Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Nitin NarvekarYour feedback matters!
What are the symptoms of std diseases? Actually my friend has done sex with unknown partner, for 5 mins, he doesn't know whether she has any diseases but. He has released the semen outside her body and not in the vagina, does he occurs any diseases? He didn't use any condom or safety.
Cancer is the abnormal, uncontrolled growth of cells in a particular body part. With continued growth, pieces of this tissue travel through the blood to different body parts and continue to grow in the new area. This is known as metastases. Breast cancer is one of the most common forms of cancer and affects about 1 in 8 women in the USA. Read on to know more details of breast cancer – breast anatomy, causes, symptoms, risk factors, detection, prevention, and of course treatment.
Anatomy: The main function of the breast is lactation through its milk-producing tissue that are connected to the nipple by narrow ducts. In addition, there is surrounding connective tissue, fibrous material, fat, nerves, blood vessels and lymphatic channels which complete the structure. This is essential to know as most breast cancers develop as small calcifications (hardened particles) in the ducts or as small lumps in the breast tissue which then continues to grow into cancer. The spread can happen through lymphatic or blood flow to other organs.
Warning signs/symptoms: The following are some symptoms that need to be watched out for if you have a predisposition to breast cancer.
- A lump in either of the breasts or armpits
- Change in size, shape, or contour of either breast
- Redness of your breast or nipple
- Discharge of clear or bloody fluid
- Thickening of breast tissue or skin that lasts through a period
- Altered look or feel of the skin on the breast or the nipple (dimpled, inflamed, scaly, or puckered)
- One area on the breast that looks very different from the other areas
- Hardened area under the breast skin
Either one or a combination of these should be an indication to get a detailed checkup done. Early diagnosis results in controlling the disease with minimal treatment and reduced complications.
Causes and risk factors: The exact cause for breast cancer is yet to be pinned down. However, risk factors are clearly identified, and women with risk factors need to watch out for warning signs.
- Family history: Of all the risk factors, the family history is the most important. Breast cancer runs in families, and if there is a first-degree relative with the breast cancer, the chances of developing it are almost double. Two genes BRCA1 and BRCA2 are the carriers of the disease, and this testing can be done in women to identify if they are at risk.
- Family history of other cancers: Even if there is no breast cancer, if there are other cancers that run in the family, watch out.
- Age: Women over 50 are at higher risk of developing breast cancer.
- Race: Caucasian and Jewish women are at higher risk of breast cancer than African-American women.
- Hormones: Greater exposure to the female hormone estrogen increases the chances of developing breast cancer. Women who use birth control pills for contraception and hormone replacement after menopause are at a higher risk of developing breast cancer.
- Gynecologic milestones: Women who have abnormal menstrual milestones need to watch out. These include those who attain menarche before 12 years of age, get pregnant after 30, attain menopause after 55, and have menstrual cycles shorter than 26 days or longer than 29 days.
- Obesity and alcohol abuse are also likely to increase a woman’s chances of developing breast cancer.
Stages: Starting from stage 0, higher stages indicate advanced disease.
- Stage 0: The growth which has begun in the milk-producing tissue or the ducts has remained there (in situ) and not spread to any other area, including the rest of the breast.
- Stage I: The tissue slowly becomes invasive and has begun to affect the surrounding healthy tissue. It could have spread to the fatty breast tissue and some breast tissue may be found in the nearby lymph nodes.
- Stage II: The cancer at this stage grows considerably or spreads to other parts. There are chances that cancer may grow and also spread.
- Stage III: It may have spread to the bones or other organs but small amounts are present in up to 9 to 10 of the lymph nodes in the armpits and collar bones which makes it is difficult to fight.
- Stage IV: The cancer is widespread to far-flung areas like the liver, lungs, bones, and even the brain.
Screening: This is one of the most effective ways to identify the disease in its early stages. This will help in controlling cancer from spreading with minimal treatment.
- Self-examination: A thorough self-examination to look for changes in terms of shape, size, colour, contour, and firmness should be learned by all women. Watch for any discharge, sores, rashes, or swelling in the breasts, surrounding skin, and nipple. Examine them while standing and when lying down.
- In most women, annual screening mammograms are advised after the age of 40. However, in women who have a strong family history or genetic makeup, it is advisable to have screening mammograms starting at age 20 every 3 years and then annually from the age of 40.
- Women in high-risk categories should have screening mammograms every year and typically start at an earlier age.
- Ultrasound screening can also be given in addition to mammograms.
- Breast MRI is another way to screen for breast cancer if the risk is greater.
Breast Cancer Prevention: Now that there is so much awareness about causes and risk factors, there are definitely ways to prevent or delay the onset of the disease.
- Exercise and a healthy diet with reduced amount of alcohol are definitely effective in minimising the chances of developing cancer.
- Tamoxifen is used in women who are at high risk for breast cancer.
- Evista (raloxifene) which is used to treat osteoporosis after menopause. It is also widely used in preventing breast cancer.
- In high-risk women, breasts are surgically removed to prevent the development of cancer (preventive mastectomy).
Treatment: As with all cancers, treatment would depend on the stage at which it is identified and include a combination of chemotherapy, radiation, and surgery. As noted earlier, if you are at risk, look out for warning signs as early diagnosis is the key to maximum recovery.
My period is not coming. The date was 16th march and I had done sex on 8 march thn after 16th it was repeat again on 25th and take also unwanted 72. But till now my period is not come. .what can I do. .plz help me.
