Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nitesh PandeyYour feedback matters!
My spouse got cracked nipple problem. She has 15 month baby with breastfeeding. She is using nipcare cream and some antibiotics which was prescribed by her doctor but not getting relief.
My daughter is 8 yrs.Her weight is just 21kg.We provide her fruits vegetables every day.But still she could not increase her weight.What measures should we take to increase her weight and brain development. Though she is normal child. Her class progress is satisfactory. Please give me advice.
My daughter is 11 months old, is consuming very less water and passing very less urine since last for days. Is it normal?
Hello doctor. My son is 13 month old. Yesterday he pour hot water from kettle. It cause blister in left knee & right foot. I went to hospital immediately. They gave silver nitrate ointment alone. For a week. My question is the ointment alone can workout or anything else I have to give him for less recover time. Thanks in advance.
Hi my daughter is 3 years old and she was having viral fever every after 2 or 3 weeks and my doctor asked for a blood test we found out that she is having deficiency of vitamin d 8.68ng/ml and total WBC'count 3,500 cu. Mm and hemoglobin 12.10 gm/dL. What is the problem?
My 1 year baby's teeth still not came also he is not taking solid diet happily any remedies please reply with your suggestions.
Hello doctor. My daughter is 7.5 months old. She is into teething. Can we give any calcium supplement at this stage. Kindly suggest?
Hello, My 3 year 6 month daughter very often follow in sick, cough, cold, and runny nose, she will not be to sleep at nit, and once its come it will take 10-15 to recovery, if she recovery again she get it in week. We have consultant Pediatrician, they say its because of immune system also for duct, food, and other allergic problems. I am worried about her health. We don't give her any kind of out side product still I am not able to keep are out of this. Please do tell me good food which we can improve her immune and be healthy.
My 19 days daughter has 10 times latrine a days my wife feel very nervous she tell me to consult doctor but I told her that it has happen bcoz my daughter is 19 days only.
My baby when born is iucr and he is 2 now but he is not healthy not eats food what to do. Please tell to make him healthy.
My child is ten years old but his growth is not proper on height also not take interest in taking food/diet what can we do and also want to know what will be height after of ten years.
My son is 5 year old. When he speaks, we feel some mucus is stuck behind his nose and when we blow nothing comes out. His one nostril is always blocked and he gets dry cough often. Please suggest good remedy for this ?
My baby is 2.5 months old. She is 70% on lactogen from past 1 month & 30% on mother milk. From past 1 month she has severe colic problem. Also she passes the stool after 3 days by use of suppository capsule. Does the lactogen difficult to digest? Can we give Nan pro? It is easy to digest than lactogen? Or Cows milk will be a good option? We have tried colimex & colicaid but no effect on colic problem.
Which baby doesn't spit up their food! This is usually not a reason to worry, but if this spitting up is chronic and is accompanied by other symptoms it is known as Gastroesophageal reflux disease or GERD. Severe GERD can cause weight loss and breathing problems and thus, should not be ignored.
Reflux occurs when food is pushed out of the stomach and back up the esophagus. This is usually because the digestive system in babies is not yet fully developed. Vomiting often during the day is one of the most common symptoms of GERD. Other symptoms include:
- A persistent cough
- Choking or gagging while eating
- Refusing to eat
- Crying while feeding
- Pain in the stomach
Most cases of GERD can be diagnosed by its symptoms and a look at the baby's medical history. In some cases, additional tests may be required, such as:
- Barium swallow: The child is given a chalky substance to drink. This highlights the esophagus, stomach and upper part of the small intestines in a special X-ray. It is used to check if there are any blockages in the digestive system.
- pH probe: A long, thin tube with a probe at one end is put down the child's throat. This is kept in the esophagus for 24 hours. The probe measures the levels of acidity in the stomach. This test is usually done when the child complains of breathing problems along with reflux.
- Upper GI endoscopy: Here the doctor puts a thin, flexible tube down the child's throat. At one end of the tube is a camera that allows the doctor to look into the esophagus, stomach and small intestine.
- Gastric emptying study: One of the causes of reflux is the slow emptying of the stomach. To check this, the doctor will mix a radioactive chemical with the baby's milk that allows a special camera to follow its path down the digestive system.
In most cases, GERD can be treated by making a few lifestyle changes. Some of these are:
- Raise the head of the baby's crib
- After feeding the baby, do not let him lie down, but hold him upright for half an hour or so.
- Change his feeding schedule
- Ask your doctor if you can try giving him solid food. Else, check if you can thicken his feed with cereal.
- Make the baby burp after feeding
Most infants outgrow this condition within a year, so do not stress yourself and enjoy life with your baby.