Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Nitin E BhosleYour feedback matters!
I am losing weight drastically what should I do. I had renal stones earlier but now I am fine. Is this related?
I am 55 years old female, facing recurrent uti for the last 2 years, on antibiotics neftran every alternate month, having cranberry capsules also, 5 years back my tvt was done for incontinence ultrasound says residual urine is slightly excess kindly advise.
Sir I am sending the report which is as follow hb - 12. 3, serum urea 83, serum creatinine 2. 7, serum albumin - 4. 2, serum sodium- 139, serium potassium- 5. 4 serium calcium-8. 8, serum inorganic phosphorus 3. 4, serium serum uric acid- 3. 8 study done tc-dtpa renogram image reveal - left kidney small in size, with impaired perfusion, impaired paraenchymal tracer uptake and adequate drainage. Right kidney small in size with impaired perfusion, imparired parenchymal tracer uptake and adequate drainage t-max left kidney 3. 5 right kidney 4. 00 relative function in percentage left kidney 45 percent right kidney 55 percent gfr left kidney 19. 2 right kidney 23. 4 total grf 42. 6 impression - bilateral small sized non obstructed kidney with impaired parenchymeal function.
I am feeling discomfort on the penis when I get my bladder full and also during urination apart from getting woken up 2 to 3 times during midnights affecting my sleep.
I am 31 years old. I had operated my kidney stone on January 2015. During that time I was on bed rest for some days. I have noted that I feel middle muscular back pain mostly in the morning. Although I had some physiotherapy sittings. But I had no relief. Please suggest me doctor what I do?
My daughter is 15 years old and she has bed wetting problem since her childhood. She is around 65 kgs weight and not yet matured Is it a problem needs to consult a doctor who. Would that be. Please help.
(1) I have 46 years old, I have a stone problem. Stone size is 7.5mm right kidney upper pole. I do the many times Lithotripcy and crash the stone but many time increase the stone please give me permanently solution. (2) I have many time flue and cough problem. Please give me solution.
I am getting second time uti, first was last month and I think it start after an intercourse. This time was the worst, started late night and the condition aggravated within a few hours. Was passing a few blood in urine. My doctor prescribed antibiotics for 5 days - norfloxacin, paracetamol and omeprazole. Today is 3rd day but still the pain and burning has not disappeared fully. This discomfort starts in the morning - after my second pee. Then it gets worse, no blood, but kind of pressure and burning. Then as when evening arrives it gets better. Dr. Tested my urine, there was fair no. Of bacteria. She also tested me for kidney infection and it came negative. Any idea when the pain and discomfort will go? Does it take this long for the symptoms to go away? Please please help!
Hi, doctors from last 3 month to now, I am getting pain during passing urine I was thinking that it was nothing but as am getting more pain hence I did a urine test where I found a urine infection.
I am 19 year old male. Few months before I had a kidney surgery for the removal of stone. So my question is, can I take the protein or other supplement for gaining weight.
Can drinking water with lemon prevent kidney stones? Also, I have been told not to drink city water. What is the best water to drink?
I am having yellow urination from past 3-4 months. When I drink water a lot it is white or else it's yellow . I did all my urine test. .but report was clear. . Does yellow urination also Happen from anxiety? Or do they occur from withdrawal from any drug?
I am a 26 years old male i'm getting too much urine. Daily I have to go toilet for around 50-60 times. What should I do?
Hi i am 46 years old have 4mm stone in rt kidney from past 2 years. I have taken medicine under consultation of homeopathic and Ayurveda doctors, but stone is still existing at same place. Please give me advice.
Hi doctors age 47 years I have found 6mm stone in right kideny during last week medical health check-up. Kindly advice what to do? I fear with being operated. Regards
My huby have multi stones in left kidney largest measuring 17mm and ultrasound reports showed hydronephrosis in left kidney and grade 3 fatty liver and he is suffering from fever from last 15 days. So please tell me what to do in this condition?
Diabetes is a disorder that is characterized by an inability of the pancreas to produce enough insulin or effectively utilize the insulin produced by the body. Insulin is the hormone that is produced by the pancreas to metabolize sugar in the body, the sugar that is present in the food that you consume.
Diabetes is commonly classified into two types: Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes.
In Type 1 diabetes, the cells in the pancreas do not produce insulin in the required amounts; this disorder usually tends to occur in children. Type 2 diabetes generally occurs in people who are above 40 years of age; this type is characterized by an inability of the body to efficiently utilize the insulin produced by the pancreas.
How can diabetes affect your kidneys?
Too much glucose, also called sugar, in your blood from diabetes damages your kidneys’ filters. If the filters are damaged, a protein called albumin, which you need to stay healthy, leaks out of your blood and into your urine. Damaged kidneys do not do a good job of filtering wastes and extra fluid from your blood. The wastes and extra fluid build up in your blood and make you sick.
Diabetes is a leading cause of kidney disease. Diabetic kidney disease is the medical term for kidney disease caused by diabetes. Diabetic kidney disease affects both kidneys at the same time.
Signs of Kidney Disease in Patients with Diabetes
- Albumin/protein in the urine
- High blood pressure
- Ankle and leg swelling, leg cramps
- Going to the bathroom more often at night
- High levels of BUN and creatinine in blood
- Less need for insulin or antidiabetic medications
- Morning sickness, nausea and vomiting
- Weakness, paleness and anemia
What are the possible complications?
- End-stage kidney failure: If this occurs then you would need kidney dialysis or a kidney transplant.
- Cardiovascular diseases: Diabetics have an increased risk of developing cardiovascular diseases, such as heart disease, stroke and peripheral arterial disease. If you have diabetes and diabetic kidney disease, your risk of developing cardiovascular diseases is increased further.
- High blood pressure: Kidney disease has a tendency to increase blood pressure. In addition, increased blood pressure has a tendency to make kidney disease worse. Treatment of high blood pressure is one of the main treatments of diabetic kidney disease.
What to do?
- It is essential to get your urine checked at least once every year to detect signs of kidney damage.
- Some other symptoms that you may experience are swelling in the ankles, weight gain and a rise in your blood pressure.
- The first step to treat kidney damage caused by diabetes is to get your blood sugar levels under control.
- You should also avoid consuming medications that can cause damage to the kidneys.
- A kidney transplant or dialysis may be advised if the damage to kidneys is significant. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a nephrologist.