitamin C rich fruits like bell peppers, broccoli, berries and apple have a cleansing effect on your teeth.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Sir mere upper ke middle teeth mai black black pada hua hai niche hisse mai toh ye kyaa calcium ki kami hai kyaa please suggest me sir.
I always feel smell in my mouth, although I brush my teeth twice a day and using top brands like colgate, pepsodent, please advise
I am a 27 year old. There is a gap between my extreme right tooth, hence a cavity is formed. Doctor has advised for root canaling. Is there any other option available ?
My friend is 23 years old. While talking with him I feel bad smell coming out from his mouth. So, how can I suggest him to overcome this problem.
I have problem in my teeth. I think it's a cavity problem because my one teeth is cut automatically. And this cause a pain in my tongue. What to do?
I am suffering from tooth ache from 2days. So please help me to reduce my pain and also say any instant way to reduce my pain.
Dear Sir, mere danto ko kida kha liye hain jisse danto men bahut dard rahta hai kripya achchi dava batayen jisse dard thik ho jaye aur eska purn nidan bhi batane ka kast karen.
My kid has tooth decay problem for 3 teeth. Pls help me to do permanent filling r temporary filling N present he don't have any pain.
What you must know before you get root canal treatment
Root canal treatment also known as endodontics is performed to treat and heal an infected or badly damaged tooth rather than removing it. When your teeth start decaying, you do not feel any pain for a very long time. However, gradually the darkening of your tooth color may become prominent which could mean that the tooth nerve is dying or has died. That's the time you will need root canal treatment which involves cleaning of the canals inside the roots of your tooth.
Why you may need the root canal treatment
Teeth consist of a soft core known as dental pulp. This pulp goes beyond the crown and the noticeable part of your tooth to the root tip inside your jawbone. The pulp contains blood vessels, nerves, and connective tissue. So when your tooth is damaged or has a severe cavity, bacteria can easily make their way through the pulp. Symptoms and signs of a sore tooth include a hole in your tooth, a swelling around the regions of your face and neck, gum swelling, tooth pain or a toothache and temperature sensitivity. If it is left untreated, the decaying material and bacteria can cause a tooth abscess or severe infection, resulting in a bone loss, pulp death and even loss of the tooth itself. The root canal treatment is the best way to save the damaged teeth and escaping the painful process of extraction.
What does the treatment involve?
The purpose of the treatment is to free your root canal from every possible infection. The root is then cleaned and filled to avoid any further infection.
Root canal treatment is a skilled procedure which is time-consuming and usually requires from 2-3 visits to your dentist.
In the initial stage, the infected pulp is isolated to drain out abscesses (if any), followed by the cleaning of your root canal which is then prepared for a temporary filling.
Your tooth is then left to settle down.
In the next visit, your tooth is checked to see whether it’s free from all forms of infection so that it can be permanently filled.
Related Tip: Only 6 Basics That Beat Bad Breath