A sexless marriage is one where the couple does not get to have intercourse. This can happen due to many reasons including lack of interest in sex, lack of libido or sexual drive, lack of arousal, erectile dysfunction, vaginal issues like pain and dryness as well as premature ejaculation and various others. In a marriage or any long term relationship, sex is like a glue that holds the couple together and gives them an intimate basis to understand, support and respect each other through thick and thin. So it is important to fix this problem of a sexless marriage where the relationship has fallen prey to complete lack of sex or has not been consummated at all. Here are a few ways to do so.
Honesty: Getting an honest opinion from your partner regarding the utter lack of sex or non-consummated status of your relationship can actually make a world of difference. Stick to an honest approach yourself and tell your partner everything there is to know. That can goad your partner into sharing the truth, too. In such a case, trust comes into play and respect also enters the relationship.
Physical Ailments: If there are physical ailments like penile and erectile dysfunctions, premature ejaculation and other vaginal disorders, then this must first all be discussed by the couple. It is important for both parties to admit and become aware of the presence of a problem before visiting a doctor or a sexologist together so as to find out the cause and treatment for the condition.
Share Experiences: In many cases, the stress of past sexual trauma or handling the performance with a new love interest can lead to problems as far as sex goes. So, in such cases it is important for both partners to invest time in getting to know each other outside the bedroom and having a good time with each other without bringing sex into the picture. With this, one can slowly forge a connection on the basis of which, sex will also naturally follow. Cultivating hobbies, making mutual friends, visiting places and other such activities can help a couple bond better.
Find out Each Other's Preferences: A major part of intimacy comes from being able to openly discuss each other's sexual preferences in terms of likes, dislikes, toys, pornography viewing and other such things. So it is important to open up and be open so as to facilitate greater pleasure and culmination of the act.
Learn your way around each other with trust, honesty and respect in order to create a relationship where a caring touch is rendered even to the most intimate acts.
If pregnancy test is positive then first 3 month what we take safety means sleeping, eating, sex etc. Please detail?
How to prevent pregnancy? My girlfriend and I want to have sex. I want both of us to be safe. Also tell if there's any way to prevent pregnancy if we don't want to use condom?
Mai 33 yrs ki hun meri shadi ko 4 months ho gayen hai pr mai abhi tak conceive nahi kr pa rahi hun kya eski wajah mere husband ki diabetic & hypertension hai.
I was having problem of irregular periods. My doctor prescribed me premolut-N 3 tablets a day for 5 days then to continue with krimson 35. But after taking 5 days of premolut n still did not got periods.
What is balance diet? Step .org planning balance diet? Write down of importance of balance diet? definition of balance diet.
Vaginismus is a condition where vaginal contractions and squeezes may be caused due to pain during intercourse or due to the insertion of objects like tampons. This mildly uncomfortable condition is also characterised by spams and other symptoms like the feeling of coming up against a thick wall which can cause pain. This may be due to a variety of reasons starting from infections to anxiety. To a large extent, the treatment of this condition depends on the cause. Following are the various ways in which this condition can be treated.
- Sex Therapy: A sexologist or an expert who specialises in psychosexual medicine can help in treating this condition by conducting a series of counselling sessions where psychoanalysis will help in understanding and unravelling the cause of the condition. This may be followed by CBT or cognitive behavioural therapy. This kind of therapy usually helps in reprogramming the brain after the root cause for the condition is known.
- Exercises: During sex therapy, the doctor may also teach you various kinds of exercises and vaginal trainers that can help you in strengthening the pelvic floor and relaxing the muscles as well. These vaginal trainers are especially helpful in equipping you suitably so that you can relax your vagina and let the insertion happen. Vaginal trainers consist of four smooth balls of plastic which can be inserted with the help of lubricants to help in stretching the vagina.
- Relaxation: Getting yourself to relax is also a matter of exploration and touching, which can help you understand the kind of touch and the exact areas that make you tense. During sex therapy, you may be taught a technique known as progressive relaxation. This mode includes tensing and relaxing your muscles as you explore by inserting a finger.
- Sensate Focus: This is a part of sex therapy and involves your partner. In this method, you will be asked to abstain from sex and touch each other without going to the genitals and other private parts. This will help in better arousal and sexual stimulation.
- Surgery: The last option for treating a very severe form of this condition is to put the patient through surgery which will seek to remove endometriosis, as these growths in the womb's lining can cause a lot of pain during intercourse. Also, vaginal enlargement surgery can be carried out with the help of episiotomy.
This kind of procedure usually helps in fixing the scar tissue that may have been left from a previous procedure, which can restrict or block the vaginal path. Getting help at the right time for this condition is of great importance so as to have a normal sex life.
Hallo Doctor I was advised to Take clomifene citrate Ferri 50mg Tablet since I had pco and a miscarriage. I just took it 1 month and last month my period was Naturally in 14. This month Its already 5 days Delay. May I know the possible reasons. Will period occur für Sure After this medicine.
Nicotine is the chemical that makes cigarettes and smoking so hard to quit, nicotine is one of the most addictive chemicals known to man and it has been smoked all over the world for centuries. Nicotine is a stimulant that can block nerve and muscle cells from proper functioning. The tobacco plant produces nicotine that can raise heartbeat, blood pressure and can even increase your risk of a stroke.
Even with all of the smoking bans, health warnings and science to prove how harmful nicotine can be, people still choose to smoke. One can also chew tobacco, which is less harmful but still contains nicotine. If you smoke it is possible to flush nicotine out of your system by eating certain foods such as -
- Wheat germ