Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Nitin NarvekarYour feedback matters!
We felt to don't want children's now, but on 27th sept we had sex and she took I pill, she got periods on time I.e 5th Oct, and again we met on 13th Oct and now again she took ipill here the problem is she got periods on on 20th Oct. What happened to her now? She getting headache and feeling nervous, telling stomach pain so what to do now?
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and infertility are considered synonymous by most. However, the truth is that they are not and there are a lot of treatment options that can lead to pregnancy, even in a lady who is suffering from PCOS.
Reasons PCOS leads to infertility: Women with PCOS have different hormonal pathways than a normal woman without PCOS. It changes the system of how your body produces the eggs and prepares your uterus for pregnancy. Three reasons why women with PCOS do not get pregnant or why it is difficult for them to maintain pregnancy are:
- Women who are suffering with PCOS do not ovulate normally.
- They have irregular periods and thus their monthly cycles are not predictable.
- As they have irregular periods, their endometrium may not be prepared when the egg is released. Thus, it does not help in sustaining the pregnancy.
Symptoms of PCOS: There are a lot of symptoms that show the hormonal imbalance due to PCOS.
- Ovarian cysts
- Excessive amounts of male hormones
- High levels of insulin
- Fertility problems
- Weight gain
- Ovulation and menstrual problems
- Excess body and facial hair
- Anxiety and depression
As there is hormonal imbalance in a woman with PCOS, the eggs may not develop properly and at the same time, they may not be ready to get fertilized, thus leading to infertility.
PCOS infertility treatment: The good news is that even if you are one of them with PCOS, there are treatments that can help you to get pregnant.
Here are the drugs that help patients with PCOS:
- Metformin (Glucophage): It helps in reducing the insulin levels and stabilizes the hormones. Thus, doctors often prescribe metformin that will help in making the ovulation cycles regular.
- Clomid (Clomiphene citrate): Another fertility drug that helps in conceiving is Clomid. It may be prescribed with or without metformin. When women with PCOS take these two drugs together, their chances of getting treated for PCOS and getting fertile become more. Many women may need a high dose of Clomid so that they can retain fertility.
- Gonadotropins: This medication is necessary for helping you with ovulation as gonadotropins are hormones that stimulate your ovaries to release eggs. When someone is not responding to clomid then this medication may be tried.
If you too are trying to conceive and yet have not succeeded and can find the symptoms mentioned above, visit your doctor and start the treatment.
Me and girlfriend were messing around today. We used condom all the while. It wS just a one point where we didn't use it. But there was no insertion in the vagina. She's a virgin also. I do not know if it was inserted a little or not. If it all it was inserted also. Just the tip of my penis would've been inserted. Later after an hour or so, she told me there was a little bleeding. Just two three drops. Then after an hour or so more she told me there was more bleeding, but along with a mucus kind of thing. I didn't ejaculate. Maybe I was just leaking of precum. And I didn't make any insertions into the vagina. We're afraid of what it could be. Could she be pregnant and lost her virginity as well? All this happened today itself. please respond quickly.
Is there any contraindication for taking misoprostol for abortion if I have previous history of POST PARTUM haemorrhage. I have two normal deliveries with one history of mtp.
I am 42 years female unmarried and since last two times my periods are getting delayed. Please let me know what are the reason and how I can regularize my menstruation cycle with the help of herbals which are easily available in the market?
I married 2 years ago during these years we enjoyed our sex life but when we planned for a baby then I find I can't cum during sex I tried many different ways but I can't please help me.
Diet for nasal allergy
Certain foods and drinks can make allergy symptoms better or worse
Foods that help
1- seafood containing omega 3 fatty
2- fruits and vegetables containing vitamin c and e.
3- hot drinks and soup
Help break up mucus and making it
Easier to cough up mucus
Natural source of vitamin d
5- drink water
Foods to avoid
1- processed foods
Contain highly unsaturated fats and proinflammatory trans fats that worsen inflammation
Cause swelling and stiffness in the nose can make symptoms worse.
Recently we had sex with my partner. Mostly we use safety, but missed once. So my doubt is usually how many days after sex should I go for urine pregnancy test. Also suggest are there any reliable test than urine test.
After delivery . First child Cesarean in next baby when will be consume. please tell when we can sex sir thank you.
Sir my wife is suffering from breathing problem and irregular menses and she also has acid reflux disease after eating she has burning sensation in stomach and stress with negative thoughts Please give me proper suggestion thank you.
HI, I want to check my blood test for pregnancy so stomach will be empty or how can I do test. Please guide me.
Kidney failure is happening even to 20-year-old Indians now! 4 Reasons why.
Usually more common in the elderly as a consequence of the chronic kidney disease, kidney failure is now increasingly becoming common amongst 20-somethings in the country.
Mainly because of their unhealthy lifestyle habits, they are falling prey to a disease that normally strikes later on in life.
Kidney failure, also known as renal failure, occurs when the kidneys stop functioning properly, that is, they are unable to filter out waste and toxins efficiently from the body. It is the most severe stage of chronic kidney disease. To ensure that toxins don't build up in the body, treatment usually involves dialysis (process for removing excess fluid and waste from the blood) or kidney transplant, among others. It is said that about 1 million people all over the world are on dialysis or are surviving on transplanted kidneys. The condition is permanent and can occur either very suddenly or slowly over time.
These frightening habits of the young are leading to the rise of the incidence of renal failure:
1. A sedentary lifestyle - A research conducted by the University of Utah School of Medicine suggests that if you spend 80 minutes a day sitting, you see a 20% increase in the risk of developing chronic kidney disease and, in turn, renal failure.Sedentary behaviour can also increase your risk of diabetes, hypertension as well as obesity (causes of chronic kidney disease).India is said to have about 60% of patients who suffer from hypertension and diabetes also suffer from kidney problem.
2. Poor eating habits - Studies suggest that the right diet consisting of fruits legumes, nuts, and whole grains can help in preventing kidney disease.On the other hand, a diet that is high in processed meats; salt and sugar can worsen the vicious cycle of high blood pressure, high blood sugar, and kidney disease. Furthermore, a BMI of over 30 can increase your risk of developing common kidney ailments by two-fold. With the proliferation of fast food outlets and junk food due to lack of time, Indians are increasingly now at a risk.
3. Smoking - Smoking brings about a decrease in blood flow to the kidneys, rendering the organs inefficient. When you smoke, the arteries of your body harden and the blood vessels become narrow, leading to a worsening of conditions like high blood pressure. A study by the John Hopkins University says that smoking can increase your chances of developing kidney disease by about 60%. Many young Indians view smoking as fashionable and some even take it up to 'look cool', to beat stress or just to blend in with their peers.
4. Drinking alcohol - Excessive alcohol consumption can bring about significant changes to the way your kidneys may function. Your kidneys end up becoming less efficient at removing alcohol from the blood due to regular drinking. Additionally, more than 2 drinks a day has been found to significantly increase your risk of high blood pressure, a common cause of kidney disease.
Related Tip: 4 Types of Kidney Stones and Their Common Symptoms